Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon peeps! Hey, something's wrong! How many days is it now since we've had rain? Seems like eons! Not that I'm complaining. Temp is currently 13.6 or 15.9 depending on which weather station I look at. Oh, more of this please, it makes such a huge difference to life in general. The ground is drying out nicely now, wee birdies tweetling away, I've even been working outside the last few days and the car got it's annual wash yesterday! Yep, at long last spring is finally here! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Seriously ,i wish it would hurry and warm up,cause its stained glass windowin freezin here......has been all weekend.Local station has it at 8c." Feels like" 5c...and im not surprised..that wind would cut you in two...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Currently 6.8C here which is today's high so far. As you can probably tell that means haar.

Goes quite a way inland too as I was up as far West as loch Tay earlier and it was pretty much the same there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Think I am the only person in the west that hasn't seen sunshine today. Okay there was one wee bit but only for seconds. Grey all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Grey all day in Glasgow too, and baltic cold too. Same as the last two days.

Feel like making one of the those 'when does spring start?' memes for Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well thanks very much Mother Nature. Two days of cold grey muck over the weekend and then Monday morning arrives and the sun come out.

Looks like we're stuck with a cool easterly/south easterly for the rest of this week too. Now why couldn't we have had this 2 week easterly a month or two ago when it might have brought something more interesting?

• Like 1

Posted

3rd day in a low of cloud/mist. Fantastic end to march Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

what a crappy few days not a bit of sunshine to talk about and really chilly feels more like winter than coming into April.

had a little bit of dirty drizzle earlier must be all that Saharan dust blowing about in the air. its not too good for keeping the car clean but could be ok for the gardens and the farmers as I've seen a programme about how the Saharan dust helps fertilize the amazon as it has lots of good stuff in it from when it was at the bottom of the oceans a gazillion years ago.

Posted

Slightly different today.........it p*****g it down (at least it a bit different from the mist/low cloud) not any warmer though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

It's more like November than April out there....oh wait a minute, I forgot, it is still November, it's the 152nd of November today Posted Image

Does someone want to phone Mother Nature and tell her she's forgotten to change her calendar since the 30th of November 2013?

maybe this will be the new norm they did say that when the sun was quiet last time the average temp took a nose dive maybe it will be this just cloudy muck all the time with no sun to talk of.

what a nightmare that would be and I think the razor blades would be getting a good work out lol.

I see meteociel has decided to stop working today so no telling what we may have coming up maybe its snowmageddon for spring and they don't want us all having heart attacks lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Am too depressed to talk aboot the weather

Posted

Believe it or not the sun tried to make an appearance there shocker! Was fleeting though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Lunar dust, not Sahara dust? Interesting but there's a really positive part for winter coming!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well slap my face! That's 5 days in a row we've had sunshine, and I can't remember the last time we had rain! Posted Image  Started my new job on Monday, must remember to take the camera next week and show you all how damn gorgeous my new workplace is!

Posted

Not had much rain here either and all the paths around the woods that were quagmires a couple of weeks ago are now dry as a bone. Not had much sun though either, except for Monday, and it's been quite cool. Today is another of those days with a blanket of low, white cloud, hazy and a cool easterly breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Well slap my face! That's 5 days in a row we've had sunshine, and I can't remember the last time we had rain! Posted Image  Started my new job on Monday, must remember to take the camera next week and show you all how damn gorgeous my new workplace is!

Cannae mind the last time we had two consecutive dry days?

This part of the Central Belt must have the worst fkn micro climate in Scotland!

Big Crabbit Innes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Cannae mind the last time we had two consecutive dry days?This part of the Central Belt must have the worst fkn micro climate in Scotland!Big Crabbit Innes

From about Inverness westward there's been some great sunshine around, really beginning to feel somewhat warm out in the sun when the wind is low. Not quite as great here today unfortunately, but such a relief to see the sun back!

• Like 1

Posted

The 5TH day of utter dross (although like yesterday at 1 point it did try brighten up and even briefly saw bits of blue sky) didn't last long though. Holefully it will clear by friday as expected

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Where has the sky gone?

The met office long range forecast isn't looking very hopeful either. Tis now the 153rd of November!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Grey, dry, cool & a bit windy so far this week on the north coast. Ms HC has been out with the hose at home.

The windscreen's needed a wipe each morning to remove the Saharan dust but I've not noticed the sheep coughing any more than usual.

• Like 1

Posted

So today will mark a week without any sun. This weather is noticeably starting to get on colleagues' nerves at work. They keep asking me when it will change! I've been saying Saturday all week so fingers crossed.

We've not reached 10c since 21st March. Yesterday was the first day this week to reach 8c.

Cool and gloomy again this morning, 6c.

Posted

So today will mark a week without any sun. This weather is noticeably starting to get on colleagues' nerves at work. They keep asking me when it will change! I've been saying Saturday all week so fingers crossed.

We've not reached 10c since 21st March. Yesterday was the first day this week to reach 8c.

Cool and gloomy again this morning, 6c.

You made me have a look at the weather data for Dyce. We had a fair amount of sun on Monday and consequently the temperature hit a high of 9.7C. Other than that though there's really been no sun and the temperature has sat in a range of 6.5C +/-1C day and night for the last 6 days. The winds have also been from a predominately E or SE direction for that period.

Today that theme continues with it being cloudy, misty with some drizzle/light rain and a temperature of 5.9C as of the 10am reading. Compared to this I'll take a westerly regime any day, as long as the periods of rain are at least interspersed with periods of sun!