Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

14c here too .Smashing view across the Firth this morning but ground very very dry.post-2744-0-54078100-1394650716_thumb.jp 

Great weather for lifting the last turnips/swedes . post-2744-0-47985400-1394650657_thumb.jp

.At the end of March last year when  at the same job there was about three inches of snow.post-2744-0-21702300-1394650793_thumb.jp

First daffodil flowering on the farm road next to south facing dyke. post-2744-0-39383800-1394650634_thumb.jp Stems a bit short maybe due to drought?

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sat image taken today of sunny Scotland. You can make out the snow on the hills as well,

Posted Imagesatimage.png

Yeah and you can see that sodding front steaming in to mess it all up too. (Just thought I'd point that out before Nov13 got in Posted Image )

Posted

Seriously can't remember the last time we've had 2 dawn to dusk days of sun in a row! Don't think we will get a 3rd but well 2 is good enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Seriously can't remember the last time we've had 2 dawn to dusk days of sun in a row! Don't think we will get a 3rd but well 2 is good enough

Well I don't know about you but a sheet of grey/white cloud has arrived this morning so no blue sky and sun here (actually as I'm typing this the sun has made a brief appearance). Still dry though and virtually no wind. Temperature at 7:00am was 1.1/0.7C with an overnight low that did go into the negative, but despite that there was no real frost on the grass or cars. Temperature was rising fairly quickly too, up to around 5C according to my car on the way to work at 8:30am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

I've got my stats in for the three winter months here in the Lomonds.  Thought I'd share how it stacked up with the last few winters :)

http://benvironment.org.uk/post/79449265662/winter-2013-14-mild-wet-windy-and-snowless

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

The Grey Corries looking Alpine...stunning!

Posted

As expected. Today is really rather chilly (No sunshine at all)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

So we woke to a dull, dreich day, but no rain as was expected. In fact, the cloud lifted and we had another very pleasant day, not as sunny as previous days, but dry and calm. I think we're gauny get a hammerin' ramorra though. Knew it was too good to last!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Mainly cloudy here with a brisk wind but the sun is making the occasional brief appearance through the gaps. Still dry and given the temperature was sat in the high single digits at 8am when I left the house I suppose it could be classified as 'mild'.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

well the calm sunny weather couldn't last forever as the cloud has rolled in today and can certainly feel the difference in the temps its feeling a little chilly out there the weather station I check for stirling says 11.1c but doesn't really feel that outside and wind picking back up recently and looking like some storms could return from the model runs

its windy up north today

BBC Scotland Weather â€@BBCScotWeather 33m

Blowing a (severe) gale across the Northern Isles just now. 60-70mph gusts, with 74mph recorded in Shetland at 2pm. Windy elsewhere too. CB

and just to put into prespective a little how the winter has gone heres a little pic I found

post-18233-0-53206200-1394813151_thumb.j

and we aren't the only island nation taking a battering from storms

BBC Weather â€@bbcweather 57m

The current forecast for #cyclone #Lusi on Saturday. 100mm rainfall expected and winds gusts approx 130-140kph. Jo pic.twitter.com/xt6qUoD6eZ

post-18233-0-21030500-1394813231_thumb.p

and a bit last minute but anyone in the west who cant drive but wants to ski this weekend just click the link

Glenshee Ski Centre â€@theglenshee 5h

p pointsThere will be a bus running from Glasgow to Glenshee this Saturday. Go onto http://www.clarkstonsnowsports.co.uk ... http://fb.me/3qzO9hgBe 

• Like 1

Posted

Some very violent gusts this afternoon and the duststorms almost got going again along the coastal fields but were ended by some squally showers. A  top temperature of 8c but currently 6.1c. 

Round bales blown out of the barn for a second time in a week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Some very violent gusts this afternoon and the duststorms almost got going again along the coastal fields but were ended by some squally showers. A  top temperature of 8c but currently 6.1c. 

Round bales blown out of the barn for a second time in a week.

Doesn't sound too good. I was outside just here in the village and there were some nasty gusts this afternoon too.  Been digging this week, trying to prep another potato bed, and finding good moisture just beneath the grass - I guess the grass slows the drying right down compared to ploughed ground though.  You been stone picking yet?

• Like 1

Posted

Yes been stone picking for the last week off and on probably another week to go and we should be ready to sow barley weather permitting. Will post a photo of the stone heap when its nearly full Just a few drills of neeps to lift, puncture slowed us up will have to wait till Monday for a new tyre for the neep lifter. Total frustration!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Bright start to the day in NE Fife. Mild too with temps already 9c here in Crail, 10c in Leuchars.Breezy but not as windy as yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly cloudy with a fresh Westerly breeze. Feeling mild at 11.3C. Some brightness around.

Posted

Good sunny spells now, warmest day of the year @ 13.6c. Wind westerly at 25mph mean.

Posted

Fairly breezy overcast and mild all day here but this evening the wind has really got going and is roaring round the house under bright moonlight. Is it just me living in an exposed position but the couple of calm days in  the middle of this last week were bliss after a winter of almost constant high winds

• Like 1

Posted

Fairly breezy overcast and mild all day here but this evening the wind has really got going and is roaring round the house under bright moonlight. Is it just me living in an exposed position but the couple of calm days in  the middle of this last week were bliss after a winter of almost constant high winds

No it's felt the same here - though I'm pretty exposed too!

Lovely sunny start to the day, 10.5c already after yesterday's 13.6c here with 14.4c at Leuchars. Fresh WSWly breeze.

• Like 1

Posted

Frustrating kind of day today. It's trying to brighten up at times but seemingly as soon as it tries, we get another period of drizzle although saying that it's not exactly dull