Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

not much to tell weather wise around here rain cloud more rain more cloud with the odd fleeting appearance from that big shiny yellow thing but doesn't last too long.

didn't manage to make it north over the weekend not been keeping too well lately and didn't have a good weekend but hopefully there will be snow still there in a couple of weeks and I can get up and have some fun and get some pics taken

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Feels quite nice outside just now, even though its cloudy it feels just nice. First light coat weather of the year. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Nice snow now on the new york webcam 

http://firstwebcam.com/rochester/live-webcams-jines-restaurant

:)

Nice sunny day here :))

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Atlast some sunshine. Bright and cold breezy day reminding us it is actually winter and not Autumn!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Day started off at 7.2/3.6C, breezy with broken cloud. Cloud has all but disappeared now though so it's now bright and sunny. Probably not as pleasant out as it looks due to the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Lovely bright sunny crisp day here!I got a train north from the Midlands yesterday and was pleased to see patches of snow on the Borders Hills wherever it is that the West Coast mainline runs - but was stunned by the floods. I don't know that line as well as I know the East Coast, but my oath it's not normally like that. I took some pics but don't have the cable handy to connect them to the laptop. It looked like Somerset… somewhere round Carstairs, south of Tinto, is about the best I can do for location… 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Lovely day yesterday, almost like spring! Today? Back to wind and rainy type pish. Oh, and my daffs are now blooming!

Posted

Lovely bright sunny crisp day here!I got a train north from the Midlands yesterday and was pleased to see patches of snow on the Borders Hills wherever it is that the West Coast mainline runs - but was stunned by the floods. I don't know that line as well as I know the East Coast, but my oath it's not normally like that. I took some pics but don't have the cable handy to connect them to the laptop. It looked like Somerset… somewhere round Carstairs, south of Tinto, is about the best I can do for location… 

And just for a complete contrast we have had a very windy sunny day here with a maximum of 6.9c and an RH of 60% which has dried out the fields to powder with dust following the tractor round the steading today on its feeding operations. A couple of photos  to show the powder surface in the ploughed fields.post-2744-0-44799200-1393352746_thumb.jppost-2744-0-39834000-1393352765_thumb.jp  Tempting to get sowing but we"ll be patient for a while yet but drought is still at the back of my mind for the summer in this area.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all, another grey wet day here. Lots of Snaw up in the ski areas .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-26339994  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-26234290

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy sleet falling here, will it turn to snow before I get on the train to work in 5mins? Probably not!

Posted

It's cleared up nicely here with some sunny spells. 8c/5c in a light SWly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Cairngorm weather station before and after!

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Kilters! Sun is trying to shine here, but at least the rain's off......for the time being! Looking like it's going to get cold over the weekend, but sadly, I doubt very much that I'll see any snow. Posted Image

Posted

Great news, for months at work we've had sledges and snow shovels sitting at the front door of the shop while no snow has fallen. They have now been removed. Wait to see the snowfest we'll get soon Posted Image

Haven't looked at the charts yet but somebody posted some snowy looking Saturday night and Sunday night charts in the MOD earlier....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Kinda blizzardy in New York at the moment.....lucky s*ds!  Posted Image http://firstwebcam.com/rochester/live-webcams-park-avenue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Great news, for months at work we've had sledges and snow shovels sitting at the front door of the shop while no snow has fallen. They have now been removed. Wait to see the snowfest we'll get soon :lol:

Lol....your probably spot on CMD...quite a few snowy charts aboot for next week,so you never know.post-18260-0-23098500-1393526815_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Posted

Fine starry night here after a dry breezy day currently 2.9c and the beginnings of an quite a good aurora across the Firth to the north. More  house oil, tractor diesel, cattle cake delivered .and more wood chopped in the last few days ready for winter next week. 

Aurora right now!

Beat me to it!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Fine starry night here after a dry breezy day currently 2.9c and the beginnings of an quite a good aurora across the Firth to the north. More  house oil, tractor diesel, cattle cake delivered .and more wood chopped in the last few days ready for winter next week. 

Beat me to it!!!!!

Aurora here too!!  Best for a long time..

• Like 1