Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Spot the missing word in tomorrows forecast CMD?

Friday:

Dry for most of the day with some bright or sunny spells. Cloud increasing later with sleet and snow spreading north later in the day, strengthening easterly winds. Maximum Temperature 6 Â°C.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Hi Guys....guess what? It's raining! There was a decent dusting if the white stuff yesterday up towards Portree and Staffin, but hee haw at home. Currently 4.7, pressure 969.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

well i got a decent day the last time I had to run around for appointments but unfortunately today didn't give me a repeat dose and decided to give a little payback.

left the house to rain which then turned to sleet then on to snow but the ground was too wet for it to settle but was enough to give some slushy mess on the ground.

no more snow after that just a few light showers of rain.

tomorrow looks interesting and I wasn't really expecting much with altitude and lets face it the snow gods just really hate Falkirk but after getting some snow out of what we saw this morning my anticipation levels for tomorrow have been raised slightly just hopefully it will snow for a time and give a covering because the models don't look too inspiring for cold and snow this morning.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

a few things I found around and about.

satellite of where we sit just now and the big blob of cloud I the atlantic is tomorrows rain /snow mix winding up

post-18233-0-76628100-1392310507_thumb.p

here is the winds for tomorrow at 1800 and for anyone who ventures into the strat thread this looks similar to the graphics recretos does for his strat stuff with the undulations

post-18233-0-56933200-1392310511_thumb.p

also found this

WSI Energy Weather â€@WSI_Energy 2h

CPC analogs showing that the Polar Vortex will make a return in the 11-15 day period... get ready from some cold! pic.twitter.com/CmFYbmsa8E

post-18233-0-91638600-1392310509_thumb.p

now look at that lovely high pressure to our north east and I so hope this is true plz plz plz as that would be really nice after what we have had to endure

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Five hours and no posts oh dear. Maximum today was 5.6C with 3mm of rain/sleet.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Yes probably unprecedented in February...... Presume this means nae snaw tomorrow.....no info here means gonna have to look at the models myself at this rate......where's ure community spirit Scottish thread....these 4 kids mean I've no energy to look up the weather myself :)

• Like 4

Posted

these 4 kids mean I've no energy to look up the weather myself Posted Image

now now that's meant to be a womans line Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

us Scottish men are hard as nails and can take on anything

EDIT: yes a bit sexist but no snow and was bored.

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 2

Posted

Lol BUS no me I'm a broken man :) wife works a couple of evenings a week and that 5pm to 8pm slot on my lonesome makes me wonder how the fook does she do this all day :)

Must be cauld outside as I'm feeling a bit chilly tonight in the living room which is unusual

• Like 2

Posted

Lol BUS no me I'm a broken man Posted Image wife works a couple of evenings a week and that 5pm to 8pm slot on my lonesome makes me wonder how the fook does she do this all day Posted Image

Must be cauld outside as I'm feeling a bit chilly tonight in the living room which is unusual

nothing really puckers me out I'm kinda hyperactive as you may have noticed from all the posts I tend to make.

just wait till we get a 62/63 style winter i'll cruise past 10,000 posts in a single winter Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well that's one jinx lifted which has persisted since the start of December, the ex has finally given in and we're seeing the boys over this weekend Posted Image

Sorry I can't help anyone (me included) with their "I want six inches of snow" fix Posted Image

Sod that, there's more important things than snow (waits to be lynched)! Make sure the boys enjoy their weekend so that "pester power" comes into play for next time.

Dry cool morning here with the temperature sitting at 0C when I left the house and a slight frost on the cars/grass. Not sure what the front moving in later will bring but it certainly looked quite wintry on the BBC TV forecast this morning. When I knock off work today I'm heading to visit my parents in the central belt with the wife and youngest so my bet is that on the drive down the A90, A9 etc it'll be dark, windy and all varieties of rain, sleet and snow will be thrown at me. Just to make the drive pleasant and enjoyable of course.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Similar to an earlier question so apologies but .... anyone know of anywhere in the Glenshee area to sledge that's not the ski centre? I suspect it might be busy tomorrow and want somewhere quiet for a 5 and 2 year old to get an hours sledging in. Anywhere between Blairgowrie and Braemar would be great.

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Similar to an earlier question so apologies but .... anyone know of anywhere in the Glenshee area to sledge that's not the ski centre? I suspect it might be busy tomorrow and want somewhere quiet for a 5 and 2 year old to get an hours sledging in. Anywhere between Blairgowrie and Braemar would be great.

There is a big hill next to the Spittal Hotel. However I doubt the roads will be open tomorrow. Sunday is your best bet. If going up the hill drive past the ski centre and stop just after there are easily accessable slopes there.

Posted

There is a big hill next to the Spittal Hotel. However I doubt the roads will be open tomorrow. Sunday is your best bet. If going up the hill drive past the ski centre and stop just after there are easily accessable slopes there.

Perfect. Thanks. I'll check the road situation in the morning but Sunday is fine. Given the forecast I'm hoping that we won't have far to drive.

Posted

Perfect. Thanks. I'll check the road situation in the morning but Sunday is fine. Given the forecast I'm hoping that we won't have far to drive.

There is a briliant hill just outside Blairgowrie. We got stuck in snow and ended up sledging there!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

When I was a Glenshee last Sunday the snow level wasn't much lower than the car parks at the centre. Currently the webcam is a bit 'misty' but earlier it looked like there was now more snow lower down than there was a few days ago. If you do need the height then I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you can get parked at the ski centre then there's load of areas away from skiers/boarders you can sledge on and I've seen plenty of people do it.

• Like 1

Posted

Talking of BBC forecasts - has anyone noticed that since being promoted to National forecasting, Stav has turned "more English" ?

He was always a lucky charm up here for cold, and it's not gone unnoticed that since he left, we've not had much in the way of cold.

COME BACK STAV !!!

• Like 1

Posted

Yep i think at the moment there is nae chance of snow under 500ft. Far too warm. Shoot me down if I am wrong though!

Posted

When I was a Glenshee last Sunday the snow level wasn't much lower than the car parks at the centre. Currently the webcam is a bit 'misty' but earlier it looked like there was now more snow lower down than there was a few days ago. If you do need the height then I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you can get parked at the ski centre then there's load of areas away from skiers/boarders you can sledge on and I've seen plenty of people do it.

Cheers :-)

Posted

Some great pictures from Scotland im just a jealous Welshman Lol  www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-26151532

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Feeling much colder now than it did a couple of hours ago in Edinburgh. Still don't think there will be any snow here or back home in Grangemouth although the forecasts this morning did look a little bit better for today than they did last night.

Posted

Seems to be rain in N Eire and high temps. We will just have to hope the temp drops with front coming in. The wind is cold but the ambient temp is about 5c!

Posted

A lot of red appearing on radar in Ireland but no reports in their thread so assume that is higher ground..... as said above too warm here but thats not to say the cold air wont flood in quickly... it did feel warm the other day but soon turned chilly as the front arrived and snowed..... this winter though I know what my money would be on

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Crappity crap weather again today. The Dreich Monster has returned!

• Like 1

Posted

Well that's one jinx lifted which has persisted since the start of December, the ex has finally given in and we're seeing the boys over this weekend Posted Image

Sorry I can't help anyone (me included) with their "I want six inches of snow" fix Posted Image

that's really good to hear mate and hope you have a great weekend looks like you have a good weekend to get out and about

• Like 1