Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Currently +0.3C/-0.2C (proof-read) with a few flakes of new snow since 03.00 and everywhere is a skating-rink.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

For the last few days I've been unable to see any maps or tabs on the MetO Severe Weather Warning website - anyone else got any problems? I get all the text fine, no problem, explaining how to use the site and that - just no tabs to click between and no actual map...(We're having all kinds of problems - might be our internet connection, might be our Mac computers, might be the ghost of my gr-gr-granma scaring the URLs away…)

• Like 1

Posted

Dry and cold with a dusting of snow. About a cm in places. Nice winters morning for a change. Later on looks brutal - I just wonder if we'll see any snow before it turns to pishing rain. Doubt it LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Very little snow left in grangemouth this morning - just icy. All white in polmont with just a covering

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

BBC weather man last night suggested there was more chance of snow after 5pm tonight so don't give up hope if it's rain today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

Someone just tweeted me to say that Hurricane force winds imminent for Irish Sea, sounds rough.

From the Met Office Shipping Forecast :

Gale warnings - Issued: 0820 UTC Wed 12 Feb

Severe gale force 9 veering southwesterly and increasing hurricane force 12 imminent

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bright almost cloudless morning here, quite pleasant. Overnight low was -2.3C and temp at 8:30am was 0.4/LL.LC with a slight frost on the car windscreen. No snow lying at the house but the hills to the West have a speckled look from the remnants of yesterday mornings falls. Looks like we're too low and too far East to see anything other than rain later today but you never know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

1.1c/0.1c/WSW. Very dull here this morning. We had a few short showers overnight which has maintained a slight covering. It was lovely lying in bed watching the snow flying past the window again. Overnight runs have perked everyone up on the MOD I see but you can tell all are being viewed with suspicion.  All eyes will be on news events today I fear. I do hope that nothing too bad materialises as enough is enough for some folks now.

post-1989-0-24468200-1392199017.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Lets just say a miniscule covering this morning. Although my girls were out in their dressing gowns to inspect the snowfall anyway!

Eldest says is this it! hmmm who knows, wonder what later will bring.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

It's sleet in Ireland...

Always a good sign for Scotland!Edit: I hope that following this cold spell we get some clear nights, anything around -5'C as lowest temp of the winter is pretty pathetic for here, hopefully get some sub -10'c nights in soon! Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

well we're off out before the worst weather hits here later... hope at least some people get some cracking snow!!

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

Red warning by Met Office for West Wales & North West England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Latest NW radar shows where the precipitation currently is. Interesting that the front edge is turning to sleet as it moves north, so you never know.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Nice few snow showers yesterday evening with a decent frost this morning. Severe gales for tonight forecast in Fife, wonder if there will be any snow in that. After a brief hint of real winter cold in the medium term, seams like the models are dropping this now, still very early to say!

• Like 1

Posted

At last, snaw! Heavy too, but the ground is very wet so will have to see if it sticks. T 2.4c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/9066386/Frozen-Venice-the-lagoon-and-canals-ice-over-as-Europes-big-freeze-continues.html?image=11 Looks like Europe in getting steadily colder, USA, Central/Eastern Europe and Asia getting all the cold weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Starting to rain here in Alloa, maybe as it gets heavier we may get a little snow before it turns back to rain?

Posted

Snow! Light just now. Can't see it sticking as the ground is wet after this mornings snow thawed but we'll see!

Edit: Getting heavier now.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1