Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

No great surprise the band has fragmented and missed here. Always the same story. Fingers crossed the showers pack enough to reach here later. Will be a close call though... 

Posted

Latest Met forecast for here is pretty uninspiring for later on. Enjoy it if you get folks! Glass half empty today lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Heavy rain as expected here. Temperature +2.8C/+1.8C and 2.8mm of rain since 06:30.

• Like 1

Posted

Another snow shower passing through. Still not lying but the temperature is down to 1.8c and dewpoint at 0.9c. Looks like a nice covering on the hills.

There should be plenty of shower activity moving in from the west as we move through today.

post-9135-0-37836500-1392105665_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

Rain all the way at my location just to the east of Glasgow. It's strange how I hear (from Facebook) that people near the coast are getting some snow yet a location like mine, 20+ miles inland at 100m keeps on getting rain! I must live in some sort of warm pocket micro climate or something haha 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Its just started snowing moderately here in Dyce after starting out as rain. Its not lying at all but its awesome to see some of the white stuff! :) It has been too long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Its just started snowing moderately here in Dyce after starting out as rain. Its not lying at all but its awesome to see some of the white stuff! Posted Image It has been too long.

Well that was a shock!

Temperature in Kemnay around 8:30am was showing 3.1/2.6C and had been rising slowly after an overnight low at some point of -2.7C. No frost in evidence on the garden or the cars so I thought anything falling would be rain. Left the house about 8:50am and it was just starting to rain, with the odd bit of sleet thrown in. By the time I got to Kintore it was very sleety and by Blackburn it was full on heavy wet snow, could probably have been classed as blizzard-like with a strong southerly wind driving it across the road. Might be the effect of the precipitation but the temp dropped from the 3C in Kemnay to 0C at Dyce (according to the car thermometer) and the snow was trying to lie on the higher section at Tyrebagger. It's still snowing in Dyce now and even here it's trying to leave wet accumulations on the cars and grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Have we to get a bad storm tomorrow? I've seen one report saying the track is moving further south, and another one saying it's moving further north..?

Posted

Latest Euro4 not doing much to increase my positivity for later either. Showing pretty much nothing round these parts which fits nicely with the Met Forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Turned back to rain in Dyce now. That was a short winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Edit: I use the phrase "went to bed last night" loosely, "went back to bed after MrsCatch woke me up at 3.30am and never really got back to sleep" would be more accurate, not that I'm bitter or anything Posted Image

Catch some women are just insatiable! Posted Image

• Like 3