Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

please continue your weather related discussions for Scotland here...

link to the previous thread...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79002-scotland-regional-weather-discussion-070114/page-44

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

I'll just leave these soft, impact-absorbent cushions around the place for all the head/desk interface there is just at present...

January.
Scotland.
Dreich.

Posted Image 

Where's that cushion??

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

I'll just leave these soft, impact-absorbent cushions around the place for all the head/desk interface there is just at present...

January.

Scotland.

Dreich.

Posted Image 

Where's that cushion??

You forgot December Dreich. Was it my immagination or did we have two months with exactly the same weather? I would settle for a bit of blue sky and sun now. I off to Tignes 22nd Feb weeks ski trip...I just want to see some blue sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Well yeah but… December is dreich sometimes. January is usually a bit more dependable. Y'know? December might go one way or the other, you never can be sure of a December… but January… well, normally you can trust January to be a bit wintry at least some of the time… 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Pretty crap up here too. Slightly sleety rain at little altitude is maybe a plus for some hardy folks who don't mind a gale with their ppn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well my earlier hopes of seeing the sun have been dashed as the cloud has rolled back in at it's just started raining lightly again.

Looking at the weather data for Dyce (http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3091.html) for the last 6 days for sunshine duration and we have the following entries...

21.01.2014 13:00:00 12 mins

23.01.2014 15:00:00 12 mins

24.01.2014 11:00:00  6 mins

That's it! A whole 30 minutes of sunshine in the last 6 days, on the normally brighter East Coast of Scotland too! It's no wonder we're all getting a little depressed. In fact give it another few minutes and that first entry will be gone from the total and it'll drop to an even more miserly 18 minutes.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I'm mowing my lawn again today.

I hope you are joking, my lawnmower would sink. In fact I'm scared to even let the dog out onto the back lawn for a pee without her being attached to a safety line just in case. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Well my earlier hopes of seeing the sun have been dashed as the cloud has rolled back in at it's just started raining lightly again. Looking at the weather data for Dyce (http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3091.html) for the last 6 days for sunshine duration and we have the following entries... 21.01.2014 13:00:00 12 mins23.01.2014 15:00:00 12 mins24.01.2014 11:00:00  6 mins That's it! A whole 30 minutes of sunshine in the last 6 days, on the normally brighter East Coast of Scotland too! It's no wonder we're all getting a little depressed. In fact give it another few minutes and that first entry will be gone from the total and it'll drop to an even more miserly 18 minutes.

Indeed Ravelin,its a case of the Eternal Autumn this year....Our local records show that the last 24 hour dry day was 16 th December....even then im not sure the station was working that day!!Scarily the models dont show much in the way of dry weather coming up

Posted

Check this out to illustrate the non descript winter:

Polmont Averages

Novemmber - 5.6c

December - 6.9c

January - 5.3c

Coldest temp -4c 22nd November

I can honestly never remember getting from November to end of Jan without one day of actual lying snow. Just incredible.

Posted

UKMO at +72 is poised for a big snow event on Friday - just look at those uppers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Likely to be a few showers around for eastern areas on Wednesday night into Thursday morning as well:

Posted ImagePosted Image

By Friday the less cold uppers push in from the south but the flow is just about southerly enough at surface level for a decent breakdown snowfall:

Posted ImagePosted Image

If the timing's right it could be quite decent, especially with colder uppers coming back in at us from the west behind the front:

Posted Image

I 'liked' this post but I'm away from Wed evening to Saturday morning so will just have to read about any fun on here LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I 'liked' this post but I'm away from Wed evening to Saturday morning so will just have to read about any fun on here LOL

Or 'winter', as it's now known:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Evening guys, I'm driving up to Aviemore this Saturday so I'll be following the Scottish weather very closely - Plenty more snow to come and the end of the week looks very interesting as a deep Atlantic low pushes in mixing with some colder air, possible blizzard conditions. Got my winter tyres fitted! Posted Image

Hopefully the Cairngorms railway & snow sports will be open, not looking to promising ATM as they've been deluged with snow and unable to operate. I really need a snow fix!

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 3

Posted

It appears that friday could posibly be interesting who knows? Much better than the naff we have now (after yesterday too)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

I know its a bit far away but what is the current estimated timing of the front arriving on Friday??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I know its a bit far away but what is the current estimated timing of the front arriving on Friday??

Between 13:24 and Posted Image  13:27, roughly.  I'm sure LS will give you a more acPosted Image curate time when he logsPosted Image (!) on at 01:16 Posted Image tomorrow morning.

WTF?  Graupel...!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Hellooooooo...................Hello, Hello, Hello  

Are the models that bad tonight Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Ummmm well not to great...talk of a Bartlett even

• Like 1

Posted

"Complex Setup" = nowt but mair pish n wind.

Posted Image

[edit] - Is Nathan Rao really Powell in disguise ?  With a zero % strike rate, you'd think he'd be looking for better sources...today it's 8inches of snow and -10 deg freeze.

Posted Image

Edited by GraemeB

Posted

Woo Hoo! Sleety pish on another damp, miserable morning!

Same here. Groundhog Day.
  • Like 1