Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted

No dog house here she sleeps at the end of the bed - even the cats come in tonight and he usually spends the night going through the rubbish sacks the night before bin day (he's well fed but enjoys rummaging for chicken carcasses etc) so it must be a bit nippy out there !!

good job he's there in MK then, as rummaging through rubbish sacks here in SE london he'd no doubt find the odd carcass :o

night night :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

it may well have been said already,but next winter lets not bother with a snow depth cup.

• Like 3

Posted

Ahem Mr.Jarvis, as our Snow Cup lawyer doesnt appear to be around (always the way when you need one!).

Can I please refer you to Rule 17, Sub-Section 2, Paragraph C, which states quite succinctly and without prevarication...........

"Oi mush, don't try it on, where 'avin none of that!"

Really feel that AS's grammar has rather let him down, whilst compiling the SDC rules, on behalf of Chris and myself, could well affect your fee Martyn. 

Nice try Thomas but no deal. Posted Image

I'll get my sou-wester, as it's lashing down here in Chislehurst.

Tom.

You rang?

Attributing that sort of Sarf London lingo to me may make me revisit my recent fee proposal

'Ave a bang on that!

AS

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all. Not looking to good for areas already flooded. Like most would like to see some snow but even a lengthy dry spell would raise spirits then the continued cycle of wet weather. Today I enjoyed the power company putting in new pipework in our street only to be told they would need to put a 2ft -2ft hole In my drive .To top it off my gas was shut off for the majority of the day, and when reconnected was given the good news that there's a leak between my gas meter to my cooker. As a safety issue it has been disconnected and I need to get someone in to replace the piping from the meter to my cooker. : (

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Just showing off JP, As the grass is greener on the other side "Literally"

it may well have been said already,but next winter lets not bother with a snow depth cup.

Next winter could be Perfect. Also a lot of work went in to compiling league tables.... We still have  a good 6 weeks left yet and a good chance to start them this week.Chin up snowwrye.......Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like a load of light rain, may be drizzle is heading up from France to my little corner now.

Maybe I should stop doing the lottery and then I will probably win. If setting up the snow depth cup changes the weather I think Tom we should call Dragons Den as we have a great business model, better than the GFS modelPosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Evening all. Not looking to good for areas already flooded. Like most would like to see some snow but even a lengthy dry spell would raise spirits then the continued cycle of wet weather. Today I enjoyed the power company putting in new pipework in our street only to be told they would need to put a 2ft -2ft hole In my drive .To top it off my gas was shut off for the majority of the day, and when reconnected was given the good news that there's a leak between my gas meter to my cooker. As a safety issue it has been disconnected and I need to get someone in to replace the piping from the meter to my cooker. : (

That's not great. Is your gas meter inside or outside the house, how would they be able to tell from putting in outside pipe work that a leak was in your kitchen? I have a carbon monoxide thingy inside my kitchen to moniter do you? Makes me wonder if the work they did outside caused the damage? I may be talking rubbish, just seems abit strange. Hope you get it sorted. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry. My neighbour is having an extension, she rocked up on the doorstep with her 'project manager' to ask if the water people could have access to the main sewage access in the garden to plug it whilst they moved the Drain currently living in her new extension (the architect hadn't factored this issue in the planning!) so far it has caused the elderly neighbour on the other side to lose both her gas supply for days and her phone supply (builders cut the phone line so they could build her roof extension) and when told by the phone supplier it would take some weeks to arrange a surveyor, they cut it accidentally on purpose. Don't let an vulnerable, elderly neighbour get in the way of your aspirations...shoddy really, and she asks me why I never invite her in for tea...... Edited by Alixzandra

Posted

heres friday and still january

Posted Image

do not like this chart

strong to gale force south west wind which later in day  will veer westerly

the problem above is the set up with the warm front first which is likely to chuck out some pretty heav rain

then followed by the cold front which as not too far behind could cause some very unstable air with it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

note the temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so keep our eye on this

torrential rain thunder even squall lines again

temps chilly then warm up very brief then chilly again

saturday

Posted Image

after fri pm fri nights weather

the wind saturday will switch back to a south westerly

will increase and could be strong as well

it will start dry

it will also feel cold

Posted Image

Posted Image

the fax has precipitation for late in the day showing

now the uppers could be pretty cold 500 and 850

so heavy showers or rain sleet snow thunder etc etc may be seen late pm - overnight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a breezy westerly flow

looks cold and mainly dry

however expect plenty of changes at this time span

144 ukmo looks like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so all in

looks wild

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This band of rain seems to just be pivoting right on top of us.

Wish it was snow instead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

That's not great. Is your gas meter inside or outside the house, how would they be able to tell from putting in outside pipe work that a leak was in your kitchen? I have a carbon monoxide thingy inside my kitchen to moniter do you? Makes me wonder if the work they did outside caused the damage? I may be talking rubbish, just seems abit strange. Hope you get it sorted. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry.My neighbour is having an extension, she rocked up on the doorstep with her 'project manager' to ask if the water people could have access to the main sewage access in the garden to plug it whilst they moved the Drain currently living in her new extension (the architect hadn't factored this issue in the planning!) so far it has caused the elderly neighbour on the other side to lose both her gas supply for days and her phone supply (builders cut the phone line so they could build her roof extension) and when told by the phone supplier it would take some weeks to arrange a surveyor, they cut it accidentally on purpose. Don't let an vulnerable,elderly neighbour get in the way of your aspirations...shoddy really, and she asks me why I never invite her in for tea......

May be it's just bad builders, I very much doubt she would have told them to cut the wire, I would like to hope not anyway. I think I feel sorry for her TBH, got a feeling she will have nothing but probs with her extension once finished.

Posted

That's not great. Is your gas meter inside or outside the house, how would they be able to tell from putting in outside pipe work that a leak was in your kitchen? I have a carbon monoxide thingy inside my kitchen to moniter do you? Makes me wonder if the work they did outside caused the damage? I may be talking rubbish, just seems abit strange. Hope you get it sorted. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry. My neighbour is having an extension, she rocked up on the doorstep with her 'project manager' to ask if the water people could have access to the main sewage access in the garden to plug it whilst they moved the Drain currently living in her new extension (the architect hadn't factored this issue in the planning!) so far it has caused the elderly neighbour on the other side to lose both her gas supply for days and her phone supply (builders cut the phone line so they could build her roof extension) and when told by the phone supplier it would take some weeks to arrange a surveyor, they cut it accidentally on purpose. Don't let an vulnerable, elderly neighbours get in the way of your aspirations...shoddy really, and she asks me why I never invite her in for tea......

. Hi they were doing outside work updating the pipes to everyone's has meters. Unfortunately mine is indoors and in order to push the new plastic piping on they needed to turn my supply off. When they reconnected it they had to check all appliances running on gas to make sure all was working well that's how the problem arose. My problem is my cooker is all gas.

Posted

Ahem Mr.Jarvis, as our Snow Cup lawyer doesnt appear to be around (always the way when you need one!).

Can I please refer you to Rule 17, Sub-Section 2, Paragraph C, which states quite succinctly and without prevarication...........

"Oi mush, don't try it on, where 'avin none of that!"

Really feel that AS's grammar has rather let him down, whilst compiling the SDC rules, on behalf of Chris and myself, could well affect your fee Martyn. 

Nice try Thomas but no deal. Posted Image

I'll get my sou-wester, as it's lashing down here in Chislehurst.

Tom.

You wanna be careful wiv that Martyn. And you warn yer mate CharltonKerry too. Ain't for no reason that he's tagged Barrister Abruzzi Spur Tootling (?) All Round Dartford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Has anyone read Mark Vogans recent statement about biggest snow threat is from Atlantic not East. I'm a complete novice - why is he saying this? Is he referring to the weather the US is currently experiencing as I thought it was always a myth that whatever our friends over the pond receive the UK experience the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Told hubby maybe snow in our are tomorrow but he said forecast he just heard said rain and didn't mention snow -  very confusing when the forecasts are so different.

Has anyone read Mark Vogans recent statement about biggest snow threat is from Atlantic not East. I'm a complete novice - why is he saying this? Is he referring to the weather the US is currently experiencing as I thought it was always a myth that whatever our friends over the pond receive the UK experience the same.

JP it''s over to you.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

. Hi, Jp will be able to advice you better, but I believe it's because of the deep cold coming off the Atlantic that this May happen , but doubt if it will reach far reaches of se.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

. Hi, Jp will be able to advice you better, but I believe it's because of the deep cold coming off the Atlantic that this May happen , but doubt if it will reach far reaches of se.

Thank you.

Posted

if you read my fax update the risk of anything wintry is wed night to thurs morning

how much etc watch the radar

the cold air from the nw is possible to give snow if the 500 uppers are low enough and 850 and 528 dam air or lower

however its not our best direction for snow

however this year i would not be surprised at anything at present

Edited by john pike
  • Like 7

Posted

hi isabelles

hope your well

looks like a good set up for us

but predicting snow is not easy

unless you have bitter cold air in already in place

however i will watch the radar from mid pm tomorrow

something would be nice :-)