South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

Haven't seen any forecasts that predict snow here tomorrow in fact forecasts on Netweather and TWO show nil per cent for this region - have I missed something a posts on here seem to suggest that we will have ?

I'm looking at the BBC weather app on my phone..showing heavy snow from 4 a.m for my location..I'm as surprised as you
  • Like 1
  • Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ukmo for tonight

Posted Image

Posted Image

these are wet due to troughs

now 500 uppers

Posted Image

Posted Image

and 850

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats where the snow forecasts are coming from

could get heavy for a time

who gets what?

hard to say but it could be a late one if you want to see it

or another way a very early one

current fax chart

Posted Image

watch them troughs

• Like 5

I dunno, I mean even if we did get snow (and even when it s forecast it often doesn't happen), the ground is too wet for it to lay, I think.

+1

Also, even if it did settle, as it warms up later in the morning/sunrise that snow will turn back to rain, washing anything that has settled down the drain! Posted Image

I think tonight may be a late one for me, don't want to miss the best chance of snow yet Posted Image

There's a cell over Wales which is moving East in our direction. It seems to be keeping it's intensity, but could fizzle out as it continues it's course. If it continues with it's intensity, there is a threat of thunder, lightning, hail and not ruling out a mini tornado Posted ImagePosted Image

The squall line showing up on the radar which is now crossing our region, looks to be the back edge of the warm sector, once this has passed through expect to see temps taking a tumble..

looks like it could also get interesting in the early hours, dare i say the SNOW word,ooopppss

Warnings for Tonight/Tomorrow..Take care all

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&regionName=se&fcTime=1390694400&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50

You'll need the deicer tomorrow. Don't leave your car unattended while defrosting the car

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

The squall line showing up on the radar which is now crossing our region, looks to be the back edge of the warm sector, once this has passed through expect to see temps taking a tumble..

looks like it could also get interesting in the early hours, dare i say the SNOW word,ooopppss

Yes since that squall line went through my temperature has fallen 1c, the next line of showers which Yamkin mentioned above is still heading this way and according to the radar looks to be holding together.  The showers over Ireland are showing as sleet.

I have absolutely no idea of the outcome in the Mod Thread.....

I have stopped looking in there and have been concentrating on the wonderful updates from our JP and the Met Office web site.

• Like 6

Hey guys Just got back from travelling Australia for 6months, certainly a lot hotter there! LolFirst time iv been on the forum this winter, where has winter been? Be good to see some wintry showers in the early hours

• Like 2

hi chris

heres why i am trying to stick with the fax charts for now

heres 120 gfs

Posted Image

now ukmo

Posted Image

and at 120 that low is still causing headaches

radar for tonight is the best tool now

• Like 4