Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted

Haha mild sleet :)

I never thought getting a 4x4 a couple months back would be good for driving through floods - I hoped it would be good for snow! I even watched some videos of crazy Russians playing with their cars in the snow to see if it would be any good before buying it!

• Like 1

Would be interested in what they were as regular posters here all know each other quite well and sometimes the 'offbeat' posts tell a bigger story and a persons views in an abstract way we have come to understand and respect more than you would think.

Jax, I must admit that I find that very strange thing to do and considering how this thread works, and I seem to think this happen late last year and caused a lot of upset. Hopefully we are not going down the model thread route!!!

• Like 4

Posted

Have been out for my 20 minute run slog around the streets, and its really cold rain (or is that mild sleet?) out there. Feel better after that, having WFH all day. Drank my wine before I went out. Not a good move - together with rain soaked, misted up specs I was lucky not to fall flat on my face

having worn specs most my life, i still think theres mileage in the endless fun poking about having windscreen wipers for glasses. i mean. even the tiniest of cctv cameras seem to have wiper blades fitted ....

Posted

JP I posted this earlier just wondering if you have

hi alexis

if you are on a main computer

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?ech=6&carte=1021

hover over the times on the left

you will see the high to our east retract slightly

then push the high away

it does attempt it again after

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Jax, I must admit that I find that very strange thing to do and considering how this thread works, and I seem to think this happen late last year and caused a lot of upset. Hopefully we are not going down the model thread route!!!

Indeed, a light touch is all moderation requires, to nudge in the direction required, if at all. IMHO, of course

• Like 2

Posted

having worn specs most my life, i still think theres mileage in the endless fun poking about having windscreen wipers for glasses. i mean. even the tiniest of cctv cameras seem to have wiper blades fitted ....

Fitting wipers - Now that would be great and the sort of stupid experiment I would get up to in the shed. I used to wear contacts when I rode my motorbike on my commute everyday, but I think falling flat on my face when out jogging is much more healthy than wearing contacts :D

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

JP I posted this earlier just wondering if you have any thought's on this?

Hi, hopefully can answer this.

Basically today's low sinking S/SE into France is taking this route due to trough disruption, i.e., Altantic trough which moved in this weekend disrupted into a cut off upper low sliding SE into Europe because of a block to the E/NE - the surface low following the upper low S/SE.

Friday's deepening low is also a product of another Atlantic upper trough moving SE out of Greenland, the low deepening on the forward side of the upper trough. But this time the upper trough doesn't disrupt rather moves SE then swings NE, because the block to our east has moved further away, so the deep low, which tends to follow the contour of the upper trough moves NE rather than SE.

Hope that makes sense, but basically surface lows tend to follow the upper flow, so on a 500mb/surface pressure chart, it follows the blues/purple colour contours which reperesent the 500mb geopotential height.

The block moving further away to the east in a nutshell why Friday/Sat low doesn't follow same route.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, Hope everyone well. Has been raining ALL Bleedin day and still going. However could be worse.....If your James Madden..You should see the stick that guy is getting on twitter, Cant post comments in here...Way to graphic. Funny thing is he is still stating Tonight,Snow for the weekend onwards and that all output is not picking up the correct signals.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

does anyone want me to do these tonight? Posted Image

Rain

there done :lol:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

My waterproofs burst their banks today!

Psuedo-winter can go royally do one from my perspective now, just give me slighty warmer and loads drier weather please!

• Like 2

Posted

Fitting wipers - Now that would be great and the sort of stupid experiment I would get up to in the shed. I used to wear contacts when I rode my motorbike on my commute everyday, but I think falling flat on my face when out jogging is much more healthy than wearing contacts Posted Image

yep. if i was allowed my old "proper" drawing board in the house i would probably be knocking up a design or two Posted Image

I might now be a systems engineer, network tech, and IT service engineer. but you can't take the old mech. eng. out of me Posted Image

Hope that makes sense, but basically surface lows tend to follow the upper flow, so on a 500mb/surface pressure chart, it follows the blues/purple colour contours which reperesent the 500mb geopotential height.

The block moving further away to the east in a nutshell why Friday/Sat low doesn't follow same route.

good man Nick! well explained. thanks Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening
Read that earlier, was a useful informative and clear explanation. Thanks I needed that!

Posted

yep. if i was allowed my old "proper" drawing board

A big A0 one? with lamp on an arm? I had one of those (if you did) they was proper days thems was.

• Like 2

Posted

still feeling lousy with cold/flu/chest infection. but walking dog in fresh air is ok if i take it slow. trouble is, walking slow just means we are out longer, and thus, getting soaked  more Posted Image

Hope you feel better soon, just looked out and it seems it is not raining right now.Very very cold now.

Wonder if we will get snow overnight? I know its unlikely.I won't look for it in the middle of the night deliberately like i did last time, i'll just see what's there tomorrow.If anything.

I'm very very tired tonight so i might turn in quite soon.

Posted

Lurg is doing the rounds here too :(

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

does anyone want me to do these tonight? Posted Image

Yes please.

Well there's no point in me doing them

• Like 4

Posted

Bit surprised to see that some posts have been deleted on this thread, I would have thought that we are not bad at self moderating and the ebb and flow, and range, on here is one of the things that makes it such a joy.

In case I'm wrong...

It's raining

AS

Yeah a couple weeks back for example there was not much weather talk at all in the SE thread for a couple days!

(Still raining here...10mm so far today)

• Like 2

Posted

yep. if i was allowed my old "proper" drawing board in the house i would probably be knocking up a design or two Posted Image

I might now be a systems engineer, network tech, and IT service engineer. but you can't take the old mech. eng. out of me Posted Image

I remember leaning over the A0 board too, in my yoof. I stayed in civils Posted Image

Edit: its probably raining

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 2