Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted

More wet stuff to be dragged up from the BoB:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Great Pics Coast!

Just out of interest, can you remember the synoptics that led to that? From memory, I don't recall any significant cold weather leading up to it and, although it was pre Netweather days, there didn't seem to be too much warning beforehand. May be wrong though.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Euro4 model suggests area of more persistent rain moving NW from France tomorrow PM across SE England and south central England perhaps turning to snow over higher ground, so could see some flakes up over the Chilterns in particular, as the cold easterly begins to kick in. Otherwise some snow flurries on Thursday coming in along North Sea coasts of E Anglia and Kent and maybe through Thames estuary - going to be a grey and raw day I think.

• Like 7

Posted

Just out of interest, can you remember the synoptics that led to that? From memory, I don't recall any significant cold weather leading up to it and, although it was pre Netweather days, there didn't seem to be too much warning beforehand. May be wrong though.

I think it snuk up on us:

Posted Image

Then on the day:

Posted Image

Posted

Euro4 model suggests area of more persistent rain moving NW from France tomorrow PM across SE England and south central England perhaps turning to snow over higher ground, so could see some flakes up over the Chilterns in particular, as the cold easterly begins to kick in. Otherwise some snow flurries on Thursday coming in along North Sea coasts of E Anglia and Kent and maybe through Thames estuary - going to be a grey and raw day I think.

I really hope so, this weather is soooooo boring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Bright, quite sunny (watery) and slightly chilly. In short.........boooooooooriiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!

Have a good day, all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mornin each. Bright, quite sunny (watery) and slightly chilly. In short.........boooooooooriiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!Have a good day, all.

Morning Grace and all,

Yes I'm chilly (and short) ......the weather is boring and I have post holiday blues, can't wait for the winter Olympics to start now so I can get a snow fix !

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Showers have skirted us for the last 18 hours, so slightly drier.

BBC weather graphics showing white stuff for higher parts of the region tomorrow, so maybe if you can make it, head to some higher elevations tomorrow? As Nick said earlier, the Chilterns could be the sweet spot... Not sure whether it'd be settling though - I suppose it depends on duration and intensity. :unsure:

• Like 3

Posted

Think we ought to quarantine the MOD thread.....

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Think we ought to quarantine the MOD thread.....

Posted Image

I haven't been there yet today. Is it quarrelsome? Posted Image

Posted

I haven't been there yet today. Is it quarrelsome? Posted Image

No just crestfallen Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

No just crestfallen Posted Image

Way too early to worry imho.

I must admit though, when I look in that thread, I find myself thinking it's no longer January, as people look way forward and then extrapolate for bad news (on the snow front) so you can think it's already Spring :doh:

We still have the best part of a month before long lasting snow becomes ever more unlikely. We still have a largish window for a proper cold snap. If it doesn't happen, then c'est la vie and I'll start to look forward to lengthening days and warmth ( and let's face it, most people like that a lot too :)

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all

Another fine post from Tamara in the MOD thread, just landed. As ever, a balanced and thoughtful contribution even if it says the polar (sorry) opposite of what cold fans might want to hear.

AS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Going into the MOD thread = a very despressed young man (thats me by the way).....

Ok so im not young...but still the rest is true lol.

I actually feel for Tom as he and others put all of the effort in on the depth cup and it would seem its all for nought. Maybe we can use it for winter 14/15 eh?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Ice for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Alert of Ice for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough & Suffolk

Wintry showers and falling temperatures are likely to lead to some icy surfaces late on Wednesday and during Thursday morning. Additionally, some areas may see slight falls of snow, most likely for eastern Scotland but also affecting parts of the Pennines, North York Moors and parts of East Wales.

The public should be aware of some rather slippery conditions to start Thursday.

Issued at:

1209 on Tue 28 Jan 2014

Valid from:

2100 on Wed 29 Jan 2014

Valid to:

1000 on Thu 30 Jan 2014

A short incursion of easterly winds brings just a taste of the wintry weather experienced further east and north across Europe recently. Ice is probably the main concern but a few areas might wake to see a dusting of snow. Rather more snow looks likely over the hillier areas of northeast Britain, with a few cm in places.

metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=A8719242-E9C6-E1D8-9416-D89C18955D12_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1390953600

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

IMO here we had a fantastic summer and also one of the best thunderstorms I can remember for a very long time, yet look at our winter so far, utter ****. But if we look back at how poor summers have been and a real lack of thunderstorms and we had some terrific snow events.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Still dry and fairly bright here.  I'm going to stay out of the MAD thread for the forceable now.  I never know if im coming or going, with so many conflicting posts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Whats the first thing I notice when stepping outside? Its mild, the air smells fresh and the roads are drying out despite this mornings rain. barely 3 nights of frost this year so far and I still have daisies in the garden.

Complaints? Mud and damp but thats it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lukey G scores again! Thunderstorms in London and some tasty stuff building in the channel Posted Image

lol the only lightening strike so far today in the SE anyway, was near you lol.

• Like 1