Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=317&y=151&run=18&runpara=0&col=1&type=1&ext=1

heres the gfs pressure ensembles

hahahahahahahahahhaha

winters over january

plllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I was just reading through the 'Winter Discussion 2013/2014" thread from back in October & November. Peoples hopes were so high in October, no one knew however that it would be one of the most mildest & wettest Winters on record. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Hi all been to busy to post going to take a look at the rainfall situation, I see there are warnings out for the downpours, hope to do a post on the rain in rainwatch later..

Many photos from the Saturday storm squall and I found one of a said large hail stone. Made an animation/effects image from the hail stone as looked very spooky sitting there on the table! and they didn't say the storms/m-tornadoes/clouds looked like they were something from a Spielberg movie for nothing! ..

(was only a quick effects/frames job if spent more time would have aliens popping out and stuff!!)

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?

The image here is (not) a cctv video of a (not) strange happening from a large hail stone..

X-file25012014:

post-11361-0-52843800-1390879606_thumb.g

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Was in south Wales this morning and saw a dusting of snow atop of the mountains, hope that's not the only snow I'll see this winter!Precip Weds night clearing south with low moving down to France may have some wintriness. Otherwise, chance of some snow flurries Thursday, blowing off the N Sea, mainly Essex, E London, N/E Kent. Dewpoints progged below freezing by then, so supportive of snow, but flow predominantly dry bar shallow layer above N Sea.

OnThurs at least what does fall would be real snow so I expect some easy dustings from the light stuff at least. if only some stronger instability more moisture/temps, saying that some years things have changed on the day/night with at least some light snow streamers forming!

Interesting week.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Morning al,, hope everyone is well. Now officially bored with the weather as it is the same as yesterday.

Working from home this morning then a nice drive into the heart of Kent. Have a good day.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning Charlton, you mentioned the weather once but I think you got away with it (Fawlty Towers or more appropriately today Watery Fowls). Wet and showery sums it up!

Think people are getting the hang of me now, I didn't even realised I mentioned the weather :-) oops done it again.To be fair its, now it got light it isn't the same as yesterday, it's actually a cloud free sky and looks a lovely day. But I think the problem was that I posted before it was light and I was fully awake.

Posted

Wet and showery sums it up!

Morning all from soggy Sussex and I can declare it is officially rubbish here today (not the bin collection type either).

A quick flick through the charts this morning and it's wet out until Friday when we get a few hours of respite until a wet Saturday and drier Sunday. I dare not go any deeper into them than that, as it's too depressing to contemplate that so far, Winter 2013/14 has failed to deliver anything seasonal and only a handful of days where the temps have hovered around freezing.

What's up with this crazy World? Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all. Not too bad a day here out west! Ground awfully soggy tho and wooden gate at home is so badly warped and swollen I have to karate chop it with my leg to open it!

Posted

Had to comfort my snow pangs watching The Jump last night. Lots of lovely lying snow (well it is Innsbruck!) and a lot falling on Davina and her guests to the point that they had to go back inside to carry on with the interviews.

Looks like a trip to the travel agents is on the cards Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

GFS and ECM both send the next low north which drops the high presure, not sure which way the meto will go, that has little depresion to the south west of the low which may drop south east and hold the block up.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

that has little depresion to the south west of the low which may drop south east 

I think there is already a little depression in the South East...... Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

Quite nice out there this morning. Im sure its not going to last looking at the radar.

Really had enough of this pattern now......

Posted

Still in place for today:

Yellow warning of Rain

post-6667-0-81282400-1390898821_thumb.jp

Issued at: 
1049 on Mon 27 Jan 2014

Valid from: 
2100 on Mon 27 Jan 2014

Valid to: 
2345 on Tue 28 Jan 2014

Frequent showers, some heavy, will bring a further 10-15 mm and locally up to 25 mm rain to parts of southern England later on Monday and into Tuesday. There is the risk of up to 40 mm of rain on the high ground of southwest England. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption due to localised flooding, especially where the ground is already saturated.

A very unsettled start to this week is expected as an area of low pressure moves slowly southwards across Britain to most likely be centred over the Irish Sea by the end of Tuesday. Bands of heavy showers forming on the southern flank of this area of low pressure will stream across much of southern England

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Sussex

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1390867200&regionName=se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

never thought id see myself typing this but roll on a decent spring and summer,had enough of this laughable excuse of a winter,its so wet on my local footy teams pitch that the north east shipbuilders are thinking of relocating,still the pod of dolphins are nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lot's of showers here, neigbour seems to have put some washing on the line for some reason lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. The sun has got its hat on at the moment here. Doubt it will last though.....

Posted

Incredibly dark here now, think something is about to come out of the sky.Doubt it will be snow though.

I'm watching Dinner Date.I know I'm very very sad.Nothing else to do though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Chin up folks!

Never mind last March, remember APRIL 2008 when we had several inches of snow right down to the coast so plenty of time yet before we call time on this winter.

I know the usual caveats apply that by then the strength of the sun means it doesn't hang around too long but I've personally never seen the attraction of weeks on end of snow. A couple of days to get out and enjoy it is perfectly acceptable in my book.

• Like 1

Posted

Never mind last March, remember APRIL 2008 when we had several inches of snow right down to the coast so plenty of time yet before we call time on this winter.

Oh yes!

• Like 3

Posted

Why do I look at the MAD thread?? Posted Image It makes me feel sad Posted Image

Anyway enough of this trench foot weather. Roll on summer....... If we get one Posted Image

Geri

• Like 1