Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Was down to 2 here an hour back and dew point of -1.5. So just maybe. heavy sleet earier too.

Katie

Posted

As for staying up to watch for snow ... I don't sleep well as I have my mother living with us and has needs that I attend during night time so if I chose to stay up a little longer to see a glimpse of snow and I get to see a flake or 2 I'm happy so I don't see it as wasting my time !

I thought it was part of this forums expected winter time activities lol. Shows real dedication, just hope you/we have something to see. I have a mum in law that needs almost constant attention so know how that goes although she is still in her house round the corner with people popping in all the time!!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Sorry Scrat, I don't, but in potted form it went like this: showers tonight, perhaps wintry, back to sleet then rain tomorrow in the south, rain around on Tues and Weds turning colder Thursday onwards but cloudy and mostly dry, chance of wintry flurries, about 5/6c, at the end the forecaster Nina Ridge said they were very confident the Atlantic was coming back after the end of the week but not quite sure when.

I still love your Ruskin quote by the way!

AS

Thanks so much AS :-).  Shame about the Atlantic really; would just love a brief 'snowy' spell.  Ruskin sums it up rather well I think...

Here is a weekly forecast from earlier today. Countryfile's was similar. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69782-weather-in-the-general-media-newspaper-features-etc/page-162#entry2908771

Thanks Steve :-)

• Like 2

Posted

chilly in Reigate, +2.3c, dewpoint +1.5c (both just risen by 0.1c) Not expecting anything more than at most a sprinkle of snow, and frankly I'd be surprised if we get anything this week that allows me to post a score on the snow depth cup charts.

Hope the various councils have kept their powder (ie grit/salt) dry for now!

AS

• Like 1

Posted

let me show you why i am not doing wednesday

todays fax evening

Posted Image

now this morning

Posted Image

note the new one has a secondary low appeared to our south east

if the second low goes slighly further north we could have an interesting day

but i will wait until tomorrow now

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

My interpretation of looking into the MAD thread. :D

*Actually,it`s the view from the cage i did a bungee jump from last year.*

post-17057-0-96737900-1390773266_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Hi PS

I remember saying to my old Dad that I loved being in Brighton or by the sea in winter when it was bleak and stormy, grey, sea merging with grey skies. he looked at me knowingly and said 'there speaks someone who hasn't lived in a seaside town all year round'. It's the same when we go to West Wales, I like to imagine that if I lived there all year I would love the wildness, which I would, but I think after a while at certain times the assault of the rain would get me down. However, it's not been that great down here this winter so hang on in there and you'll hopefully soon be able to describe big easterly skies and brooding snow showers as we gird our loins for another westerly assault

AS

Great post as always AS and you make a valid point but.........If i could, I would swop the dross of this outer London suburb for a bleak and stormy seaside town in a heartbeat, and I don't say that lightly. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

My interpretation of looking into the MAD thread. Posted Image

*Actually,it`s the view from the cage i did a bungee jump from last year.*

lol Think i would rather take my chances in the MAD thread....Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

hi steve

havent got one myself

but i assume there is some sort of mean taken into account there

also

gfs tonight at 156

Posted Image

Posted Image

again another poor chart for us Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted

Great post as always AS and you make a valid point but.........If i could, I would swop the dross of this outer London suburb for a bleak and stormy seaside town in a heartbeat, and I don't say that lightly. Posted Image

Hi BB, I really understand and I agree, in my West Wales example I think I would have my moments when I wanted to be away from the grey and the bleak, but the times when the sun breaks through a storm and lightens the sea, the switchback dark, light, dark of the windswept cloud-shadowed and sun-lifted hills, moments when crystal light fills every particle of the landscape, even the crevices of lichen-covered stones on the north face of ancient moorland, the sound of a storm rolling in, throwing its weight around then heading off with an 'I'll be back' swagger, the wave and wind-conjured ripples of sand on a low-tide estuary, hard under foot, filled and flattened as the tide's outriders push back in, curlew cries like death as small children hide in the dunes thrilling that they might be lost but, not liking the idea beyond a moment, wanting to be found again.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

So my weather station says 3.7'C at the moment but apparent temp is -0.1'C. How does it work that out? dew point and windchill?

Means the feel like temp. 

Posted

Means the feel like temp. 

Yeah I know but how does it work it out? Is there a standard formula?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

that lot in ireland looks a shade more organised

Indeed it does - I wonder if it'll make it to here? It's falling as sleet already :)

• Like 1

Posted

hi tom

its a look outside jobby when it gets here

the stuff incoming later looks more likely as should be heavier

however it all depends on how well they hold up on the cross towards us

• Like 1