Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Looking pretty grim for next few days Posted Image

Raining here and yet again leaking in the kitchen...am i highly fed up or what..thinks coffee not good enough anymore  Posted Image lol

http://estofex.org/

Please stay safe guys and away from seafronts at high tides, Like i have said before, lives are worth much much more then pictures.

Heading to the land of Posted ImagePosted Image

Take care all night..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just had a short sharp heavy burst which lasted about 5 mins as i'm right on southern tip of ppn but it rapidly turned from rain/sleet then wet snow before it cleared dropping temperature 2.5c so If only it was all south by just 15 miles Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

A surprise to see snow this evening and more surprising that it layed. Drove up onto the moor and saw a couple of cars stuck, was that you BOD?

I was stuck, but at the top of pork hill.... Would have thought you were the other side so perhaps not me you saw! Probably one of the fupid stuckers from Plymouth.... One can hope!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Flash and bang, we have Thunderstorms, nice surprise

• Like 9

Posted

Just taken a nearby hit as the building lights went off, good way to start the morning. Driveway gone white, with hail.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3

Posted

Got absolutely soaked earlier this morning. Took this looking west at about 7:40am, then got hit by hail and heavy rain that was coming in from the south-west. Cold too.

post-7340-0-82017900-1391505107_thumb.jp

Impressed with the Met, as this was forecast from Sunday afternoon. Location/direction wise, it looks spot on to me.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Flash and bang, we have Thunderstorms, nice surprise

Just taken a nearby hit as the building lights went off, good way to start the morning. Driveway gone white, with hail.

Yep - large crack of thunder and flash of lightning here too, unsurprisingly. I had to shut the window because rain was peeing through it but the sound meter still picked it up (just after 8:00) :lol:post-15177-0-48008900-1391513887_thumb.jIt got down to 0.9C this morning, now it's 9C and sunny, plenty of Cumulus about though. Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

It was a great morning to be out working in Westbury and watching many CBs pass by to the S/SE and also to the W/NW. I got extremely lucky to only get caught in 2 heavy showers while there were downpours nearby, particularly around 07.00 over Salisbury Plain.

One thing that days like today remind me is just how heavy it can rain out of an anvil when you can get drawn into thinking the shower is passing by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Encroaching veil of Cs at Godrevy this morning as the next system winds up. It was a tad breezy and cold.

quality photo Knocker, what a stormy looking seascape!

Posted

Well well well, I was looking forward to going to the sea front tomorrow to watch old mother nature (from a safe distance of course), but looks like I'll be stuck in a Maternity unit in Poole, as my wife is being induced, I asked if it could be put off until Thursday but apparently that comment is frowned upon.....Posted Image how selfish.

So stay safe everyone and enjoy the ride if you can.

No doubt I'll be posting in here for the foreseeable at 1am, 3am, 5am in the coming weeks.Posted Image

How bloody inconvenient and selfish?!! LOL

All the best bud!

Poole lifting bridge was struck this morning then? :)

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10984598.Poole_Bridge_stuck_open_after_lightning_strike_and_power_cuts_as_storms_roll_across_Dorset/?ref=var_6

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Well well well, I was looking forward to going to the sea front tomorrow to watch old mother nature (from a safe distance of course), but looks like I'll be stuck in a Maternity unit in Poole, as my wife is being induced, I asked if it could be put off until Thursday but apparently that comment is frowned upon.....Posted Image how selfish.

No doubt I'll be posting in here for the foreseeable at 1am, 3am, 5am in the coming weeks.Posted Image

congratulations feller :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Have you broached the subject of names with your wife?........I'm sure she'll be fine with "Storm"

• Like 1

Posted

Guessing game for our region then? I'm pretty sure I recorded a 969mb on my old WMR200 station 3 or 4 years ago but I won't use that as I cannot find the records for it, instead, I'll use my Vantage Vue record which was 974.67mb at 14:01, December 14th 2012 - I'm gonna go for 971mb here, somewhere around lunchtime tomorrow.

Amazing to think that for every 1mb decrease, the sea level rises 1cm.

Posted

Looking rather wet on the radar out to the west, just approaching Cornwall now... Just what we need isn't it, some rain.....

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Late morning shower. Now Sunny  and cloudy. 7.3c Humidity 77%.