Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

The problem I see now for North somerset the wind has veered just a bit too much towards the NW keeping most showery activity away now over Devon and Cornwall and away from the Severn estuary. We in this part of the region need to see winds back a bit towards the West which is likely overnight but we may have to wait until after midnight to see anything much in the way of showers here from now on. Might be and hope I'm wrong but looking at the radar that's how i see it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Kate says no, so that's two 0 for IMBY and 2 ELSEWHERE predictions.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Heavy precipitation over Gloucester is heading westwards towards my location, but weakening in intensity. Temperature 5C. Can't see it falling as snow, but will report either way shortly.

You may be slightly too far north for that shower. Looking at the trajectory of the precipitation, the heaviest burst could be in Berkshire and north Hampshire. After that it will continue into Surrey and points south-east. Hope it retains good intensity. We should know in the next hour and a half. Plenty more showers for all of us through the night I hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Snow Princetown think the level is around 250 metres as rain and hail here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes for quite a few, 100% no for me.

Mapantz makes it a 3-0 defeat for the NIMBYs thus far.

Posted

Alex and Daisy both predicting no snow in their back yards so that's 5-0 in favour of elsewhere. A few have been pleasantly surprised already so good to our pessimism being overruled. I didn't state the rules but I guess most are thinking of lying snow, so I guess we'll stick with that. Most of us should perhaps see some snowflakes though I hope.

Posted

6-0 in favour now of snow everywhere aside from the top of their house. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The problem I see now for North somerset the wind has veered just a bit too much towards the NW keeping most showery activity away now over Devon and Cornwall and away from the Severn estuary. We in this part of the region need to see winds back a bit towards the West which is likely overnight but we may have to wait until after midnight to see anything much in the way of showers here from now on. Might be and hope I'm wrong but looking at the radar that's how i see it.

I got to agree with you here. The latest EURO4 output overnight tonight highlights the "dry gap" you reference above;post-12721-0-79366600-1390759027_thumb.jWith the wintry showers for the Mendips southwards, swinging north east towards the Chilterns though.Dartmoor towards Salisbury plain continuing to be the sweet spot.However, we all know how difficult it is to forecast shower distribution on a microscale basis though, so nowhere can be eliminated for sure.Those who do see something, make sure you get some photos. The way this winter is playing out, it may be your lot! lol. Edited by AWD
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

I've got a pony says it won't snow where I am tonight. But I shall enjoy reading others' reports tonight.

I agree with the pony - none here (soon to be tested); yes elsewhere.

You may be slightly too far north for that shower. Looking at the trajectory of the precipitation, the heaviest burst could be in Berkshire and north Hampshire. After that it will continue into Surrey and points south-east. Hope it retains good intensity. We should know in the next hour and a half. Plenty more showers for all of us through the night I hope.

Gloucester is further north than here, so it is looming large now.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

2pm start tomorrow means I can spend most of the night lamp post watching Posted Image

I will have to resort to flicking the halogen on with every shower, darn council, although I fear I may be wasting my time imby

to confirm, thats a NO IMBY gtltw

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Further to Gibby's post from earlier, I think we should concentrating our hopes on the overnight period, particularly when you view the latest Fax Chart and its associated placement of Fronts. Then again, something could pop up in the unstable flow at any point I guess. Posted Image

Posted

Karlos and The Enforcer making 8-0 to those in favour of no snow on their roof. The analysis from this experiment might well be a bit suspect because everywhere else which is literally "everywhere elsePosted Image" is doing forecast to see dumpings of snow right now. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

I will have to resort to flicking the halogen on with every shower, darn council, although I fear I may be wasting my time imby

to confirm, thats a NO IMBY gtltw

Got the same problem here, with the streetlights, can't see diddly squat during the night. Mind you not expecting nowt so the plan is to sleep through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Current reported snowfall;

post-12721-0-78008300-1390759605_thumb.j

Good little source - http://uksnowmap.com - if you want to find out the latest on where the snow is falling.

• Like 4

Posted

When's the latest fax chart out. Ian f did tweet latest charts look snowier for our region I think!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Current temp 3.5c dew point 2.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

Temperature dropped to 3.4C - rain.

• Like 1