Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

The wind is shaking the house here (Exeter) and I am struggling to open the back door! Not that I should, since every time I do I get sprayed with a bucket's worth of rainwater!

• Like 1

Posted

PlymouthGale warnings - Issued: 1546 UTC Tue 04 Feb

Storm force 10 veering southwesterly soon

Shipping Forecast - Issued: 1625 UTC Tue 04 Feb

WindSouth veering southwest, gale 8 to storm 10.Sea StateHigh or very high, becoming phenomenal for a time.WeatherRain or squally showers.VisibilityModerate or poor.  Think Phenomenal is over 10 metres very rare they put that

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For the record, based on my analysis of things, the snow risk does indeed go up by the time we reach the early stages of FI which is after the three named storms (todays, Thursday, Saturdays) have passed. This risk concurs with the late weekend and early part of next week period in particular. The 850s and precipitation spikes on the GEFS ensembles suggest a recurrence of a similar pattern with the showery outbreaks the ones likely to produce a risk of snow at times. No more no less right now, just some risk and never looking like a long lasting signal right now. Before then, a mix of wintry bursts such as sleet, hail, thunder and lightning alongside more prolonged deluges of rain and strong winds, I'm afraid. My post from earlier still remains the broader outlook IMHO. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79220-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-26114-12z/?p=2917245

and

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79215-model-output-discussion-25th-jan-onwards/?p=2917407

The weather will making the headlines all the more in the coming days, you can be sure of that! Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

becoming phenomenal for a time.

Wow! And here I am scaring myself about solar storms Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Raining here but still just a bit gusty - SSE 33mph, highest gust so far 35.8. 998mb and falling.

• Like 1

Posted

Good lord where did this wind come from? I missed this being forecast LOL. Nearly ripped me door orf. Can hear the rain and wind over the baby monitor ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: after the last year not rain rain & more rain!

Don't know about anyone else, but its about as windy as its been all winter here in Torbay. Wind really roaring around the house, funny how late in autumn 2013 ( some will say we are still there!) we had warnings of storms. These were all over the media, now flooding, no trains running between Newton abbot and Exeter because the tracks have been undermined does not even seem newsworthy. Just me i know, but I would rather not make it to work because of winter weather ! I know deep down that this is winter but I have really missed calm still frosty, dry, mornings walking the dog. Lament over, stay safe.

Oh, and thanks to all who post here and the forcast thread. MB.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I love where I live but during stormy weather it gets a bit scary being the only house stuck in the middle of a field.  Windows are leaking again. 5.2c averaging 30mph windspeed, gusting 40+mph.  Feels stronger at times though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Chaos in Cornwall tonight. Lots of travel issues. Fall trees, some brief power cuts near here too, flooding. Lightning keeps flickering every now and then.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Aerial blown off of roof- the wind is roaring and road between Taunton an d Wellington is becoming or is flooded -large branches and debris everywhere .

Need to buy a weather Station - blowng a gale isn't cutting it ! aNYONE NEAR TAUNTON /WELLINGTON  have any stats for wind speed etc ??

Huge rumbleof thunder I believe ...............or the wind stepping up a notch

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm at tower park at the moment. I popped out for a smoke, heavy drizzly rain but didn't seem that windy? perhaps I'm missing it? I'll wait until I get back to w'ham..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Wheelie bin is on the move, very gusty out there, I would say this is one of the stronger storms this winter, surprised we still have power!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm at tower park at the moment. I popped out for a smoke, heavy drizzly rain but didn't seem that windy? perhaps I'm missing it? I'll wait until I get back to w'ham..

Very windy in Upton, Poole only down the road from Tower Park, although we seemed to have a lull for 15 mins or so, kicking back up again now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Getting pretty violent out there.

• Like 2

Posted

Was just saying to Mr Loo that princess Tbags was doing well to sleep through this and then she was at the door. Currently I would not expect her to sleep through this, she has lose bed reading excuse

• Like 1

Posted

JUst down the road, yah couda dropped in for a cuppa, sorry no beerPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I picked a bad time to visit the laundry room.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Watching the film 'Signs' on TV whilst the wind roars across our chimney. Might get a nappy.

But seriously stay safe all. I know for others it will be a sleepless night :(

Edited by Chris K

Posted

Aerial blown off of roof- the wind is roaring and road between Taunton an d Wellington is becoming or is flooded -large branches and debris everywhere . Need to buy a weather Station - blowng a gale isn't cutting it ! aNYONE NEAR TAUNTON /WELLINGTON  have any stats for wind speed etc ??  Huge rumbleof thunder I believe ...............or the wind stepping up a notch

Flooded again?! As in the one by the garden centre? Unfortunately I don't have a weather station either, but take a look on weather underground or xc weather, might give you an idea! Re thunder, I haven't heard any! Although I have been sitting with headphones in.... Then again someone else in the house would have heard it but no ones said anything - assuming its just the wind!