Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those that may not have seen it, there is a dedicated storms thread and this latest posting informs us just how serious the forthcoming spell could become.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79252-atlantic-storms-february-2014/?p=2917230

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

How bloody inconvenient and selfish?!! LOL

All the best bud!

Poole lifting bridge was struck this morning then? Posted Image

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10984598.Poole_Bridge_stuck_open_after_lightning_strike_and_power_cuts_as_storms_roll_across_Dorset/?ref=var_6

Yes complete mayhem, as they have shut the blandford road due to a sewerage leak, so the only way out of Hamworthy is over Poole bridge(s)

Have you broached the subject of names with your wife?........I'm sure she'll be fine with "Storm"

That's going on the list Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Well well well, I was looking forward to going to the sea front tomorrow to watch old mother nature (from a safe distance of course), but looks like I'll be stuck in a Maternity unit in Poole, as my wife is being induced, I asked if it could be put off until Thursday but apparently that comment is frowned upon.....Posted Image how selfish.

So stay safe everyone and enjoy the ride if you can.

No doubt I'll be posting in here for the foreseeable at 1am, 3am, 5am in the coming weeks.Posted Image

Best of luck tomorrow .....

You will see more weather than you thought for a few years ahead when the baby comes. Posted Image  Sleepless nightsPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Yes complete mayhem, as they have shut the blandford road due to a sewerage leak, so the only way out of Hamworthy is over Poole bridge(s)

That's going on the list Posted Image

I responded to a post by Seaweed earlier who was asking about storm naming. This is done by the Free University of Berlin and the current one is "PETRA", the second "QUMAIRA" and the Saturday one is likely to be "RUTH".

You have some possibilities. Cherish your moments and enjoy

Posted

Starting to rev up around these parts too - lights flickering intermittently. Miraculously my rain gauge has spluttered back into life so might get some idea of rainfall for the first time this winter!

Will be interesting to see what the beach looks like tomorrow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

VIOLENT here and even just seen a flash of lightning!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I responded to a post by Seaweed earlier who was asking about storm naming. This is done by the Free University of Berlin and the current one is "PETRA", the second "QUMAIRA" and the Saturday one is likely to be "RUTH".

You have some possibilities. Cherish your moments and enjoy

The fact that they have already named them suggests to me, well I don't want to scaremonger but HOLY ****. Make the most of any sunshine you might see over the coming days as there will be plenty of gloom and perhaps some February weather records and in fact long-term Winter records will start to become under threat over the coming days. These not being due to snow obviously.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

I have attempted a brief summary of what is upcoming as shown below, There are some particularly descriptive posts in there right now, do have a look at the last few, here's mine linked below. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79215-model-output-discussion-25th-jan-onwards/?p=2917407

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Seems to be a hint of snow for end of the week into next... Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

It must be. It's blown you sideways. Posted Image

lol. Can't get it to go the right way,driving mePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image Posted Image

There is always some hope with this current weather pattern sending lows towards us alongside the Jet diving ever Southwards but let's not disturb the weather gods right now because the only thing we haven't go is that particular element.

lol. Can't get it to go the right way,driving mePosted Image

Copy image into something like Ms Paint, rotate 90 degrees and resave and upload again. I think that should work. Posted Image

Posted

Seriously wild out there. Wind and rain lashing down. Even the doors inside keep moving. Been searching out torches and candles just in case the electric goes off

• Like 2

Posted

Weather station back home just recorded 50mph, that's higher than anything in December and was beaten only by the 6th January, when a heavy shower gave a surprise 51mph gust when I was out (which is my record high since getting the station in 2007, at least for now..)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Evening All ....

Does anyone know if it is possible to change Kmh to Mph on a weather station.  Topped 106 kmh in a squall line last weekend so wondering what that was in mph. 

Posted

This is  new. Flying christmas trees at Porthtowan

Just to explain that. The council planted old xmas trees to stabalize the beach much to the outrage of the locals. The wind has uprooted many and they are now touring the town. Joking aside of course this is quite dangerous. Another fine mess you've got me into Ollie.

• Like 4

Posted

Certainly no mention whatsoever by Ian just now on forecast.

Rain, rain, wind, wind and more rain....right up to Saturday. No hint at all in his forecast of any snow, even in shower form.