Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Dogs, Polar Bears, wine and beer aside Posted Image , I'm off soon darn tired and want to get stuff done early again tomorrow, so here's a good post covering next week's shenanigans, I'm sure you'll agree.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79252-atlantic-storms-february-2014/?p=2915561

And no PB, I didn't notice it unfortunately but there was a flash (lightning strike my dear) down Eastbourne way, so it may have that.

Have a good rest of the night, chaps and chapesses.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Night GTLTW ... Am off too to bed shattered also! Although someone is now letting off fireworks.. Gawd sake.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Overcast. some light rain .6.0c. Gusting to 20.2 km/h. 3.9mm precipitation..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

O'rly

Post# 137

Posted ImagePosted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79252-atlantic-storms-february-2014/page-7#entry2915783

Reminder to myself..never move to a coastal are again that is 3 minute walk to the beach..What was i thinking..sun, sea, and sand at first..now its flooding, erosion, cliff falls, paths disappearing, roads sinking, hundreds of pots holes you could take a bath in Posted Image

Oh and on a good note the sun is out and it is quite pleasant outside

PS... my dog did not move from my pillow until 3am this morning, i had to sleep on other side of the bed Posted Image

Have a good day all and stay safe in bad weather

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Scattered Cloud . Sunshine.   5.7c.

Posted

A lovely sunny day here and looks to be no rain now for a couple of days, will make the most of it.

We had a couple of brief hail showers yesterday at 10am and 1pm, about pea size and a quick white covering.

Had a total rain of 183.6 mm for January and 5 mm yesterday.

Edited by lettice

Posted

The METO  have the low at midnight Weds. over Macgillicuddy's Reeks around 952mb which bodes ill for the SW with gusts 80mph + very much on the cards. A fair bit of rain as well.

Quite balmy today.

1/8 of small Cu with a temp of 7C and a light westerly.

Posted Image

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I was under the impression that this weekend wasn't going to be special but it has turned out really good. It was breezy yesterday evening but other than that, it was spot on!

I was expecting the quay to flood last night (high tide around 11pm) and it didn't even top the banks, very strange considering the warnings from The EA and MO.

Currently 10C and sunny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Heat, Snow, Gales

Hi guys, just a quick update on the WestonWeather website. After finally establishing the website and setting up the weather station, and the Stevenson Screen, it was time to give the fairly minimalistic website look a make over. So here is the final result. It displays much more weather data on one page, in a nice user friendly interface. Hope you like, feel free to comment. www.westonweather.co.uk

For us in the south and west, it really does show the extreme rainfall we received during January. Of course with much more weather action most likely to take place this coming week, stay tuned to whats going on through our new look WestonWeather website. 

Edited by lostobsessed
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well the fact that there is only a yellow warning of rain for Tuesday into Wednesday tells me that wind wise its not going to be anything noteworthy.

This going by the fact that there was a yellow warning of wind for us yesterday yet there were only 25-35mph gusts.

Anyway its much improved today weather wise with good sunny spells and light to gentle winds.

Posted

Quick check of the calendar.

Nope it's not March, it is still February, but so spring like. Bluebottles resting on the wall and warming themselves. Dorset widow spiders running around like crazy in the garage, blackbird nesting in the ivy hedgerow.

Feels like it's gonna be a long spring.

• Like 3

Posted

Quick check of the calendar.Nope it's not March, it is still February, but so spring like. Bluebottles resting on the wall and warming themselves. Dorset widow spiders running around like crazy in the garage, blackbird nesting in the ivy hedgerow.Feels like it's gonna be a long spring.

Yep I agree. There's something about today that feels a lot different, obviously drier :lol: but I think it maybe the sun being a tad higher in the sky making it feel rather nice.I've just seen a few showers heading this way on the radar, bum!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Yep I agree. There's something about today that feels a lot different, obviously drier :lol: but I think it maybe the sun being a tad higher in the sky making it feel rather nice.I've just seen a few showers heading this way on the radar, bum!

yep I concur there is definitely a warmth in the air and it is so lovely out there just like spring. Washing drying nicely so am very pleased. A few more of these please weather god... And for all.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Quick check of the calendar.

Nope it's not March, it is still February, but so spring like. Bluebottles resting on the wall and warming themselves. Dorset widow spiders running around like crazy in the garage, blackbird nesting in the ivy hedgerow.

Feels like it's gonna be a long spring.

Posted Image Posted Image

I would like to see winter Posted Image first  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, any extreme.

Hi guys, just a quick update on the WestonWeather website. After finally establishing the website and setting up the weather station, and the Stevenson Screen, it was time to give the fairly minimalistic website look a make over. So here is the final result. It displays much more weather data on one page, in a nice user friendly interface. Hope you like, feel free to comment. www.westonweather.co.uk . Great site mate. I've bookmarked it. Well done.  For us in the south and west, it really does show the extreme rainfall we received during January. Of course with much more weather action most likely to take place this coming week, stay tuned to whats going on through our new look WestonWeather website.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, any extreme.

Hi guys, just a quick update on the WestonWeather website. After finally establishing the website and setting up the weather station, and the Stevenson Screen, it was time to give the fairly minimalistic website look a make over. So here is the final result. It displays much more weather data on one page, in a nice user friendly interface. Hope you like, feel free to comment. www.westonweather.co.uk . Great site mate. I've bookmarked it. Well done.  For us in the south and west, it really does show the extreme rainfall we received during January. Of course with much more weather action most likely to take place this coming week, stay tuned to whats going on through our new look WestonWeather website.

I'm on the iPhone not the best format to reply here but like I said great site mate and I've booked it for future reference. Well done.

Posted

Well the fact that there is only a yellow warning of rain for Tuesday into Wednesday tells me that wind wise its not going to be anything noteworthy. This going by the fact that there was a yellow warning of wind for us yesterday yet there were only 25-35mph gusts. Anyway its much improved today weather wise with good sunny spells and light to gentle winds.

I think it's only yellow because it's still a couple of days out, we're being forecasted gusts of 59mph - higher than the forecasted ones for St Jude, so I'm assuming that's why!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Today is Candlemas Day and folklore suggests "if its fair and bright winter will have another fight". For the uninitiated Candlemas Day is the Christian commemoration of the presentation of Jesus in the Temple at Jerusalem and the purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary as ordained in the Jewish Law (Torah) by Yahweh the God of Israel in Leviticus 12.

It is known in the States as Groundhog Day and Punxsutawney Phil has indeed popped out of his burrow this Sunday morning, predicting six more weeks of Winter - ie. rain and gales!

http://www.usatoday....y-phil/5101379/

Today we are halfway between the Winter Solstice and the Vernal Equinox ie. Midwinter. It also coincides with Imbolic the ancient Pagan Festival.

If Candlemas Day be fair and bright
Winter will have another fight.
If Candlemas Day brings cloud and rain,
Winter won't come again.

If Candlemas Day be dry and fair,
The half o the winter's to come and mair;
If Candlemas Day be wet and foul,
The half o the winter's gane at Yule.

• Like 4

Posted

If Mapantz has a shower, the rest of winter will be sour,

If the day is bright and sunny, spring will end up being crummy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I think it's only yellow because it's still a couple of days out, we're being forecasted gusts of 59mph - higher than the forecasted ones for St Jude, so I'm assuming that's why!

I don't think thats right.

St Jude had predicted gusts of up to 80mph and there were many gusts recorded between 55-75mph across even inland areas here.

Even I got a 58mph gust on the house which I have never seen before. It was probably and will remain the strongest storm we have had since the January 2007 one.

Posted

I don't think thats right. St Jude had predicted gusts of up to 80mph and there were many gusts recorded between 55-75mph across even inland areas here. Even I got a 58mph gust on the house which I have never seen before. It was probably and will remain the strongest storm we have had since the January 2007 one.

Sorry, I should have made it clear, I was talking IMBY... The gusts were downgraded a lot for me in the run up and the highest forecasted ended up being around 50mph! So for me personally, this looks stronger (wind wise) than St Jude, but I appreciate for others i.e you, it may be different! :) my bad!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's (daytime) forecast wind gusts from the GFS;

post-12721-0-76403800-1391375514_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had an incredible day in Cornwall today exploring the North Coast! Was sunny and mild actually. Warm in the sun out of the wind. Really nice day. Got to see the storm surge at Perranporth this evening too. Nothing too bad as the winds were light but waves were starting to overtop the wall a bit with nearby properties sandbagged and floodgates up. Quite surreal, especially seeing the incoming stream overwhelmed and then flowing backwards whilst the tide came in!!!

Will be interesting here on Tuesday evening with 70-90mph gusts looking possible. This time it could be very bad here as the winds will be SSE/SE which leaves Falmouth VERY Exposed.