Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

MMM currently experiencing a very heavy shower with some hail mixed in for good measure  here, on a lovely blustery wind, ...........no trace of the beautiful sunshine we had this morning .

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yesterday's total, to 09.00 today, was 24mm, taking the January total to 287.5 and 26 rain days. 

So far today, lots of sunshine, blustery winds and a couple of light showers.  Even managed to get some ashing dry outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

This winter has been truly exhausting in the relentless quest for a decent snow event however is there a sniff of a chance Friday for heavy snow? Will change I know but something to watch maybe.. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

This winter has been truly exhausting in the relentless quest for a decent snow event however is there a sniff of a chance Friday for heavy snow? Will change I know but something to watch maybe.. Posted Image

It is largely a cool to average week in terms of Temperatures and once again, the coldest weather will come in from off the Atlantic, some snow risk I guess in showery bursts but the usual caveats apply.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well what a gorgeous morning and have managed to get my washing dry in all that lovely sun and wind.. Perfect. Missed a few of those devil showers too on the radar . I fear though this won't be the same this eve with rain moving in? Oh and if you ever want to check out the south coast go to this webcam. Love it. Better first thing in the morn on a clearer day like today.. Listen to those seagulls! Best webcam ever. http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud with sunshine .Showers at times. Gusty.  5.3c..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

FYI. Some brief words on the forthcoming week, courtesy of the MAD thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79215-model-output-discussion-25th-jan-onwards/?p=2915374

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

really raw feeling day, with a stiff wind. Not many in the way of showers though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hope the 12z GFS verifies for friday....copious snowfall for my neck of the woods

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Sat on PC minding my own business with earphones in listening to music...my dog comes running into the dining room with tail between her legs...just had a huge hail storm lashing at the lounge window

Dog under table and wont come out.. awwwwwwww

Posted

Sat on PC minding my own business with earphones in listening to music...my dog comes running into the dining room with tail between her legs...just had a huge hail storm lashing at the lounge window

Dog under table and wont come out.. awwwwwwww

Shows nicely on radar

Posted

Aww my dog run upstairs and sat on my pillow now...bless her, not even a chew bone is enticing her downstairs...get the chocolate out..that will do it  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Aww my dog run upstairs and sat on my pillow now...bless her, not even a chew bone is enticing her downstairs...get the chocolate out..that will do it  Posted Image

chocolate is poisonous

for dogs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ROFL, just like it was today in some places in the areaPosted Image

was it?...don't think so, just a few wintry showers......which is exactly what happened over night and into this morning

Posted

chocolate is poisonous

for dogs

NoNo the dog chocolate..and that didn't even work, not even saying Walkies lol, and it not raining now but she not budging from my pillow  Posted Image Least it will be warm when i get to bed..who needs hotwater bottles..just hailstorm and dog on pillow scared

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

NoNo the dog chocolate..and that didn't even work, not even saying Walkies lol, and it not raining now but she not budging from my pillow  Posted Image Least it will be warm when i get to bed..who needs hotwater bottles..just hailstorm and dog on pillow scared

Hi There,

I have two dogs and they sleep in the hallway, one of them does not stir at the worst of the weather, and the new one hates all loud noises, as I found out last night when we had one hell of the hail storm at 5.15 am  she came up the stairs and was wining at the bedroom door.  Hubby would not have been amused if I let her on the bed. She went back down to her bed after a few mins. So very interested that your dog does not like the hail storms either.

Posted

Ooh just had a thunderstorm within close range alert... Wonder which one on the radar that would be then? .... Brain a little fuzzy to work it out as found an up opened bottle if mulled wine.;)

• Like 1

Posted

Hey anyone on this thread? Take a look at the radar to the west of Newbury. That little system has a rather defined circular intensity in the centre of it all... Or is it just me?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hey anyone on this thread? Take a look at the radar to the west of Newbury. That little system has a rather defined circular intensity in the centre of it all... Or is it just me?

I can't make anything out, what's your post code and what time were you looking at the radar?

post-15177-0-59906100-1391285122_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Had a gorgeouse dog back in the 80s ,one night in july it came into our bedroom wining ,it went to sleep at foot of bed ,at 5.30am all hell broke loose massive thund storm 38mm rain in 2 hrs dogs are so alert to severe weather ,much quieter day today than expected ,but wind now  getting up .looks like a showery spell between 2am and 10am ,wednesday and next friday days to watch ,after mondays rain .Posted Image

Posted

I can't make anything out, what's your post code and what time were you looking at the radar?

Posted Imageviewimage (9).png

Rg14 and it was just before 8pm...I was sure there was something but I am on iPhone ....