Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

Think we are too far down west to see any white stuff... fingers crossed just a little..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oooh convection for western england at the moment getting going, could be one of those nights, further east and i will be waiting... It seems ages since it last snowed.. I'm aging..  post-15543-0-06812200-1390769828_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Kansas,Missouri,USA from Gloucester UK Viking country

I do mate, was a really good event lol! Would be nice if one set up tonight!

You have took me back to memory road...what a day,evening that was on here...good times jBest a look folks for your snow event Edited by pat lightning timmer
  • Like 1

Posted

Think we are too far down west to see any white stuff... fingers crossed just a little..

Don't give up hope just yet... Showers are always hard to forecast where they will track and will commonly change trajectory often, gonna be a radar job! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

do u remember the December 2009 bristol streamer?

fromey

Lovely night that was, kept building and building only affected a real small area of west country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Its been snowing steadily now for a while. Got a bit of a covering on the roofs and grass. However, one sure sign that the snow has arrived is the pointless wastes of oxygen that come up from Plymouth in their cars, where the stereo is probably worth more than the car itself, doing donuts in the car park opposite my house! Plebs....

anyway, nice to see some snow!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor
  • Like 7

Posted

You have took me back to memory road...what a day,evening that was on here...good times jBest a look folks for your snow event

Hi there!Remember your input a couple of years ago under a 'different name', so to speak.Hope you're well, sir!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

my temp and dew point are rising again now , not what i want to see .

Posted

my temp and dew point are rising again now , not what i want to see .

Similar here, though just temperature upto 1.8c from 1.3c. But dewpoint now below freezing so well in luck, just need precipitation to come my way! 

Posted

Hi there!Remember your input a couple of years ago under a 'different name', so to speak.Hope you're well, sir!

good time mate yes..lolol...We beat the east in the end..lololololol....May the snow gods shine on the southern and western folk....win this year!!!!Sorry mods....just remembering some good awesome days on here..:-) :-) :-)
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Its been snowing steadily now for a while. Got a bit of a covering on the roofs and grass. However, one sure sign that the snow has arrived is the pointless wastes of oxygen that come up from Plymouth in their cars, where the stereo is probably worth more than the car itself, doing donuts in the car park opposite my house! Plebs....anyway, nice to see some snow!

Same ones who speed through dousland!

Well it has snowed here to, not like your way but a heavy shower about an hour ago started as rain and then had about 2 minutes of snow (a bit wet) then back to sleet then rain. Thats enough to make it a snow day though!  Lots on the radar coming in could be a great night for you but just novelty factor down here but I'm not complaining, its great to see.

• Like 1

Posted

Its been snowing steadily now for a while. Got a bit of a covering on the roofs and grass. However, one sure sign that the snow has arrived is the pointless wastes of oxygen that come up from Plymouth in their cars, where the stereo is probably worth more than the car itself, doing donuts in the car park opposite my house! Plebs....

anyway, nice to see some snow!

Any photo's Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

some nice big wet flakes falling now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nothing of any note here yet.

A decent cluster has developed over the Bristol channel heading for the Mendips though.

Posted

Same ones who speed through dousland! Well it has snowed here to, not like your way but a heavy shower about an hour ago started as rain and then had about 2 minutes of snow (a bit wet) then back to sleet then rain. Thats enough to make it a snow day though!  Lots on the radar coming in could be a great night for you but just novelty factor down here but I'm not complaining, its great to see.

I would imagine it is the same ones, the law is here now so funny enough, they have gone! Stopped snowing now.... Hopefully will get some more in the night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Can make out some very very wet flakes amongst rain

Posted

Any photo's Posted Image

Not yet, will probably get some if and when it gets a bit more significant. Although we have a covering, its not worthy of photos!
  • Like 2

Posted

Quick question folks, for those who have seen some snow falling this evening, like Gloucestershire & West Country did any of the snowflakes settle on the surfaces, just wondered as it seems ground temperatures are now about right, but was alot of disscusion about the possibility of no settling. 

In the East-West battle discussed above, i'll admit you got the better of us folk that time, we will have seen some better times recently..

Purely for nostaglia.... 

• Like 2

Posted

do u remember the December 2009 bristol streamer?

fromey

I remember it Ian F said in this thread that there would be some streamer and it delivered this area took a pasting. Posted Image

Just found a pic of it also 

Posted Image

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just seen a flash of lightning to my south, not too sure how far away, but quite distant

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Dew point dropping 1.5c looks like rain in lamppost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Slight slushy deposits on cars and grass from a shower although most showers have missed thus far.