Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

temp 3.7  dew 0.7 and finally SNOWING Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Just had a very heavy shower of hail and sleet. left an icy deposit under walls and window sills. Temperature just 3.1C and now with a dew point of 0.6C.

This blob of cloud which is currently West of Ireland could become interesting if it holds itself together as it hits our area around dawn tomorrow.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb?ir=true

gibby, im currently watching the bristol channel at the moment, seems to be a shower making machine, looks like some heavy stuff just around the weston s mare area at the moment.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Really? I missed it, sugar

Perhaps it was the rare phenomena known as a sugar cloud, not to be confused with the much rarer snow clouds which are known to occur once a decade in Costa Del Poole. Posted Image I jest, I jest, I jest. Looking good and I'm down to 2.8c now with a corresponding DP of 1.6c and a windchill of -0.7c. All of which is sourced off the warm sea. Posted Image Simply drinking flavoured teas here. Maybe an Iced tea later. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

2.7 c and 00.6c dp......hoping and hoping ...;

I'm always hoping PB, will our hopes be realised in good ole Newbury tonight? Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm now going to go for a yes IMBY

• Like 2

Posted

Awww nice one babe :D

Perhaps it was the rare phenomena known as a sugar cloud, not to be confused with the much rarer snow clouds which are known to occur once a decade in Costa Del Poole. Posted Image I jest, I jest, I jest. Looking good and I'm down to 2.8c now with a corresponding DP of 1.6c and a windchill of -0.7c. All of which is sourced off the warm sea. Posted Image Simply drinking flavoured teas here. Maybe an Iced tea later.

Posted Image

Posted

This blob of cloud which is currently West of Ireland could become interesting if it holds itself together as it hits our area around dawn tomorrow.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb?ir=true

That blob was showing up as some sort of Frontal system on an earlier Fax Chart, hence both our thoughts towards favouring the overnight period, I would bet. Bring it on!

Awww nice one babe Posted Image

Babe. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I'm always hoping PB, will our hopes be realised in good ole Newbury tonight? Posted Image

Well GTLTW the temps now recorded now 3c and dp dropped to -1.2c is this a good sign?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

gibby, im currently watching the bristol channel at the moment, seems to be a shower making machine, looks like some heavy stuff just around the weston s mare area at the moment.

fromey

Yes your right and each one is more and more likely to be of snow and hail now rather than rain and sleet so could be a good night coming up. The strange thing is I can remember several occasions in recent years when some of our heaviest snow falling from the sky was witnessed in a cold showery Westerly. also folks it could be a good night for thunder too if things develop as they seem.

• Like 6

Posted

I'm now going to go for a yes IMBY

Don't know what the tally is now, I've lost count but good luck boyo. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well GTLTW the temps now recorded now 3c and dp dropped to -1.2c is this a good sign?

Some low DPs out there, mine's much higher than that and on the positive side of the Temperature scale. Looking good though, we must also think of WBFL but don't ask me how to work them out, I'm too tired for all that technical stuff.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Reports of some snow in Stroud. Settled on cars.

• Like 2

Posted

Yes your right and each one is more and more likely to be of snow and hail now rather than rain and sleet so could be a good night coming up. The strange thing is I can remember several occasions in recent years when some of our heaviest snow falling from the sky was witnessed in a cold showery Westerly. also folks it could be a good night for thunder too if things develop as they seem.

If i remember right it was december 2009 i had a good dumping from the bristol channel showers.

Posted

If i remember right it was december 2009 i had a good dumping from the bristol channel showers.

Yes that was a good 'un......picked up by Ian F, in advance of the actual evening. A great call by him.Looking at the radar just now it seems like the flow is from a West/NW direction at the mo, which probably favours the South of our region. Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Don't know what the tally is now, I've lost count but good luck boyo. Posted Image

Slacking a bit here GTLTW - I wanted to add my opinion of no IMBY but yes elsewhere to the tally ;)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A pleasant 5.3C here, with a dew point of 3C.

Of course, in the heavier showers, the isotherm will be dragged down, so anybody receiving a rain shower could easily see it fall as snow as we head further in to the night.

My local pub is closed for a return so I'm gonna head round to a mate for a few beer. :)

Looking at the radar and the lines of showers, I think it may well stay dry here.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Ooh, things are starting to move at the Southampton weather centre... we've got red 'down' arrows, at last! http://southamptonweather.co.uk/

4.3C (2.9 with windchill), DP 1.5C, WB 3.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Temperature 3.8c with high dew point of 3.3c here, guess that can come down in heavy showers?

Posted

Plenty of showers packing in towards this region from the West moving in a ESE direction. I would say we should most definitely see a covering by morning as predicted by the pros in the following areas. Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor, Exmoor, Mendips and possibly North Wessex downs to name but some. A fair chance to lower levels but unlikely to settle on surfaces other than over grassy areas and the like. Whatever, HELLO WINTER! Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nothing yet but showers are building abit now out west. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Had a very heavy hail shower a few mins ago - roads were white, nice to see. Don't think we will have a covering by morning but you never know... We are always too warm for snow to settle here in these marginal situations

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing yet but showers are building abit now out west. Posted Image

do u remember the December 2009 bristol streamer?

fromey