Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I'll give you three more to watch, later today into overnight as mentioned. Add to this, Wednesday 29th January and Friday 31st January as dates to watch. There is a post somewhere relating to those predictions, however, as always, it literally will be a "wait and watch" until the time comes.

Bless you thank you ...but that maybe damn blast as I think I have to excersie my friends horse on one of those days...normally I go out in the morning..so it needs to be later please!! ....damn blast. tee hee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's odd really. I posted a link to the Earth Wind site over a month ago. Interest seemed little.

It's a fun site to mess with but I think too many folks think it's a live animation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

ooh just found out that the squall line I was out in the middle of had gusts speed of 52mph. No wonder I got a little worried at one point.

Posted

just been reading the welsh thread snow  showers  in ireland

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's odd really. I posted a link to the Earth Wind site over a month ago. Interest seemed little.

Once you get to fathom the place out, it is a very impressive website. Full credit to Cameron, the chap who runs it.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Currently 7c with dew point of 5.2c falling here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's a fun site to mess with but I think too many folks think it's a live animation.

If you refresh your browser it does change to near live conditions. In fact I've got it set to 850s and Temp settings and its updated to show the impending colder 850s due West of me. As I type, the Temp is indeed falling.

My Temp is reading 5.3c-5.9c

Slowly but surely, down she goes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If you refresh your browser it does change to near live conditions. In fact I've got it set to 850s and Temp settings and its updated to show the impending colder 850s due West of me. As I type, the Temp is indeed falling.Slowly but surely, down she goes.

Hmm.. It was said on Twitter many times, that it's just the GFS raw data put into an animation but the first chart of the run will get removed so it seems like it's live, a bit like using the animation on the Net weather chartviewer but a bit more fancy-like.I remember it was being used during the storms before Xmas, the wind speeds were showing to be far too high in the Atlantic, it was down to the GFS over egging the wind speeds, as it made landfall, the colours dropped more inline with what was actually being progged. Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

As posted earlier, most likely districts (but not exclusively) for snow showers narrowing down to the Mendips, Dorset hills, Salisbury plain and up towards the Chilterns.

Some elsewhere but much less likely to settle at lower levels for long.

WBFL values rising throughout Monday morning so where snowfall does settle, it looks like a struggle to make it past midday tomorrow.

On the positive side though, the first snowflakes of the winter for some of us are upon us now. A much more wintry pattern than derby weeks.

Also, with such an unstable atmosphere and volatile airmasses, I wouldn't rule out thunder sleet and thunder snow for some of us either.

Watch that radar, things are going to become rather lively through the next 12hrs or so with further similiar potential throughout the coming working week. :)

• Like 3

Posted

If the latest GFS is to believed, the wintry fun and games in terms of showery outbreaks should begin from around 6pm onwards and be all over by 12pm tomorrow once we warm up a touch. Posted Image

A reload then forces us in our region to look Northeast for colder uppers to invade Southwestwards by Wednesday. Rain in the South before then. Things get a bit messier still come Thursday, so I will reserve judgement on that for now as we need to stick to looking at the overall colder trend. So upcoming wintry showers, some drier slots, some cold rain and wind and snow potential all on offer in the coming days. Posted Image

Posted

Out of the two weather stations i have got the coldest temp at the moment is 4.9c.

Looks like the coldest temps from bbc will be 3c for 4 hours.

Edited by Skulltheruler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

temp 5.9c dew 3.7 pressure rising 1004.7

Posted

Hmm.. It was said on Twitter many times, that it's just the GFS raw data put into an animation but the first chart of the run will get removed so it seems like it's live, a bit like using the animation on the Net weather chartviewer but a bit more fancy-like.

I remember it was being used during the storms before Xmas, the wind speeds were showing to be far too high in the Atlantic, it was down to the GFS over egging the wind speeds, as it made landfall, the colours dropped more inline with what was actually being progged.

Ah Thanks that explains it, its just a prediction tool. Nonetheless still an impressive website which I have been using to understand the dynamics of our climate and to look for the various layers of the atmosphere. Shame there isn't a UKMO version or even a MOGREPS live model feed. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Yellow warning of Ice

Issued at: 
1549 on Sun 26 Jan 2014

Valid from: 
1800 on Sun 26 Jan 2014

Valid to: 
1000 on Mon 27 Jan 2014

Showers of rain, sleet and snow will continue overnight. Clear skies between showers are expected to allow temperatures to fall to around freezing resulting in a risk of icy stretches forming on untreated surfaces.

The public should be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel.

A colder, westerly, air stream will follow Sunday's frontal band bringing heavy wintry showers and wet surfaces to many areas during Sunday evening and night. Clear skies between showers are expected to allow temperatures to fall to or just below freezing at times resulting in a risk of icy stretches forming on untreated surfaces. 

Some areas of the United Kingdom will also see a covering of snow. Snow amounts will generally be small, mostly accumulating on vegetation, however more persistent and heavy show is expected over the higher ground of western and central Highland and the southern Grampians. See separate warning for snow.
  • Like 1

Posted

Wow! Just stepped outside the back door for first time in about 90 mins and what a change of air; it feels biting cold all of a sudden.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

4.9C. Out there..Refuse put out and staying in.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I can't believe we are at the end of January and might be looking at first possible snow cover tonight.. Posted Image

Still sceptical though to be honest. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Wow! Just stepped outside the back door for first time in about 90 mins and what a change of air; it feels biting cold all of a sudden.

Cold here too and I'm 60 miles due East of you. Recently had a hail shower which brought the Temperature down from 7.8c to 4.6c in the space of half an hour. Rare to witness such cold wintry uppers come in from way out West deep in the Atlantic. Posted Image

I can't believe we are at the end of January and might be looking at first possible snow cover tonight.. Posted Image

Still sceptical though to be honest. Posted Image

When aren't you? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Cold here too and I'm 60 miles due East of you. Recently had a hail shower which brought the Temperature down from 7.8c to 4.6c in the space of half an hour. Rare to witness such cold wintry uppers come in from way out West deep in the Atlantic. Posted Image

When aren't you? Posted Image

Can you blame me after the winter we have seen so far... Posted Image

So what time can we expect to see this snow piling up? Posted Image Posted Image