Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok folks, hopefully a touch of winter might be on its way for some of us this coming week, so please carry on with your weather related musings here Posted Image

Old thread here ---------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78938-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-1114-18z/page-46

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunshine to start the new thread.. So  nice to see. 8.9.c. Breeze only 6.1 kmh...

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Sunshine to start the new thread.. So  nice to see. 89.c. Breeze only 6.1 kmh...

A touch warm in peasedown at the moment LOLPosted Image

fromey

• Like 1

Posted

A touch warm in peasedown at the moment LOLPosted Image

fromey

Well, it is up on top the hill so nearer the sun.. Or it was because raining again now and a breeze to go with it. But ....9.2c now..

Posted

10.8mm Today.. Total for the month so far 102.0mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The sun has made and appearance here too, temp has risen to 11C. My Davis station registered 18mm, my manual gauge has 20mm, wetter than what I thought! 243mm for January, wettest month I've ever recorded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What a ghastly day!

Posted

Quite a temperature fluctuation ; at midday it was 8.7c under blustery rain, at 13.15 it was 10.1c under brief sunshine and now half an hour later it's dropping rapidly at 7.9c after a 5 minute squall which seems to be ushering in a proper clearance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

The sun is out here also but some heavy showers.

Just have to see what happens later when the showers flow in on that colder wind.

The good old lamppost will be in operation later and the radar .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Was expecting there to have been a bit more wind today to be honest but I am happy that I made the right decision to go up Castle Hill yesterday as it was way stronger then compared to today.

The rains been the only notecable thing with winds gusting occassionally to 25mph or above.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest EURO4 output not as bullish on snow prospects for the region;

post-12721-0-74339800-1390744403_thumb.jpost-12721-0-80201800-1390744414_thumb.jpost-12721-0-94012900-1390744424_thumb.j

Whilst the wintry theme is still evident, PPN looks more sporadic and lighter along with less bullish WBFL values.

Nowcast situation now anyway.

Posted

Breaking news.

Front through, sun is shining, some Ci and fracto Cu. Temp 9C but a tad windy WNW 25mph gusting 50.

Brief respite.

Large Cu building and a moderate rain shower now in progress.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Whether the WBFLs are bullish or not so bullish, the colder uppers are now heading into extreme Western parts of this region with any showers turning ever increasingly wintry from this point forward. *warning, attached is a rather mb intensive image

post-7183-0-31530000-1390746575_thumb.pn

Always favouring those with elevation and the further West you are situated at first, bar the far SW tip of Cornwall I imagine. Keep the reports of DP and AT coming in guys n gals, I'm looking forward to tonight and the upcoming wintry spell. The aforementioned wintry risk spreading East during the day and overnight.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hey GTLTW. Yep me too. And I do remember a certain post recently you wrote about two specific days in January to look for. I won't post the link as I don't wish to jinx it!! Anyway interesting day today and have quickly put some washing out while the sun shines!!

Got caught though in that front going to the bus stop yesterday afternoon... Woooo hooo that was nuts. Up near manor park so a little exposed. I almost got a little frightened standing infront of a tree at one point. Ill have to check the wind gust max. It won't be much I suspect so makes you think how absolutely horrendous it would be when you do get 70 or 80mph winds as some parts have and do recently in UK...

• Like 1

Posted

W COUNTRY First covering of snow likely tonight-early Monday for some districts, most likely Mendips plateau eastwards into parts of Wilts..

W COUNTRY Track of wintry showers downwind of Bristol Channel somewhat uncertain but perhaps 2+cm lying snow in some areas; risk icy roads

From Ian :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

We have a mix of hail in a heavy shower as I message you all now....

Going to be an interesting evening .... Good stuff here now in a blowing gale

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hey GTLTW. Yep me too. And I do remember a certain post recently you wrote about two specific days in January to look for. I won't post the link as I don't wish to jinx it!! Anyway interesting day today and have quickly put some washing out while the sun shines!!Got caught though in that front going to the bus stop yesterday afternoon... Woooo hooo that was nuts. Up near manor park so a little exposed. I almost got a little frightened standing infront of a tree at one point. Ill have to check the wind gust max. It won't be much I suspect so makes you think how absolutely horrendous it would be when you do get 70 or 80mph winds as some parts have and do recently in UK...

I'll give you three more to watch, later today into overnight as mentioned. Add to this, Wednesday 29th January and Friday 31st January as dates to watch. There is a post somewhere relating to those predictions, however, as always, it literally will be a "wait and watch" until the time comes.

• Like 1

Posted

W COUNTRY First covering of snow likely tonight-early Monday for some districts, most likely Mendips plateau eastwards into parts of Wilts..

W COUNTRY Track of wintry showers downwind of Bristol Channel somewhat uncertain but perhaps 2+cm lying snow in some areas; risk icy roads

From Ian Posted Image

That's impressive, so much for those suggesting that it would be unlikely to settle on surfaces, including myself who was also sceptical, as ever, time will tell of course. Exciting times ahead for this coldie and all us others. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Whether the WBFLs are bullish or not so bullish, the colder uppers are now heading into extreme Western parts of this region with any showers turning ever increasingly wintry from this point forward. *warning, attached is a rather mb intensive image

Posted ImageEarth Wind Map still as of 1430BST 260114.png

Always favouring those with elevation and the further West you are situated at first, bar the far SW tip of Cornwall I imagine. Keep the reports of DP and AT coming in guys n gals, I'm looking forward to tonight and the upcoming wintry spell. The aforementioned wintry risk spreading East during the day and overnight.

could you post a link to that?

cheers fromey

Posted

could you post a link to that?

cheers fromey

Here was my conversation about it, the live link is in the original post to which I replied. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79144-model-output-discussion-19th-january-2014-18z-onwards/?p=2906340

• Like 2

Posted

Posted ImageEarth Wind Map still as of 1430BST 260114.png

So the more west you are or higher up.You might snow??