Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Can the weather updates be turned off (forum)

Neilsouth

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Hardly noticeable. Couldn't see what you lot were on about had to look really closely until I saw it. How long has it been active?

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Can we please make the weather updates turn offable in our options?

No, unfortunately this isn't possible currently I'm afraid.

Hardly noticeable. Couldn't see what you lot were on about had to look really closely until I saw it. How long has it been active?

Since last week :)

Posted

Yep, the one at the bottom does when you scroll down the page, but from what I've heard most people find it useful rather than annoying as these aren't ads or anything, they're just showing content on the site you may be interested in Posted Image

Hi Paul,

I've noticed the weather updates bar at the top of threads over the past week and have no real issue with it. 

However................

The "recommended for you" pop up that now appears automatically on all the model/chart pages is an entirely different kettle of fish. 

It can not be dismissed in IE ! (ver #11.0.9600), so you are stuck with it regardless. 

It can be dismissed in goggle chrome but the fact it automatically reappears every time you navigate to a new chart page makes it exceptionally irritating. 

I think it is even more intrusive than the recommend/share/link banner that has been appearing on the bottom of these pages for the past few months and that has been bugging the hell out of me.

I understand why this pop up would be a desirable thing on the home "Weather Charts & Data" page and other section home pages but it really, really, really does not need to continually appear on every sub section page you then navigate to?

Cheers

S

Edit - just to add - this is the element I'm talking about

<div class="at4-whatsnext ats-transparent animated slideInUp" id="at4-whatsnext" role="region" aria-labelledby="at4-whatsnext-label

Edited by swebby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

No, unfortunately this isn't possible currently I'm afraid.

Since last week Posted Image

Well mostly unnoticeable but I guess for some they need an option to turn it off.

As for advertising pop ups folks adblocker, flash block should take care of them and if your router has the options block the security risks there

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Morning,

First time I've been on the site since last week and the pop ups on the charts and data pages are no longer there. 

A much better navigating experience.

Many thanks.

S