Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Martian Mystery Rock

frogesque

Posted

A mystery rock on Mars that suddenly appeared in front of NASA's Opportunity rover may look like a tasty donut, but it is like nothing ever seen on the Martian surface before.

More from link

http://www.space.com/24356-mars-rock-mystery-opportunity-rover-photos.html

Don't really buy the wheel flip theory, could this 'rock' be the result of outgassing and chemical deposition?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Interesting how it appeared there, I think the wheel flip theory is the only explanation for this that makes sense. A rock from space would create a hole. Not sure the height or angle of the lay of land on that bit but they would off said if it could of rolled down a slope I'd expect.

Still think there's things living under the ground there, sounds a bit sci fi but has any robot found a hole or tunnel/cave? they have not covered the whole planet? [robots] so all possibility's are there that the life forms stay underground due to the conditions above ground...

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I often wander in my small and insignificant world whether in a time past, beyond our comprehension that Mars supported intelligent life…

Maybe one day a probe would find evidence of it and it's demise.  

Perhaps watching 'Planet of the apes' too many times was a mistake but it's a nice thought as an earth dweller to take care of home a bit more… but i guess most folk don't care anyway so it doesn't matter what may or may not have happened in the past.

Posted

Some of my own checking indicates the rock came from the direction of the rover, flipped upside down by a wheel seems most likely.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

10 years on Mars leads to liveable mud

Some of the oldest minerals ever analysed by NASA’s Mars Opportunity Rover show that around four billion years ago Mars had liquid water so fresh it could have supported life.

http://www.csiro.au/Portals/Media/10-years-on-Mars-leads-to-liveable-mud.aspx

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2