Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

Jane Louise

Posted

Heh the netweather radar is not having a good day. 10:00 LOADS of rain, 10:10 LOADS of rain, 10:15 onwards few tiny specks of rain. I did manage to get a 10:45 image just now but it's gone again.

The Will it Rain app for my ipad and iphone seems to be working fine. They have also just brought out Snow Radar for UK, which seems to be quite good. Pleased I can give it a test run with current weather. Have to pay for the apps but only £1.69 each. Far cheaper than a pint of beer and much longer lasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

The Netweather snow radar app is free.  That's the one i have

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

So as we stand so far this Winter, The states getting plenty of Winter and now some parts of Europe,Ie our Dutch neighbours and so on. Starting to think A bit of Favouritism is going on here Winter, Surely it goes in 3s, So between The states and Europe Is an Island, Quite a popular one also has a little Island next to it as-well... ITS CALLED (UK AND EIRE) Any chance,You know of Delivering,Jeez.."Even Yodel" Would of found the destination by Now. Thank you.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Sitting in the conservatory with the rain hammering down trying to help my daughter with her science revision.....oh the joys!!  Still, a good old Sunday roast cooking........

Posted

Moaning all Posted Image

i thnk i have man-flu coming on Posted Image

now i know man-flu is meant to be the equivalent of a runny nose for the ladies, but last time i felt like this i went to work on a monday, came home off sick and next thing i knew it was Friday Posted Image so my man-flu really is more than a runny nose Posted Image

ho hum. poor doggy is wondering why he's not been walked yet Posted Image told him he'd have to take himself out if he wants. am not getting soaked for him Posted Image

7.5C in SE18

wet, breezy and miserable, and the weathers not too good either

Sitting in the conservatory with the rain hammering down trying to help my daughter with her science revision.....oh the joys!!  Still, a good old Sunday roast cooking........

trade you my knowledge of physics (a-level) for some sunday dinner Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 4

Posted

The Netweather snow radar app is free.  That's the one i have

Personally find If it rains more user friendly on a smaller screen. Seems that Net Weather is either for a browser or android device. Each to his own. Good to keep checking out what is available. Thanks for your comments.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Well been raining night on 2hrs. No appreciable wind and the rain isn't that heavy just persistent. Anyone know if it's due to get worse?

I got the dog out just before the rain started so he's tuckered out now and probably won't surface til about 4pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25902371  wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a cat-astrophe!  Seriously I hope they weren't hurt.

And this side of Crawley we didn't even see T&L!

Posted

Decided to do the oil &water thing due to my long commute's,cold windy but dry,thought I would be good and check other halfs,now raining hard and guess what,bonnet would not release!#! So half hour later get it open.Soaking wet and cold.

Posted

Form yesterday's squall, the White House you can see in the background of one of the pictures, has had half the tiles ripped off, and just to the side of that is a tree that was snapped in half, and is now all cut up, and in my back garden for my log fire!

post-2895-0-61143800-1390736316_thumb.jp

post-2895-0-99416400-1390736329_thumb.jp

post-2895-0-73530300-1390736520_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

rain  set blowing a  gale  rain steady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Growing up in the family home we had ducks and chickens (over a hundred) and all were pets and super tame, would think nothing of a duck or chicken popping in to the house and sitting on your lap whilst watching the TV, normally next to one of the cats, but we did have a barn owl, she was fantastic and sat on the curtain rail in the lounge so she could see everything, and would swoop down if you offered up a day old chick for a bite to eat, we never had to bother with gauntlets or such, she was that good.

Yes ours are the same everytime you open the window they peer inpost-17805-0-84807700-1390737119_thumb.jpost-17805-0-84807700-1390737119_thumb.j
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

its winter, its wet, its wild, unlike my missus - until she reads this...

A cold killler then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

ooer, message tells me there's been a problem with my "reputational vote".

Sounds pretty serious.

The do what now?

I am trying (been told often that I am) to summon up the enthusiasm to step out into the cold, wet and windy outdoors as I need to get to the shops before they close, ho hum, looks like I will be getting cold and wet then.

See you all soon (drowned rat later I expect).

• Like 1

Posted

Hey guess what? Even after the roofers being here 2 days this week, the sunroom roof is now leaking in another place :-(

Posted

Here are a few sunrise photos from this morning.

To be honest, if I'd awoken earlier, I'd have gone somewhere else and photographed something different. I'm a bit annoyed with myself. As Ian ( bjaykent ) said, it was quite predictable, just looking at the BBC weather graphics from yesterday evening.

Posted ImageAC260114a_.pngPosted ImageAC260114b_.pngPosted ImageAC260114c_.png

Alresford Creek. Lovely. 

That church in Brightlingsea looks like an owl from a distance.Well, it does from the quay in Wivenhoe. Or maybe that's the beer.

Edited by Wivenswold
  • Like 1

Posted

All of a sudden, the wind has started to gust quite strongly here.

I've decided its no good to stay here and read incessantly in the vain hope that reading netweather might somehow cause the snow to fall, so I'm going to read a book for a while, and come back later this afternoon, and see if there are any more charts or analysis.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

New thread coming shortly folks......link to follow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Alresford Creek. Lovely. 

That church in Brightlingsea looks like an owl from a distance.Well, it does from the quay in Wivenhoe. Or maybe that's the beer.

I was originally thinking of going to the front in Wivenhoe this morning - somewhere near the Rose & Crown. Oh well, there's always another day - having said that, it'd probably need to be fairly soon, due to the point of the sunrise moving behind buildings in the near future.

Another depressing weather day here now. Moderate rain and chilly. :(