Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Experienced one of the most severe violent squalls ever!!! TnL too, was amazing, and the wind gusts were severe likely 50-70mph gusts!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Ive never seen the Mod thread so positive . It can only go wrong from here.... But of course it wont

Its gone wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Nice brief, little storm there. Was like being in a car wash for a few minutes, few flashes in the distance. Nothing special, but certainly a perk! Almost derecho like!

Edited by Lauren

Posted

Reports are still coming in of quite a lot of damage across many parts of the UK due to the latest severe squall of showers Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I've been living in the model thread and thought the bad weather was tomorrow. What's just happened and is still happening?!!

It literally went pitch black all of a sudden like the lights went out and now all I can hear is wind, rain and a constant roar! The roar is unlike any other storm we,ve had lately even though the wind doesnt seem so bad. It's the pitch black and roar all of a sudden that's made it so eerie. Really eerie out there right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Thankfully, that was not very disruptive and no T&L here. Blue evening sky now!

• Like 1

Posted

Torrential rain here 20 minutes back accompanied by 3 thunder claps.

Earlier reports about blue tits led me to check my nest boxes, in one I found a near complete nest, new as I clean the boxes each Autumn.

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Its gone wrong.

Yup UKMO downgrade and the buttons are off in you know where

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

That was quite something for about five minutes - thought the windows were going to blow in! Scared the cats half to death (and me, to be honest). 

Posted

been calm here all day but its suddenly hit us, no idea how strong the wind gusts are, but they are strong, also the rain is lashing on the window.No idea about lightning as I can't see out at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Just heard that a house was hit by lightning a short drive up the road! Only looks like the roof was damaged! Had a feeling something got hit as the flash was so bright followed by an almighty bang that set car alarms off in my street!

Posted

Dreadful storm here a while back -didn't last long but as somebody else said like an almighty roar and torrential rain and wind -quite scarey for a few moments.

Mod thread not a pleasant place to be - have to wonder what these people are like in the real world when the weather causes such tantrums  and rows - we are all interested and have our weather preferences but really .......

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Best squall line in terms of intensity for several years here in SE13.Wild gusts of wind,reguler lightning and thunder and torrential rain.Wind and lighning very notable.

Posted

It's finally arrived here..extremely gusty all of a sudden and hail. Waiting to see if we get any lightning and thunder :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Comments (0)

A CRANE has snapped at the site of the notorious unfinished tower block formerly known as the IYLO building.

Police were called to reports of the broken crane at approximately 4.48pm this afternoon.

Fire crews are still at the site, which is now known as the Island development, but a police spokesman said it is not thought anyone was hurt.

It is thought strong winds caused the crane to snap.

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Crane-snaps-IYLO-building-site/story-20500708-detail/story.html#ixzz2rQvLf841

• Like 1