but at present i am pretty happy with what i said earlier

i am going to ignore any run tomorrow until the fax comes out

i bet you dont though Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Phew - rain now gone.

Thanks as ever JP

I don;t know if Snowbob delivered - but here's an appreciation offering from me and the piggies.......let us know if you want icing on top next time!

Posted Image

P.S. We can also do a mean chocolate Hobnob...as Southern water found out today Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 4

Posted

Morning all, dry, damp and dreary in dirty, depressing Dartford. Off food shopping, then to makro. Suspect I will be glued to this site after that, awaiting the updates / downgrades and keeping and eye on Geoff Stelling to see the mighty Addicks do what they normally do at Huddersfield lose.

Thanks to everyone for their guidance and knowledge on the charts etc, and yankin for his tremendous ramps, all greatly appreciated, and where would we be without JP. Have a good day, and if you got to go shopping I hope you can enjoy it, I won't. Blow it I knew I shouldn't have gone into the Mod thread, talk about me being confused, understatement, would any one like to give an idea in plain English what might happen.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all, from a foggy Brighton.  Very mild though.

Just nipped in to the MOD thread, the only certainty is the uncertainty....

Ah well, lunch out today without the children. Note to self:  do not drink wine at lunchtime and then go to sports and/or outdoor gear shops - will only lead to trouble.

Have a good day all

AS

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Think the main point in the mad thread is it's looking good from all three at 120

The rest will just be arguing until the 12s about what might happen.

Then be irrelevant in 6 or so hours

Stick with jp and his forecasts is prob the safest bet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning peeps

nearly awake Posted Image  one more cup of tea just might be the tipping point for me.  Washing on, news on and I'm working today so cannot venture out until later this afternoon, bugger!  I have quite a bit I would like to and need to do as well.

Not been out yet, starting to get light out and appears to be dry, no frost or fog here and shed is reporting temps close to 7oC already.

What ever you all do today I hope you have fun doing it (just spare us the details Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  )

Posted

Morning all!  7.7c here and dry.  Just starting to get light, and 'looks' okay.

I'm off up to London this afternoon to meet some friends for lunch and a potter and then theatre in the evening.  Really looking forward to it.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Enjoy your day out CM Posted Image

Just got my male cockatiael to wolf whistle (only taken 4-5 years)

Edited by Jax
  • Like 6

Posted

Interestingly Blue Tits have started checking out the nest boxes in my garden. I ponder which models they follow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

This is how it probably goes, could see some squally showers later today>>>>>>turning much more cold this eve/tonight>>>>>bit milder as storm system moves in tmw (this is a cold storm not double figures u would expect usually) heavy rainfall and gales here>>>>>turning cold with wintry sleet or wet snowy showers Mon>>>>>>from then on wintry cold weather setting in for possibly one week>>>>>>>Model thread decoded=====cold spell yes length of wintry blast unsure........................................................ 

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 4

Posted

rain still holding off (when I said dry earlier I meant not raining, it is damp out though), remains dull and overcast, glad I am working from home today as it means I can get on with both work and the housework.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

To those that don't know what the data/info means I would advise that when viewing the model thread to ask questions, theres always posters happy to answer, or you could just look words up on the Internet, there's also a learning area on the forum and this is for advanced users too and has some very technical threads. 

But most ppl probably just want a simple explanation of the charts without any techy bits, I understand that!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Interestingly Blue Tits have started checking out the nest boxes in my garden. I ponder which models they follow.

Page 3 ones?

Posted

My resident Robin is back :) also have a semi tame black bird that 'bonces' along the shed roof when I put any food out for the birds.

Posted

It's still looking bad tomorrow for areas already under water or approaching it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

With our regional neighbours in Somerset, it must be a big concern:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-25876309

As for the hunt for snow, I'm going to say anything that does fall in our region will be over in a very short time and leave virtually nothing behind. Flurries at lunchtime Wednesday maybe:

Posted Image

Possibly the same Thursday morning further North:

Posted Image

and a bit more next Friday.

I have to say currently for me, this is not stacking up to be something to get excited about and cold, wet, transient snow is no use at all in my books. The real thick, drier, laying stuff is still not on the cards yet.

My resident Robin is back

Thanks, just been busy!! :lol: 

• Like 3

Posted

Thanks, just been busy!! Posted Image

Mine is cuter :lol:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, a bit murky to start off with here

It's still looking bad tomorrow for areas already under water or approaching it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

With our regional neighbours in Somerset, it must be a big concern:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-25876309

As for the hunt for snow, I'm going to say anything that does fall in our region will be over in a very short time and leave virtually nothing behind. Flurries at lunchtime Wednesday maybe:

Posted Image

Possibly the same Thursday morning further North:

Posted Image

and a bit more next Friday.

I have to say currently for me, this is not stacking up to be something to get excited about and cold, wet, transient snow is no use at all in my books. The real thick, drier, laying stuff is still not on the cards yet.

Thanks, just been busy!! Posted Image

Lets hope the UKMO is onto something...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry, just seen this and it stacks up concerns in our region:

Yellow warning of Rain

Issued at: 
1154 on Fri 24 Jan 2014

Valid from: 
0400 on Sun 26 Jan 2014

Valid to: 
0900 on Mon 27 Jan 2014

Another spell of wet and very windy weather will cross the UK from the west during Sunday. The  heaviest rain is likely to clear for a time later on Sunday but will probably return to affect some areas overnight and into the first part of Monday. Heavy snow will fall on higher ground, primarily above 300 metres.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption due to localised flooding. This updates the warning originally issued on Wednesday, splitting off a northern section and extending it into parts of Scotland. Another active Atlantic frontal system is forecast to cross the UK during Sunday, linked to a very deep depression near northwest Britain. Segments of the frontal system look like revolving around the depression to affect parts of the north again early on Monday. Rainfall accumulations of 25 to 40 mm are expected quite widely, possibly greater than 50 mm over the higher ground of Scotland. Gales or severe gales will be an additional hazard: please see separate warning.

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Kent

Mine is cuter Posted Image

Posted Image