hi joe

in the heavier burst in the afternoon

we may see some Posted Image

just want to see exactly where that low goes for now

hi ab

would i do that ? Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Lol wouldn't it be typical if I don't get to go skiing in morzine because snow stops flights from taking off. Would be just typical. Be leaving on 2nd of feb

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

John, you TEASE!

THATS IT! Someone needs to switch off JP's Christmas emoticon smilies in protest! ;-)
  • Like 4

Posted

Like it AS, I forgot the smell of paraffin, cor that brought back memories, like you we where asked what we wanted to do, I wanted to be a furnaceman like my father, luckily that never happened. My whole young life aim was to pass the 11+ and be the first in my family to go to the grammar! as I said the other day I failed! devastated wasn't the word, tears was the order of the day, I couldn't believe it, my dad was upset and accused me of being to cocky, well I think there might been, but I was good at everything and got 99% at every test from 4 to 11, wasn't allowed 100% as I couldn't improve. You might have noticed I still haven't got over this injustice after all it was only 50 years ago, who say I don't hold a grudge.

I got sent to a hell hole of a school the downs in Dartford, rough, extremely, why me, all my thick had gone to the grammar, anyway the day arrived, I trudge of totally down hearted, got to the plat ground, immediately duffed up, by some knuckle dragging boy, who ended up a very successful dustman, bitter what me! Anyway that very first day, we where asked to line up and 60 boys names where called out, yes I was one, we where left standing in the play ground whilst the remaining animals where herded off to there classroom. We where then told that we where extremely lucky (I like all the others where snivelling wrecks, with multiple bruises and cuts) we where going to have the best teachers and education money could buy (to be fair this promise was kept too. It ended up that we where an experiment that lasted 5 brilliant years, it was called the comprehensive system, it was brilliant the teachers where first class, and after the battle of the playground on that first day, we where a common room (this was before common rooms where common :-)) we never really mixed with the other part of the school and the privileges where many, including calling teachers by their first names. Sounds great but there was a down part, as we where "intelligent and privilege" it was deemed that if we crossed the line and misbehaved our punishment was between 2 and 4 times worse than any other person in that school, believe me it was and it hurt. I was caned on many occasions for over stepping the mark, but I played cricket and had rock hard hands, so one occasion I laughed after the caning, suggest that was a wrong me. He caned me again missed the hand and brought it back under my knuckles, I didn't laugh the next time. Unfortunately the teacher involved got concussion shortly after that during the boys vs teachers rugby match.

Great times and thanks AS for getting me into trouble by going down memory lane.

Just had a thought whilst I was asleep, that dustman I mentioned above, actually earnt more than me for the majority of his life, don't know what that proves, but good luck to him.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

whole evening of nature TV, total bliss ( still on now with the red button ) I am in heaven in terms of TV, shame it will not continue.

anyway, just been out to put the rubbish out, local kitten/young cat helped (bless it), not mine but pays me a visit.  Seems cold out but not frosty yet, but feel that shall change by the morning, 2.1oC out in the shed right now, no rain and clear skies (well I can see the stars if that counts).

Posted

one thing about the 120 fax

look at the high to our north - north east

its big and has not budged so far

if that low could just now grab that and pull it towards us

that would be nice Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted

Like it AS, I forgot the smell of paraffin, cor that brought back memories, like you we where asked what we wanted to do, I wanted to be a furnaceman like my father, luckily that never happened. My whole young life aim was to pass the 11+ and be the first in my family to go to the grammar! as I said the other day I failed! devastated wasn't the word, tears was the order of the day, I couldn't believe it, my dad was upset and accused me of being to cocky, well I think there might been, but I was good at everything and got 99% at every test from 4 to 11, wasn't allowed 100% as I couldn't improve. You might have noticed I still haven't got over this injustice after all it was only 50 years ago, who say I don't hold a grudge.I got sent to a hell hole of a school the downs in Dartford, rough, extremely, why me, all my thick had gone to the grammar, anyway the day arrived, I trudge of totally down hearted, got to the plat ground, immediately duffed up, by some knuckle dragging boy, who ended up a very successful dustman, bitter what me! Anyway that very first day, we where asked to line up and 60 boys names where called out, yes I was one, we where left standing in the play ground whilst the remaining animals where herded off to there classroom. We where then told that we where extremely lucky (I like all the others where snivelling wrecks, with multiple bruises and cuts) we where going to have the best teachers and education money could buy (to be fair this promise was kept too. It ended up that we where an experiment that lasted 5 brilliant years, it was called the comprehensive system, it was brilliant the teachers where first class, and after the battle of the playground on that first day, we where a common room (this was before common rooms where common :-)) we never really mixed with the other part of the school and the privileges where many, including calling teachers by their first names. Sounds great but there was a down part, as we where "intelligent and privilege" it was deemed that if we crossed the line and misbehaved our punishment was between 2 and 4 times worse than any other person in that school, believe me it was and it hurt. I was caned on many occasions for over stepping the mark, but I played cricket and had rock hard hands, so one occasion I laughed after the caning, suggest that was a wrong me. He caned me again missed the hand and brought it back under my knuckles, I didn't laugh the next time. Unfortunately the teacher involved got concussion shortly after that during the boys vs teachers rugby match.Great times and thanks AS for getting me into trouble by going down memory lane.

CK you write so well, conjuring up the dusted hazy past, it's a privilege to read, thank you.

• Like 5

heres the fax update

monday

Posted Image

a cold north west to west flow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 5 degrees

however when showers arrive temps could drop a good couple of degrees

trough to our west could see some heavy showers late pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i want to say something here

but i will wait for tomorrow

sorry guys Posted Image

Was it Merry Christmas Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

ecm op again right at the top of the ensembles

probably call fi there on the 31st

wind

Posted Image

see gfs on the 31st throws a big wind event again (outlier)

rain

Posted Image

blue run is gfs Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

need i say more

• Like 1

Posted

hi bob

if that second low sits where it shows on the fax

and can grab some colder uppers from our north east - east

with evaporative cooling and 528 dam air wrapped up in it

in the heavier bursts we should see some snow

now if that moves slowly enough or comes in later

the chance of seeing something snowy will improve

i will go deeper on this tomorrow

but tonight i am happy

and love the high to our east-north east and how big that looks

also bear in mind wednesday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

as that low goes south east it could be interesting

and also thursday could see colder uppers as well

so i reckon the outlook is certainly not boring

before anyone thinks i have ignored fri night and sundays rain

i havent and will look more deeper on that tomorrow

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Cheers mate

The only thing I will say is the westward correction in the past 76 hours

Surely this has the potential to be even better tomorrow

The west trend has been very consistent

Do you not think

Atlantic my a**e

Don't think it's gonna get a look in

• Like 2

Posted

here bob

wheres my bun ?

the models hate block set ups

thats why i am trying to stick at 120 for now

lets hope this continues to the fax tomorrow night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

So do you think the westward correction will carry on mate

I reckon we only need a few hundred miles and bingo

Nania

Posted

hi mate

its possible but hard to call at present

the low might help pull the russian high back towards us

but i expect a lot of model swings to come Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

just posted by ian f on mod thread

Re Monday - yes, Dep Chief confirming likely easterly movement of wintry ppn into some southern-central areas with time (not expected disruptive for those districts at present), but current E4 PPN discrimination highlights Bristol-M4 corridor; parts of Devon etc at greatest risk of what could be disruptive snow/hail/ice issues (because potentially phasing with AM rush hr). I'm not allowed to copy the high-res charts; sorry... but it's an interesting signal.

could get busy next week Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

27th onwards there is scatter

still looking cold after

some nice cold ensemble runs there

heres my ramp for the night

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=372&code=9&mode=0&carte=0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=372&code=9&mode=1&carte=0

the p9 run is pretty chilly Posted Image

off to bed now

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Jp can the snow possibly be delayed until the afternoon of the 2nd of feb as my flight leaves in the morning lol

Edited by Tom Jarvis
  • Like 2