Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

Jane Louise

Posted

Morning regionnaires!!

post-6667-0-15713100-1390469988_thumb.jp

Looks quite sunny out there, might have to stir myself and get into the World.  As Luke has posted, Sunday is bobbing about a bit  on the runs and GFS has it making a little more of a windy impact on us on it's overnight output:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It drags it out a bit more too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

But there is still substantial amounts of rain on offer:

Posted Image

No snow on the cards for us until right out at the end of the run and then it's to our West - we all know how unreliable that gets, so pay no heed to it at this early stage:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Fairly bright here, with sunny spells.

Just awaiting the angry looking band of rain to the west...

Posted

Met O weather warning out for Sunday:

Yellow warning of Rain

post-6667-0-56123900-1390469585_thumb.jp

Issued at: 
1218 on Wed 22 Jan 2014

Valid from: 
0600 on Sun 26 Jan 2014

Valid to: 
2345 on Sun 26 Jan 2014

Another spell of wet and very windy weather will cross the UK from the west during Sunday. Heavy rain and gales are likely to affect most areas for a time with further flooding possible in prone areas, particularly southern parts of England and Wales where the ground remains saturated following earlier rain.

The public should be aware of the possible disruption to transport and the continuing risk of flooding in prone areas.
Another Atlantic frontal system is forecast to cross the UK during Sunday. Most areas will see a period of heavy rain and very strong winds, perhaps also some snow for a time over northern hills. Rainfall accumulations of 15 to 25 mm are expected quite widely with 35 mm or more locally, especially over southern parts of England and Wales. Expect southerly gusts 40 to 50 mph quite widely, particularly with the passage of the front, and probably peaking 60 to 70 mph or more around exposed coasts and headlands.  There is still some considerable uncertainty in the details of this system and this warning will be updated in the coming days. 

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Isle of Wight, Kent, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk, Thurrock

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1390435200

Met O also showing the gusts for Sunday, but of course, the rain is the primary concern for us currently (yet again):

post-6667-0-51939600-1390469845_thumb.pn

Time to get the wellies out once more Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

At least im getting lots of use out of my new hunter wellies. .. maybe next year I should ask for snow boots :/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Forgot to put I actually saw a tree with lovely pink blossom on this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all

A nice bright start to the day here.  Just been out of the office for the first time today, and could not believe the difference a few hours has made.  Its now dark and raining now Posted Image

Edited by LeighD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Is it the weekend yet? No? *mopes*

• Like 2

Posted

Thinking about reproducing some of my memories of the winter of 62/63 would anyone be interested to read them on here, don't want to bore you as I suppose, it could be argued that it was on topic, something which I think you would agree is most unlike me :-)

I would be interested, it was the year my dad told me he walked on ice floes on the sea at Southend, I've since seen photos online which prove he could have done.

• Like 2

Posted

I would be interested, it was the year my dad told me he walked on ice floes on the sea at Southend, I've since seen photos online which prove he could have done.

That wuold be amazing. I'm sure I remember the edge of the sea freezing at one point as a kid. Maybe I'm dreaming it. I remember the playground totally freezing over at St Helens in the 80's though when I was there.

6mm rain in under half hour at home... Posted Image

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The intense rain is now hitting here. Posted Image

For all cold weather junkies, here is a link for you, before your possible snow fix next week. :D Remembering it's high summer there now...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/aq/vostok-station/2273742/weather-forecast/2273742

Here are some weather stats for the place too. A bit chilly! Posted Image

post-11059-0-97428800-1390475913_thumb.j

Posted

As there is a bit of interest in the 62/63 memories of mine I will see what I can knock up in the next few days. Assuming I remember :-). Don't know how big this will end up, but is assume if I post on here and it to big someone will move it?

Had a few very heavy showers in Harlow over the last few hours, seems warm out. Got a POETS day today as I'm off to see the simon and Garfunkle story at the Orchard Dartford tonight, must admit to really looking forward to it, one of my all time favourite groups, alright duo.

• Like 3

Posted

Good morning - barely!

I went out at 9.40am to the car saying it was 5.5 degrees, beautiful blue skies and a blazing sun.  Came back at 11.35am to pouring rain and 6 degrees.  Think I prefer the first!  No more rain pleeease!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Guess what ............it's raining. Absolutely hammering it down and it's very cold. Looks like the rain is set in for a while yet as well.

Just given notice on my flat in Norwich. Bit sad as it's the end of an era. :( ah well, a new chapter and all that. Onwards and upwards.

Have a good day, folks and try and stay dry. :O

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Rain has stopped here for now.  Patchy blue skies starting to appear now.  Feels pretty cool now also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

post-11316-0-10731600-1390480506_thumb.jRain now cleared and the sun is coming out.....

Yes you heard me...THE SUN!!! You know, that big firey ball in the centre of our solar system, but thats not important right now.

• Like 3