Sign in to follow this  
DELETED

Is there anyway to predict a hot summer!

I was just thinking and i have never really looked up about it but is there anyway to predict a hot summer? 

it will be nice !! love the summer and im getting bored of this winter already.

Edited by benhayes74
  • Like 2

I was just think and i have never really looked up about it but is there anyway to predict a hot summer? 

it will be nice !! love the summer and im getting bored of this winter already.

No but since 1950 all but 3 18C+ months occurred with +MEI conditions (i.e. a lean towards El Nino).

• Like 1

You can always make a wild guess Posted Image sooner or later it could come true...

haha do you mean like Mr James Madden

• Like 1

Since Ive been roaming the planet, there seems to be a definite connection with a colder than normal spring and then a hotter than normal summer. Then warmer/hotter than normal springs have always seemed to result in a washout chilly summer. I guess we have a heck of a lot more to learn about it though as the years go by.

• Like 1

"I predict a hot summer "... 

that's how to do it 

• Like 1

Since Ive been roaming the planet, there seems to be a definite connection with a colder than normal spring and then a hotter than normal summer. Then warmer/hotter than normal springs have always seemed to result in a washout chilly summer. I guess we have a heck of a lot more to learn about it though as the years go by.

Springs as a whole have been warm and followed by hot summers, there does appear to be normally an average or chilly spring month though.

2003 is of course probably the best counter-part.

Do mot take any notice of those who predicted our 'severe winter'Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Will ask my 10 year old who put these icons on ,she will give a good prediction!

• Like 1

"I predict a hot summer "... 

that's how to do it 

I did predict a mild winter .. so far so good 

• Like 1

Yes says it's going to be cold and wet which should do the trick.

Forecast for Saudi Arabia instead.

;)

It would be helpful to know if many long range forecasts were pointing towards last July being so warm. The Weatheronline seasonal forecast published on May 19th did point towards a good July which was drier and sunnier than normal.

• Like 1

If you can get your GF to swim in the North Sea in spring in a bikini, the weather will get the message and grant us a hot summer

• Like 1

If you can get your GF to swim in the North Sea in spring in a bikini, the weather will get the message and grant us a hot summer

haha not really sure my partner will be up for that but worth asking of course hahah..

• Like 1

Posted Image

This man will be able to tell you if it going to be a good summer. But unlike Madden he does not advertise his skills

• Like 1

Posted Image

This man will be able to tell you if it going to be a good summer. But unlike Madden he does not advertise his skills

Haha brilliant !!

Posted Image

Did my first tea leaf reading today.. I think it went well... I saw a lovely hot Summer coming up, Sun ,Sea and sand... eyup whats this.. Oh sorry its Malaga.

Come on you're having a laugh .... This is the UK your talking about!

• Like 1

Posted Image

Did my first tea leaf reading today.. I think it went well... I saw a lovely hot Summer coming up, Sun ,Sea and sand... eyup whats this.. Oh sorry its Malaga.

Come on you're having a laugh .... This is the UK your talking about!

Already had a post about the crystal ball idea lol. Really talking seriously more interested in figures from past summers with similar winters.