Sign in to follow this  
The PIT

A new way of hiding the truth NHS closes ranks again

Kind of agree but is putting material into the public domain that could cause naming and shaming the right way to go? If the missed opportunity was due more to their then guidelines for example rather than deliberate negligence of staff then it is a tragic instance where more could have been done but process and protocal did not clearly identify it.

"Windows of opportunity to treat Victoria were lost - had these been acted upon the outcome may have been different," said the coroner.

"I believe her chances of survival would have significantly increased."

Kettering Hospital said at the time it had "strengthened guidance for hospital staff around post-operative care and observation/pain assessment", but would not comment further.

Miss Harrison's mother Tracey Foskett has previously told the BBC she did not want people to lose their jobs over her daughter's death

mocking relatives of patients who express concern @ the lack of care is now the norm in my local hospital . 

Kind of agree but is putting material into the public domain that could cause naming and shaming the right way to go? If the missed opportunity was due more to their then guidelines for example rather than deliberate negligence of staff then it is a tragic instance where more could have been done but process and protocal did not clearly identify it.

I prefer naming and shaming of management rather than golden handshakes. The guidelines are there to protect the NHS and not the patients which is the problem and why we will continue too see avoidable deaths in the NHS. 

I prefer naming and shaming of management rather than golden handshakes. The guidelines are there to protect the NHS and not the patients which is the problem and why we will continue too see avoidable deaths in the NHS. 

Yes that was what I meant, the front line hard working staff (my lovely and missed ex being one of these hardworking honest souls) working all the shifts out there doing a sterling job for menial pay whilst the middle and higher mangelment take big paypackets and hide when it all goes wrong.  If staff are mis-managed then the manger should be drawn up to explain I agree.

Edited by Jax