Sign in to follow this  
Habsish

Is Final Score on BBC the most tedious and irrelevant programme on TV

What a downer this programme. Not exactly we have the Pools now.

The detail can be seen on line so why clutter a TV schedule up.

Edited by Habsish

Give up with final score ages ago always watch soccer Saturday at least they have some banter

• Like 1

To be fair not everyone has Sky or the internet so it can still be a useful programme for some. 

It also does not need to be like Soccer Saturday either but please put some decent pundits on it, how Garth Crooks is still there beggers belief really.

I don't see your issue? Not everybody has Sky Sports. Although Soccer Saturday is far, far better. Jeff and the lads are great viewing.

• Like 1

I watched Sucker Punch, far better, full of stuff blowing up and scantily clad ladies doing the fighting.

Way better than football.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

But why do they need a person to read out the scores like 1930s Wireless on TV.It's bizarre.

But why do they need a person to read out the scores like 1930s Wireless on TV.It's bizarre.

ooooh quick guess and I would say so the blind/poor sighted followers of the game can keep up to date.

Edited by Jax

On the basis of irrelevant or tedious...erm let me fink..may keep three perhaps four channels LOL!

I rarely watch TV and when I do it tends to be BBC1/2/4/News24 on the rare (and I mean rare occassion) I may just find something to watch on the other channels, but I hate ads with a passion so often avoid those types of channels anyway.

Edited by Jax

How were the chips lol Posted Image

Good ta! :)

What a downer this programme. Not exactly we have the Pools now.The detail can be seen on line so why clutter a TV schedule up.

Sounds like it fits in quite nicely with all the other crap that's on then?

Edited by No-Time Toulouse

What a downer this programme. Not exactly we have the Pools now.The detail can be seen on line so why clutter a TV schedule up.

No

A lot of people want to know the football scores and it provides a useful service.

• Like 2

Like the football itself really.

If there's anything worse than football, it's grown men in shirts and ties with deadly serious faces trying to analyse it.

You try watching a world final tiddly-winks championship!

It would, in all seriousness, be better than bloody football.

What a downer this programme. Not exactly we have the Pools now.

The detail can be seen on line so why clutter a TV schedule up.

so we dont have to put up with Jeff Stelling? Posted Image

How can Final Score be the most tedious and irrelevant programme on TV when there's stuff like Made In Chelsea and Big Brother on?

• Like 5

How can Final Score be the most tedious and irrelevant programme on TV when there's stuff like Made In Chelsea and Big Brother on?

And Splash!

Posted Image

so we dont have to put up with Jeff Stelling? Posted Image

Don't you speak ill of Sir Jeff!!

And I see the anti-football brigade are out. People like different things, please try and get over this mind-blowing fact!

Worst of all would be watching BB contestants watching football commentary.

Do they still read it in a boring monotone?

I remember as a young girl that when we heard it on tv on a Saturday, Dr Who would be on soon.My dad always listened to it and wrote some of it down.

I used to like watching this in winter years ago late 70`s 80`s to 1987 to see how many matches were prosponed because of the snow and frost.Posted Image

Edited by Snowyowl9

I used to like watching this in winter years ago late 70`s 80`s to 1987 to see how many matches were prosponed because of the snow and frost.Posted Image

Since then of course, pitches have improved greatly.

(and we don't have snow / frost any more ) Posted Image

Since then of course, pitches have improved greatly.

(and we don't have snow / frost any more ) Posted Image

We do just not this year yet,we did last year maybe not much on low ground to effect matches as frost wasn`t an issue last January because of too much cloudcover and the year before there was a spell of hard frosts further east snow,and can`t forget 2010. Edited by Snowyowl9

And I see the anti-football brigade are out. People like different things, please try and get over this mind-blowing fact!

Think that stems more from the days of having just two or three channels to choose from and Saturday afternoon TV and Radio would be swamped with football coverage and people with other interests had nowhere to turn to.

Edited by Jax

Think that stems more from the days of having just two or three channels to choose from and Saturday afternoon TV and Radio would be swamped with football coverage and people with other interests had nowhere to turn to.

I suppose so. Although I've grown up in the satellite TV era!

• Like 1