Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi just got back, it was frostier than I thought this morning, the car was covered in ice.I had my chest xray, won't know the result for a few days, it was a bit silly, it took three seconds, and took longer to undress and wear the gown thing. Good news!!!!!!!!!Southernman saw the consultant in the clinic this morning and it ISN'T a TIA!!!!!!!!!!!  They discovered that when he moves, his blood pressure is fluctuating wildly, and they said that the symptoms of confusion and slurred speech are down to that, so they have reviewed his medication and found that one of them is the culprit, and he should be ok now they have altered the dosage. I have been so worried!He didn't even need a scan, they discovered it immediately they started doing observations on him when he first went in.I don't know why it wasn't picked up in casualty when he went in, but maybe because he was on a trolley at that time and so wasn't moving at all, this morning he was walking and sitting in the clinic. Anyway, on the way back the fog was very thick and at times it was very dark, not just light, it was a strange and eerie effect. Still very cold outside.

Fantastic news so pleased x
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon all

Thick patchy fog to kick the day off here.  The fog thinned out to mist around 11am and finally cleared by midday.  We now have blue skies with paches of high level cloud floating by.  After the day I have had its quite relaxing looking up to the sky, watching the clouds float by without a care in the world ;-)

Feels cold outside though.  Got a current temp of 7c.

BTW - great news JJ1.  Very pleased for you both.

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2543175/Was-Stone-Age-culture-driven-CLIMATE-CHANGE-Advances-language-coincided-rise-rainfall.html

This is interesting, it says that stone age man increased their language when the heavy rain came.

They were most likely needing more language to say what we say nowadays -

"oh no is it raining again?"

"what does the daily express say about it"

"hasn't JP analysed that fax chart yet?"

etc

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

sorry to change the subject guys , but is anyone apart from myself getting bored wth this winter????

I see little if any signs of cold ,let alone snow in the foreseeable .. the best we have had is a

foggy morning and a slight frost..  

Its the 21st of Jan and I've had 1 air frost so far ( -1.2c)..

sorry for the moaning ,probably on the wrong thread.. I suppose we were due a mild one..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Don't want to get folk's hopes up too much but I would advise a precursory snow watch for two dates in the near future.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79144-model-output-discussion-19th-january-2014-18z-onwards/?p=2902279

These might not end up true snowfests but I feel anything's better than nothing at this stage. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

sorry to change the subject guys , but is anyone apart from myself getting bored wth this winter????

I see little if any signs of cold ,let alone snow in the foreseeable .. the best we have had is a

sorry for the moaning ,probably on the wrong thread.. I suppose we were due a mild one..

Yes mate.  I'm well and truely bored of this winter also.  But hey, never give up.  There are 6 weeks left of winter, and there are tentitive signs thats things may be turning for the better...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2543175/Was-Stone-Age-culture-driven-CLIMATE-CHANGE-Advances-language-coincided-rise-rainfall.html

This is interesting, it says that stone age man increased their language when the heavy rain came.

They were most likely needing more language to say what we say nowadays -

"oh no is it raining again?"

"what does the daily express say about it"

"hasn't JP analysed that fax chart yet?"

etc

Maybe that's where 'Urghh!' came from then? :winky:

• Like 3

Posted

I saw a confused Bee buzzing around my back garden. Don't think if he was sure if it's spring or still winter !

The blackbirds are singing away all night long around my Manor. Even the Starlings are giving them that 'you must be knackered, been out all night?' look and they don't even take a break during the day. 

Natures not adapting well to this mild Winter and if the cold and snow (remember that stuff?) do return, I wonder what it will mean for flora and forna developments in the Spring.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Hi just got back, it was frostier than I thought this morning, the car was covered in ice.

I had my chest xray, won't know the result for a few days, it was a bit silly, it took three seconds, and took longer to undress and wear the gown thing.

Good news!!!!!!!!!Southernman saw the consultant in the clinic this morning and it ISN'T a TIA!!!!!!!!!!!  They discovered that when he moves, his blood pressure is fluctuating wildly, and they said that the symptoms of confusion and slurred speech are down to that, so they have reviewed his medication and found that one of them is the culprit, and he should be ok now they have altered the dosage.

I have been so worried!He didn't even need a scan, they discovered it immediately they started doing observations on him when he first went in.I don't know why it wasn't picked up in casualty when he went in, but maybe because he was on a trolley at that time and so wasn't moving at all, this morning he was walking and sitting in the clinic.

Anyway, on the way back the fog was very thick and at times it was very dark, not just light, it was a strange and eerie effect.

Still very cold outside.

Very pleased to hear that, Jenny.

• Like 1

Posted

There are 6 weeks left of winter

and nature doesn't work to the human calendar - so anything could happen right up to April....

• Like 1

Posted

I was bored with it, mostly with the gales and heavy rains, and that it was unseasonably warm, but today seems to have marked a change here with frost and freezing fog this morning, and it feels like winter, very cold this afternoon.

We still can't write it off as there are several weeks left of it so anything like snow could still be in the offing, and besides which we were promised a winter of snow from hell by the media and i want that or I shall demand my money back.

• Like 1

Posted

Don't want to get folk's hopes up too much but I would advise a precursory snow watch for two dates in the near future.

Thanks, will be waiting for friday then and next monday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

and nature doesn't work to the human calendar - so anything could happen right up to April....

If it's a 2013 season again, farmer's crops weren't growing in the fields until mid June either. God forbid that happens again, just a wintry week or two up until mid to late February would suit me fine and most likely nature can then get back on track.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted

Yes, I suppose we are going to get an 88/89, or 89/90 again at some point.

Like others have said many times though, the pattern could look a helluva lot worse, in the near, future for snow. Posted Image

We can only wait and see. Another 5 or 6 weeks though and my Spring hat will be on, whatever happens. Posted Image I like to get out and about, but the totally saturated ground at the moment, makes it more difficult / less appetising.

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

besides which we were promised a winter of snow from hell by the media and i want that or I shall demand my money back.

I think you'll struggle there! No one took those headlines seriously and they've since jinxed this season completely :doh:  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Great news Jenny, Happy to hear things are on the up.

Deffo colder this avo, the charts are now starting to show signs of change which is nice.....but lets hope they keep it up.

• Like 1

Posted

I see the model thread is currently looking quite civil. It's nice to see.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I see the model thread is currently looking quite civil. It's nice to see.Posted Image

Give it a hour Steve, then see what its like..... Posted Image or Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

just a wintry week or two up until mid to late February would suit me fine and most likely nature can then get back on track.

Well Happy Birthday anyway!!! Posted Image

Posted

omg one of our posters is called "no-time toulouse" and I've been looking at that for days thinking what an odd username.

Just now I got it!

OMG am I slow or what?

Posted Image

• Like 7