Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning All, hope everyone fine and JP, hope you are not to tired. Funny I couldn't sleep last night either, must be something in the air. Misty and damp out this morning, noticed yesterday that the nights seemed to be drawing out at last.

Got that trip to Peterborough today, hopefully the fog won't be to bad, breakfast meeting in little chef then another meeting in the office, got a feeling it will toys out the pram day today, been let down terrible by one of our employees, just inexperience but not helped by the fact that the checks we put in place to prevent this didn't work or more likely wasn't implemented, cost a lot of money, but at least we now know what went wrong.

Thanks JP will do, the old fog can be a bit nasty on the drive up to Peterborough been caught out a few times, hopefully won't be to bad.

Wonder how my weather forecast of yesterday is doing, might pop into the MOD thread to see by how much I was wrong! Hope you all have a better day than I am, enjoy yourself. Well survived the mod thread, quiet quite in there, couldn't really understand much, but I think I got my guesscast totally wrong, but that not unusual for me, think I might have been a fair few days outs with my easterly and muched wished for Thames streamer.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted

Hi charlton

Hope your well

Yep the fog is an issue so take care on the roads

Re ecm

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=0&map=0&type=0&archive=0

The low from 144 is key

And at 216 on we see a nice easterly

This could lead up to a very good 12z run

Anyway happy now

Over the the morning shift now

Be back for the 12z runs

Have a good day all

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Frosty start here. The decided that it couldn't be bothered so it's just clear and crisp here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning everyone.

It is really foggy here, visibility not good for driving. It's 2.6 so no where near as cold as yesterday. Take care if you are all driving this morning as it looks horrible out there.

Thanks for all the posts JP. They set really helpful for our area, and I hope you manage to get some sleep today!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all!  A little bit foggy here this morning, but I can see across the road, so it can't be that bad.

3.1c and looks quite chilly outside.

Today is gottolovethisweather's birthday and he sometimes pops in here. So just in case, have a very happy birthday GTLTW. :D

• Like 3

Posted

Just risen above zero here and Not such a harsh Friday as yesterday still foggy but not quite as bad as overnight. Looks under 50m though still but I am on the edge of civilisation so maybe not as bad where there are more houses.

Morning all :)

JP go to bed haha

Posted

Morning all.

Almost all of Sussex covered in a thick dense blanket of......

FOG!

Oh how I wish it was something more exciting Posted Image 

Edited by Coast

Posted

Winter's not finished with us yet!Posted Image

As long as it doesn't take until Spring/Summer to arrive Ian!! :lol: 

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all

Back to 0Z, still a chance of something wintry Thursday evening with some cold uppers over us as the front moves through.

But not in the triangle, you can see the clear bit over us.

Anyway, early start as having an xray today to see lung scarring.Chilly here, a bit frosty doesn't look foggy but will see how it is on the oen road, mostly the fog comes off the fileds and towards the sea.

Posted

Latest GFS would like to sprinkle some fairy dust on parts of the region Friday:

Posted Image

I don't think we will be making any snowmen out of anything that falls out of the sky though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Foggy and bigger gap in planes going to heathrow. Standard procedure in fog I expect. Doesn't feel too cold, just murky, no frost... Flight delays outta city and heathrow.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Very thick fog here in Hounslow, west London. On the 10th floor where out my office you can see towards central, north and south London normally. Today can see nothing but thick greyness out the window, which is a bit disconcerting being near the end of the two Heathrow runways.

• Like 5

Posted

Posted

Hi JennyJane, best of luck today and as for Thursday night/Friday Morning, not expecting too much but hope you and I see at least a snowflake each!Posted Image

Thanks, I'm off now but will be back later to see what the charts show!!!!!!!!!!!I am addicted!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

But not in the triangle, you can see the clear bit over us.

Anyway, early start as having an xray today to see lung scarring.Chilly here, a bit frosty doesn't look foggy but will see how it is on the oen road, mostly the fog comes off the fileds and towards the sea.

Good luck jennyjane1, hope it all goes well.

The fog has arrived now. Shame, would have been a stunning sunrise and view as I arrive into work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Bit soupy out this morning! You could see the water droplets against the car headlights and lamposts. Not the kind of lampost watching I favour but it's something better than the rain!

Temp seemed a bit all over the place too, 2.7c at Home and then Down to 1c at the station. Interesting to see if it's as foggy in the city..

• Like 1

Posted

Bit soupy out this morning! 

Heavy here!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Just updated the rain watch thread (link in my sig bottom of post)

Yes heavy fog here at Stanwell, next to Heathrow ap. lightens the plain noise a little too I think.

Posted

Just found out via Facebook that there were fire engines in my road last night and many people commenting that smoke might have been making the fog that much worse. I'm so bunged up I'd have never smelt any smoke!