Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well as no show for snow for little mans birthday tomorrow we did go and pick up a snow machine got back got excited and me being me wanted to try it out .... WON'T work so e mailed the person and guess what his reply was sold as seen no returns !! What a **************** he assured us it worked as he said he had only used it at Xmas !! Should have asked to see it working but he said he was in a rush to get out for a family dinner so as trusting as we was brought it and went off with a big smile on our face .. How dishonest and rude some ppl can be Posted Image sorry rant over back to weather GIVE US SOME SNOW please Posted Image

SL, Did you get this from Ebay......?.IF the advert stated Working order Then you are entitled to a full refund, Open a case up...How did you pay him ,Cash or Paypal.?. Ebay rules state if a product is listed working order "It must work". Leave him the most negative feed going on planet Earth and load it up, State what it was purchased for etc. I can't stand people like that (Parasite). Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 5

SL, Did you get this from Ebay......?.IF the advert stated Working order Then you are entitled to a full refund, Open a case up...How did you pay him ,Cash or Paypal.?. Ebay rules state if a product is listed working order "It must work". Leave him the most negative feed going on planet Earth and load it up, State what it was purchased for etc. I can't stand people like that (Parasite). Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hi no gumtree coz the one we put a bid on eBay was going well above what we could pay so thought ah other sites how stupid never again and paid over £40 cash :( hubby took it to his friends to see what they can do .

Posted

Hi no gumtree coz the one we put a bid on eBay was going well above what we could pay so thought ah other sites how stupid never again and paid over £40 cash Posted Image hubby took it to his friends to see what they can do .

Bugger, Well fingers crossed they can sort it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Dubmuffin, I live around the corner, well a very short drive away and have been there a few times in the last week or so as I was amazed at it, I always use to walk past thinking 'one day I would love to see that full'. I stood there with others taking photos, looking like right tourists.

I had a quick walk down to the grotto end and it looked like the water was just rising up from the ground.

An amazing sight, even the Hog Pit is full, and I think that is where the annual bonfire is held....

Only in Oct/Nov was I with our son collecting conkers running around both areas, not a drop of water in sight!

AW

If it gets really cold, the Hog Pit will be our very own ice rink - or maybe a boating lake in the Summer:)

Edited by dubmuffin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hi no gumtree coz the one we put a bid on eBay was going well above what we could pay so thought ah other sites how stupid never again and paid over £40 cash Posted Image hubby took it to his friends to see what they can do .

Hi Snowlady,  He sounds like a proper git Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I hope your son has a great birthday  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well as no show for snow for little mans birthday tomorrow we did go and pick up a snow machine got back got excited and me being me wanted to try it out .... WON'T work so e mailed the person and guess what his reply was sold as seen no returns !! What a **************** he assured us it worked as he said he had only used it at Xmas !! Should have asked to see it working but he said he was in a rush to get out for a family dinner so as trusting as we was brought it and went off with a big smile on our face .. How dishonest and rude some ppl can be :( sorry rant over back to weather GIVE US SOME SNOW please :)

There are some scum bags in this world, makes you wonder how some people sleep at night! I hope you can get it fixed and the little man enjoys his birthday - hopefully he will get some real stuff to play in soon :-) Just looked at the weather for next week and it's unlikely to snow where I'm going - average temperature is around 20c so bring it on !
  • Like 6

Posted

Well as no show for snow for little mans birthday tomorrow we did go and pick up a snow machine got back got excited and me being me wanted to try it out .... WON'T work so e mailed the person and guess what his reply was sold as seen no returns !! What a **************** he assured us it worked as he said he had only used it at Xmas !! Should have asked to see it working but he said he was in a rush to get out for a family dinner so as trusting as we was brought it and went off with a big smile on our face .. How dishonest and rude some ppl can be Posted Image sorry rant over back to weather GIVE US SOME SNOW please Posted Image

So sorry to hear that, what a huge disappointment, poor you. These people are truly awful - you can forward all of our comments to them just so they know how low this bunch of people think they are. Gits. Anyway, I know you'll make a great day out of it anyway. I once burst into tears at Disneyland when we thought Pluto was due at the special breakfast we booked, which was our son's only Disney character he cared about and craved, and of course no Pluto; he had a whale of a time chasing two of the other characters and didn't even notice Pluto wasn't there, still remembers it. And anyway, as to the snow, if we all wish for it enough, it will come, eventually....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening

One thing

The ECM control run, I want it more than anything in the world Posted Image

Double figure negative maxima for Holland so it must be frigid here too.

• Like 5

Posted

Really sorry to hear that Snowlady and I hope you can get the snow machine working in time for the little un's birthday. Sadly Gumtree and Craiglist are regularly flagged up as a scammers paradise on some of the websites I frequent.Posted Image

Sounds as though parts of Sussex and Surrey suffered badly earlier today with yet more flooding. When will it end ?

• Like 3

Posted

Posted Image That's some hailstone storm.It brings Lisbon to a standstill!

Posted Image

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/severe-hailstorm-batters-lisbon-area-174711738.html

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 3

Posted

no fax updates yet

will do them when in

i just read the mod thread

and headline news

gfs goes zonal in fi Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 5

Posted

tuesday

Posted Image

a weak south westerly

Posted Image

temps look chilly around 5-6 degrees

some heavy rain during the day

and could become persistant

edit

everything has been pushed further west on this fax

would tally in with what ukmo showed earlier

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to follow

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

If the fax is even anything close to the 12z ukmo

Then I know your gonna ramp mate

West hint gives it away

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1

Posted

Come on high pressure..you know you want to come for a visit and push the Atlantic back where it should be!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

no fax updates yet

will do them when in

i just read the mod thread

and headline news

gfs goes zonal in fi Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Whats new it nearly always does lol.

• Like 1

Posted

120 fax chart

Posted Image

Posted Image

at present the fax chart at 120

is the same as ukmo

infact the high pressure to our north east-east is 1028 on the fax as opposed to 1025 on ukmo

the big issue on here which looks concerning

lots of rain

and slow moving and heavy

temps

Posted Image

cold

around 5-6 degrees and will drop in the heavier precipitation

there will be a wind change when the low goes through

could see something winry when i does

so as this matches wih ukmo

we see this

Posted Image

Posted Image

a cold easterly flow

now the fax may show this pattern furher west tomorrow night

would see very cold uppers if that happens

with precipitaion in the mix

snow may be seen but need tomorrow nights runs to be sure

fingers crossed we may see something

even if a few flakes for now

####################################

sorry re spelling

t sticking again

• Like 5

Posted

Southernman has some friends here he talks to occassionally, though he isn't as chatty as me, just to let you know, he was taken ill this afternoon and they think he has had a kind of mini-stroke, they are giving him a scan on Tuesday to confirm it.

Bad news.I am wondering how much more we have to go through.