Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Bloody hell JennyJane.

We all get times when it seems like the entire world is against us. It will stop at some point, honest.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 2

Posted

hi jenny

sorry to hear that

please pass on my best regards if you make contact

regards

john

Thanks, John, he lives with me, so I'll let him know.

Bloody hell JennyJane.

We all get times when it seems like the entire world is against us. It will stop at some point, honest.

I'm holding onto that it wasn't a fullblown stroke, it was a thing called a TIA, it was over within an hour but can still have serious consequences, but it could initially have been far worse.

Posted

sorry jenny

silly post by mePosted Image

should have said when you make contact

thankyou

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm holding onto that it wasn't a fullblown stroke, it was a thing called a TIA, it was over within an hour but can still have serious consequences, but it could initially have been far worse.

I hope he pulls through ok. Never good when someone has a stroke no matter how minor they are. Just hope that it was it and he will be on the mend in no time :)

• Like 1

Posted

Anyway, I don't want to make everyone miserable so what's this about snow reading back?

I hope he pulls through ok. Never good when someone has a stroke no matter how minor they are. Just hope that it was it and he will be on the mend in no time Posted Image

thanks cs, we will know more after the scan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Southernman has some friends here he talks to occassionally, though he isn't as chatty as me, just to let you know, he was taken ill this afternoon and they think he has had a kind of mini-stroke, they are giving him a scan on Tuesday to confirm it.

Bad news.I am wondering how much more we have to go through.

Sorry to hear that JennyJane. :( 

The 'hunt for snow' is put into perspective - there are so many more important things in life. I like snow to fall here, but it's really fallen in my priorities, since my teenage years.

Best wishes. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Much less serious, though he'll doubtless be advised on lifestyle changes as regards diet, stress, exercise, etc that it's important for him to stick to. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

JJ1 (HUGS) is all I can say

Belieive it or not but it remains dry here, I know, unheard of conditions in recent months.

• Like 1

Posted

Southernman has some friends here he talks to occassionally, though he isn't as chatty as me, just to let you know, he was taken ill this afternoon and they think he has had a kind of mini-stroke, they are giving him a scan on Tuesday to confirm it. Bad news.I am wondering how much more we have to go through.

Please pass on our best wishes and hope everything works out ok, keep thinking positive and rest assured that this countries health service is one of the best.Good luck and best wishes.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

suppose to be attending a party tomorrow, lack of funds mean it is just corporeal only for me as it is a self supply event, oh well another night in will not hurt me.

Posted

nite all Posted ImagePosted Image

take care

be back for the 12z runs

cannot take a whole day of model mayhem

oh and snowbob

i think i may be favourite on the coffee bet tonight Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Southernman has some friends here he talks to occassionally, though he isn't as chatty as me, just to let you know, he was taken ill this afternoon and they think he has had a kind of mini-stroke, they are giving him a scan on Tuesday to confirm it. Bad news.I am wondering how much more we have to go through.

Hello JennyJane and your Southern Man, though he doesn't post here he feels part of this community. Hope all works out, thinking of you bothAS
  • Like 5

Posted

Very sad news regarding the missing boy in Scotland as well. Body found, the search has been called off and his Mother has been detained by police.

Quickly back on topic, it's pouring down here again though hopefully it should be fairly short lived.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Good morning JP. The rainfall in parts of the South East seem to have been concentrated on areas that least need it don't they ?

I am lucky in that I am well away from potential flooding, but I can sympathise with those who are not.

• Like 1

Posted

hi bb

i agree it feels like this rain has been relentless

and as you say seems to be effecting areas that do not need it

thats why i hope the fax and ukmo are right

they will be colder but also would be a lot dryer as well

and would stop this atlantic onslaught at least for a little while

anyway mate i better go to bed now

take care mate

goodnight Posted ImagePosted Image

john

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Have seen many pics of the floods on the Internet from the Surrey areas from Friday flooding, the Cobham area has now flood warnings by the EA, that's where I was stranded on the 24th! all the water coming down from the swollen rivers through Gatwick and leatherhead areas, the Mole runs from those areas towards Cobham and Hersham, the next in line down stream gets this water soon.... the rivers respond so fast in these conditions and rise very quickly.

(also noticed a photo of Cob river Friday very very orangey brown and muddy, not seen this in previous pics, possibly a lot of banks are eroding?? I think much concern with this idea what could happen if it just keeps raining!)

More rain fell than expected Thrs night into Friday morning, then what was seen on the night I think. These things happen and are hard to predict. I was watching the radar last night, and saw the shower train sitting there, and this merged and sat around for hours hitting the same areas, and here I also got a lot of those downpours. A watch is on for our region for more heavy showers/rain (going to post in the heavy rain watch thread now, should be available to read in about an hour)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1

Posted

Firstly sorry to hear your news Jenny Jane 1, I hope you both get better shortly, I am sure with modern medicine and the love and care you both give to each other the healing process will be made quicker.

Nice to see JP still mentioning cold, can't wait for him to get into full ramp mode, got a feeling it won't be long now. Be great to see some dry, cold weather, and who knows eventually the S word might be mentioned, if an easterly transpires the the fabled Thames streamer is always a possibility, then dirty Dartford is transform into a white wonderland. How about that for a ramp.

Its dry and dark out at present, hope everyone has a great day.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

morning all radar  sugg  more  rain o what a  surprise!!

Posted

don't like look of that rain over s/e  could cause more problems  to-day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Our thoughts are with you JennyJane and Southernman. We had a chap at work who recently sufferred a mini stroke after years of stress and bad lifestyle and diet choices. He pulled though without any permanent effects, in fact he became even more full-on and more of a pain in the neck than before!

Weatherwise, i am not even going to look. I hear rain.

Have a great Saturday