Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new thread everyone;

Please use this regional thread to discuss the latest up and coming developments in our area, current local conditions, and enjoy a more general 'chatty' discussion about the weather within the region and also to enjoy reading informative and occasionally humorous posts....all aboard.....

post-10773-0-29999100-1389833983_thumb.j

link to the previous one here...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79046-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-100114/page-42

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/old-fashioned-canadian-winter/19478/

hi mk

does this count

it says london on there Posted Image

hi jason

nice to see

fingers and toes crossed

now i am gone

nite nite Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image

What a better way to start our potentially nice new wintry and hopefully snowy thread,With claims on twits that the ssw has started. I bloomin hope so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79046-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-100114/?p=2896981

That does look interesting, will it still look similar closer to the time, and can it get cold enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Bb, certainly looking like so, expecting some heavy rain showers some downpours sweeping through the region..some thundery I think, hard to say exactly who gets what where but unstable air into the SW heading this way going by GFS!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Lightning

Still southerly 9c /48f, but in another world >>>>>> Shipping Forecast - Issued: 0405 UTC Thu 16 JanWind South or southeast 5 to 7, perhaps gale 8 later. Sea State Moderate or rough. Weather Rain or showers. Visibility Moderate or good.

Thanet Damp and mild atm, slight breeze.

Posted

Morning all.  6.8c here. Has been raining, not sure when it stopped but it's not raining right now. 

No specific plans today other than routine stuff.  Have a good day all you wonderful people in this wonderful thread.

*feeling the love today*

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, will need to catch up with all the lovely stories on here when I get back from work :)

Weather.... er it's cloudy, not raining which is a plus.... for now 

Posted

Morning everyone,

Temperature of 6.4c here this morning and I can't here any rain at the moment so I think that's a good start.

Morning Chris, morning all.

Looks like some of us may be in for a bit of this today:

Posted Image

Rather than go through all the charts again here, my thoughts are on the convective thread:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78838-convective-storm-discussion-22nd-december-2013-2014-onwards/?p=2897050

At least there is the potential for something a little more interesting later today!

• Like 3

Posted

An outside chance of something thundery later today perhaps ?

Possibly more than an outside chance and it's already started on the Somerset border:

post-6667-0-12385300-1389859945_thumb.pn
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning All,

Dull, dull, dull somes up today nicely.  Fingers crossed for storms later (sorry Tamara, Jan and Tom!)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning everyone!

Like the rest of our area, it's dull and currently 7.9 here. Looks like it may be a bit livelier later on.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever they are doing. I am spending the day catching up on paper work - very boring, so a rumble of thunder might be welcome to break up the boredom!

Posted

Robin will be twitching again.Posted Image

Double bubble today! Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It's, er.....cloudy and dull in Ippy. I hope we get some of that BOOM!!!! Coast was on about.

My niece has just breezed off to Paris for a long week-end so I hope she has nice weather. Soooooo, it's just me, The Nipper and cats. Let the good times roll. :D

Have a good day, luvvlies. :)

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Nice and bright here this morning, feels like Friday though for some reason....maybe I'm just trying to hurry the week up so I can go on my holibobs Posted Image

Great job done by the Fire Service and Police yesterday - thank the Lord no-one was injured or killed in the Newport Pagnell fire it was a big one !

http://www.mkfm.com/homepage/mkfm-latest/59373-newport-pagnell-fire.html

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/updated-fire-at-warehouse-in-newport-pagnell-1-5810316

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted

Big blob of rain there missing us luckily over Belgium and Northern France. Lots of very bright speckled bits coming in from the South coast though - give me a nice performance please :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

Do we have any idea what time this potential thunder will come through? Sorry not had a chance to look at the charts etc,,,,,

Posted

Still southerly 9c /48f, but in another world >>>>>> Shipping Forecast - Issued: 0405 UTC Thu 16 Jan

Wind South or southeast 5 to 7, perhaps gale 8 later. Sea State Moderate or rough. Weather Rain or showers. Visibility Moderate or good.

Thanet Damp and mild atm, slight breeze.

Good morning Falcon welcome to the Samaritans sorry we are the caring sharing and happy forum which also has more than its fair share of great weather wise poster's,you have a few on here from THANET,I lived in Ramsgate for quite a few years and worked most of my life at Pfizers,until being made redundant a couple of years ago.Looks like you may have joined just in time for a big change in weather.Any questions just post your question and it will be answered.  Welcome.  Chris

Posted

Morning all,

Do we have any idea what time this potential thunder will come through? Sorry not had a chance to look at the charts etc,,,,,

Morning Lloyd, lunchtime onwards I imagine. I haven't looked a the strength of the upper winds yet, but as Surrey posted, front is going West to East and showers to the North East direction, which is OK as they are sparking off over Normandy at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3