Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Indeed i love these mornings myself only wish it was colder and we were in a spell of frosty weather. Hopefully next winter those spells will return. Last nights low -0.3c only my 3rd air frost of this dire winter.

Posted

Time for this ridiculous snow free ( apart from NW recently) winter to end. Total failure were cold is involved. It's just one endless season in this country. Rain,wind,odd dry period followed by more rain. O I wished I lived in america for seasonal weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yellow warning for heavy rain in parts of northern Ireland from 19:00 tonight to 06:00 tomorrow

Issued at: 1643 on Mon 17 Feb 2014

Valid from: 1900 on Mon 17 Feb 2014

Valid to: 0600 on Tue 18 Feb 2014

Periods of heavy rain are expected across some southern and western parts of Northern Ireland on Monday evening lasting into the early hours of Tuesday. Given the wet ground, the public should be aware that this could lead to some localised flooding.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A small area of low pressure that is developing over Ireland will drift slowly north across Northern Ireland this evening and overnight. Some heavy rain is likely to develop in association with this feature. 10-15 mm likely quite widely with as much as 20-25 mm possible, more especially in County Fermanagh. Much of this could fall within a 6 to 9 hour period but should ease later on Monday night.

Areas with the warning

County Armagh, County Tyrone, County Fermanagh

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1392595200&regionName=ni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Feeling quite mild out, a touch of Spring in the air.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Feeling quite mild out, a touch of Spring in the air.

Indeed .. a lovely day here too .. robins and song thrush singing , sun shining .. and a load of trees to plant !

Posted

No it's not cold! Just goes to show how woeful our winter is if we think tonight is cold! Trying to get excited by that! God is this were we have ended up! Lol!!

Posted

2 degrees in pomeroy at 2200 hrs in mid feb in winter is really not cold! Have we gone soft! I would put the heating on pomeroy! It's really not cold in truth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

There might be some interest reg. Snow on friday morning looking at euro 4 precipitation at 48 hrs the south,south east and possibly south wicklow showing snow.depends on the track of that low preasure system,it could be close and elevation above 150 mtrs could have covering

Posted

Looking like a slight risk of snow for the south tonight. Any elevation should help. Might plan a little hill walking on the Galtees for SaturdayPosted Image

Posted

Awoke at 2am this morning and decided to stick my head around the curtain. There was a nice covering of snow on the grass and cars. Went back to bed and a few minutes later heard rain against the window and of course it was gone this morning. Neighbour thought I must have been dreaming! Helps that I have a little elevation here at c.140m above sea level.

• Like 1

Posted

Awoke at 2am this morning and decided to stick my head around the curtain. There was a nice covering of snow on the grass and cars. Went back to bed and a few minutes later heard rain against the window and of course it was gone this morning. Neighbour thought I must have been dreaming! Helps that I have a little elevation here at c.140m above sea level.

Galtees are looking nice today at least. I was up at 8am this morning, but nothing lying below 250m I reckon.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Beautiful Aurora over The Giant's Causeway, Co. Antrim:

Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

That is stunning! Never got to see aurora in my few decades on this planet!

Posted

Max temp today here was 13.7c,warmest day so far this yr although cloudy all day. Looking forward to the HP spell next week, dry weather at last on the way for most and perhaps all of next week.

After the winter we have just had this is a chart i dont mind seeing Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hi everyone.  Just popped in to see how things are back in Ireland. The hottest day here so far in Spain has been 26 degrees but it's now settled into a pattern (at least for the next week) of cloudless blue skies, blazing sun and moderate temps (low 20s), which feels warmer in the sun.  It's still chilly at night.  I can assure you I'm not missing the cold and wet in the slightest!  I hope you get your sunny and settled weather soon.

That's a marvellous pic of the aurora.

Posted

Beautiful day here in south Tipp. Blue skies, a light breeze and 12C. Actually feels a little warm in the sun!

Posted

Temps in the mid teens next week possibly.

Posted Image

Posted

Lovely day and especially the morning with the cycle to work so refreshing! Clear frosty night now, níl aon scammal sa spéir!!!

Posted

Everyone too busy enjoying the long awaited nice weather to post?

Beautiful conditions, frosty/foggy morning and blue skies through the day.

I wonder how high the temps will go during the week. perhaps an 18C in the odd spot?