Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still snowing here. Stuck a ruler in the snow (lol) and got a measurement of 6 inches. Hate the fact its to rain tomorrow :(

• Like 3

Posted

Still snowing here. Stuck a ruler in the snow (lol) and got a measurement of 6 inches. Hate the fact its to rain tomorrow :(.

Going by the bbc forecast earlier there still a good chance of snow in the west tomorrow, might not thaw fully

Posted

Going by the bbc forecast earlier there still a good chance of snow in the west tomorrow, might not thaw fully

On their website it says sleet here in the morning, then heavy rain all day. Snow showers at night. Will just have to see I guess. It has stopped snowing here for now. Radar showing sleet. It can stained glass window off!

Posted

Is this current blob the last of tonights snow? I can't sleep as I'm constantly looking out the window lol. Half expecting the school here to be closed tomorrow - they have for less.

Posted

Good luck to you all today, especially those in Cork and Kerry.  Amazingly, my ferry is still posted as sailing, albeit delayed, but the problem's going to be getting there at all.  The weather conditions Wicklow to Wexford look atrocious.

There was a sprinkling of settled snow overnight here but it's gone now. It hardly matched up to the spectacular amounts in the NW.

Posted

I think everyone has had the same idea as me today - looked outside and decided on a snow day lol. Not a being about, no one away to school even though no one has a notion if its opened or closed. 

Just as Ive been typing this Ive began to hear a few gusts.

Posted

was snowing heavy here at 2.15am with around an inch on the ground. by 8.30 it was all washed away. heavy sleet all morning. mountains will get a serious dump from this but prob only above 300-350mts.

Posted

Gusts of 131 kph recorded, justifies the red alert issued by Met Eireann, with more to come. Thank God this thing is moving through quickly.

Posted

Gusts of 131 kph recorded, justifies the red alert issued by Met Eireann, with more to come. Thank God this thing is moving through quickly.

Where was that recorded?

Posted

Funnels reported in Roscommon according to met on RTE lunchtime news

Wow, just seen Kinsale energy has recorded a 177kph gust. That is just phenomenal stuff. Very heavy rain falling here now, wind really getting up too.

Edited by Rocheydub