Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Monday night could see some prolonged snow for a time after rain. Something to watch.

Yep, with plenty of sleet and snow showers on Tuesday. Could be some big accumulations of the mountains!

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted

And some more opportunities through next week for some frontal snow as well. Could be the most interesting week from a cold perspective of the winter so far. Which says a lot!

Posted

Very quiet in here considering the chance we have of seeing some of the white stuff this week and if the GFS is to believed then there could be some substantial snow for some areas. I won't hold my breath but considering the let downs we have had this winter.

Posted

Very rare to see any lying Snow from a Westerly, best I can see is brief interludes of -6c uppers with heavily modified air from the Atlantic, I don't buy those GFS charts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

was driving home to portstewart from limavady a hour or 2 ago and it was snowing up on the mountain proper snow i tried to take pics but they didn't really come out

• Like 1

Posted

hi guys..

further outlook from met eireann looks very wintry. possible upgrades on the way?

Outlook

The rest of this week will be rather cold, changeable and unsettled. 
Cold and frosty Tuesday night with some wintry showers still possible. 
Extremely windy or possibly storm conditions are likely on Wednesday ,with heavy rain or sleet, and risk of local flooding. 
Some structural damage is also possible. The exact track of the approaching low pressure is still not certain, so keep in tune with updates. 
Very cold conditions will set in later Wednesday and overnight with wintry showers returning in places. Frost will develop overnight, as winds moderate, with some icy patches. 
Thursday will be a cool, bright and breezy day with a mix of bright sunny spells and scattered wintry showers. Frosty Thursday night also. 
Staying cold and changeable over the following days with potential for frosty nights.

Posted

Looks like the snow potential for Wednesday has been replaced with another potentially damaging storm. Definitely something to keep an eye on

Posted Image

Posted

A pretty decent snow event starting to show its hand for Saturday morning now, two GFS runs in a row showing supreme potential on top of a generally wintery week ahead.

Posted

In the meantime, the ECM and NMM open a can of whoop-ass on southern counties on Wednesday!

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I try not to invest too much hope in those charts. Often leads to disappointment lol.

The radar is showing some sleet in the band of precipitation moving in. Any chance of it turning into snow or will it be tomorrow? 

Posted

Snow in Ulster at lower levels but on higher ground everywhere else imo, this storm track looks very interesting, UKMO keep it south of us but others have it further north bring severe gusts to Southern areas

Posted

There's a lot it moisture showing up on radar at minute juuyko heading north east by the looks of it from the south west!!

Hopefully some snow for us!!

It's chilly here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

There's a lot it moisture showing up on radar at minute juuyko heading north east by the looks of it from the south west!!Hopefully some snow for us!!It's chilly here!!

Yeah, its just hovering above zero here with dew point just below that. I'm impatient lol!

Posted

Weegaz can you put a location on your profile so we all know where you are at. Definitely an interesting week coming up! I reckon a wee drive is on the cards tomorrow. Maybe out towards Banagher Glen and the Sperrins.

PS. Welcome to the forum Gaz

Edited by ronan
  • Like 1

Posted

GFS still keen on 6am snowfall even though Met Office not going for it...

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20140210/18/12/prectypeuktopo.png

and then snow showers throughout the day.

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20140210/18/24/prectypeuktopo.png

Edited by mountain shadow