Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Temp down to 2.4c here now,hopefully i might see a bit of snow later in the night.

Posted

First day this winter I have looked at the rainfall radar.. just to see if the stuff falling your way might make it over here.. there is some very heavy precipitation showing in parts and the reason why some are seeing rain and some snow is due to the intensity of it. In the heaviest bursts evaporative cooling takes hold - but once the heavy stuff clears temps rise due to limited evaporative cooling.

Pleased to note some are seeing snow in Ireland.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Its snowing now here atm. Temp 1.3c

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy, face stinging sleet here in west Limerick, wind getting up in the last half hour or so.

Posted

Precipitation easing off here now. Nothing but heavy rain as far as I could see. I'll see what the 5am wake up for work will bring me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting

Heavy snow here

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing quite heavy in Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim. Cars and street white now, finally nice to see.

• Like 1

Posted

Very heavy snow here in Antrim town.  Good covering now to.  Was heavy rain previously,  got a covering very quickly still coming down thick and fast

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing heavy here in east belfast ... lying on wet cars and grass....that'll prob be the height of it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

just back from near Dungannon .. snow falling and lying and thawing all at the same time . Amazingly heavy snow near Dungannon .. now a sleety drizzle at home . Great fun driving on virgin snow with a slushy base and a few steep slopes ... best winter hour of this or last year !

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing very heavily here as well - Newtownabbey just above the Monkstown/Jordanstown area. Lying too. Hadn't even looked near the weather this evening and only noticed when passing a window in the house so nice wee surprise!

• Like 1

Posted

Amazed I honestly didn't expect it to settle but a good covering and still snowing heavily!!

Posted

Yep I'm happy. I'm getting my snow fix. Granted it will be over very shortly. Move onto the storm tomorrow and during next week now. Any more snow this year a bonus.