Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Bish....Just BRILLIANT!!!! i'm with you on that one.... No words needed ...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

For new posters.... Its like jumping into the lions den.. Not 'Snow grain' ...for sure.... fair playPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=SK13&locationID=60376&lat=53.4&lon=-2&findtype=

40mm sleet/ cold rain/ snow? Its only for tomorrow but how wrong will this forecast be? Its meant to be from gfs 12z...for one thing the precip will not be that heavy....so many times have the precip levels been massively downgraded for up here the run before t0z.....

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Currently -1.4c here. S/W 4mph.

Bish....Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudy all evening here and hovering around 2.5c, in the meantime seems the 18z has thrown a nice upgrade RE Thursday, much more amplified and possible back edge snow on the front maybe?, praying the 00z continues this trend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cloudy all evening here and hovering around 2.5c, in the meantime seems the 18z has thrown a nice upgrade RE Thursday, much more amplified and possible back edge snow on the front maybe?, praying the 00z continues this trend.

18Z way better for friday, less progressive than 12Z, gives us a dry day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Very foggy here in longbridge!...

looking through the 00z on my break at work, and to my untrained eye id say it was pretty close to the 18z? in high resolution anyway. 

into low res... and again, not bad, flirtations with milder interludes but those -5 uppers are never to far from our shores..

I would say that it is still game on, especially in the shorter time frames, obviously caution is needed. but with 2 gfs runs showing similar patterns I would say we are getting closer to some 'seasonal' weather shall we say.

Will be interesting to see what today brings, not that I will see them till later because ill be asleep!

Probably a good thing that I will be asleep today as I think there will be a few more ups and downs, and that mad(mod) thread gets very stressful for someone who is still learning!

Have a great days ladies and gents!

Edit:

Actually id say the low res on this gfs is better than the previous run?

Edited by hammy
  • Like 2

Posted

Very foggy here this morning, although it seems to be slowly clearing now. Currently 0.5c following an overnight low of -2.3c

Bish

Posted

Similar here Bish, very foggy early, but just a light frost. Fog now lifting and some hazy sunshine evident.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny spells this afternoon here now the Fog has lifted, feels chilly in the breeze, at work but i would guess 3/4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Can definitely see the nighttime change now. Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - Past 24 hours

2 - Past 25-48 hours

3 - Past 49-72 hours

Posted

Looks like the soggy Friday is back on the cards again now, everything beyond then anyone's guess.

In the meantime Thursday morning looks rather confusing, the fairly chilly upper's and fairly intense precipitation must have some backedge snow in it surely? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well things starting to look a little more interesting as we head towards the end of the week....after only having a 15 min snow shower all winter im liking the idea of any type of snow falling from the sky...but think we could be in for a win come months end/Feb time but i would take anything at the moment...will check back in later after ive watched the mighty West Ham win 7-0 and stun the world of football....lol...

• Like 1

Posted

Started sleety at 2c now 3c and hammering it down in strong gusty wind.....brrrrr cold rain....

Edit = Yuck.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

I've tried to avoid being negative so far but I'm very close to throwing the towel in.  that sodding PV just does not want to shift, and that slug to the south west is a season ticket holder this winter.

Posted

Just popping my head in just to see what's happening and to change the rain guage over for yet another new one.

Usual stuff in the model thread. Atlantic still powering on. Might be a cold spell. Probably won't.

Ok then...

..as you were.

See ya laters!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

Bleurgh the charts can't help themselves can they ribbing us with every possible downgrade to blandsville possible even in the 48hrs timeframe, was hoping Thursday's low would get more and more amplified and maybe give backedge wintriness but in true form instead it's now rapidly downgrading and flattening being pushed further north Posted Image

Edited by conor123

Posted

I love the fact bbc have glossops nearest weather station for latest data is Leek..... Hahaha.... Im 23 miles from Leek....very local.....im 4c leek 6/7c..... Oh well....

Even so its raining so doesnt matter.....

Posted

A dull damp foggy morning here.

Posted

Foggy, but signs of the blue sky beyond. Relatively little rain last night, which is good.