Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A short spell of heavy snow around 1100, mixed in with longer spells of light snow, has given a 3cm covering here. The temperature hasn't moved much from this morning's value of -0.4c so all the trees are nicely covered too. 

• Like 1

Posted

Arhh, so like where I am now (only this house is no where near as old!!), may as well chuck £10 notes out of the window trying to heat it at the moment! For once I am thankful the winter has been "mild" Posted Image Back to the weather, not a lot going on here, handful of snowflakes earlier and now a lull. Calm before the next storm me thinks?

Edited by drgl
  • Like 1

Posted

Just a few flurries in the wind but in the wind blooming cold stayed at 0c so far overcast was nice and sunny with blue skies and snowy looking clouds first thing.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Slight covering here with snow showers on and off.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We ended up with just a couple of flurries of snow here which didn't settle, that followed by leaden grey skies and now, thick hill fog. Miserable. Glad for those of you who got the white stuff. I grew up in Australia and had never seen the snow until moving to the UK, so I am always stupidly excited when I see it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Sorry peeps! couldn't help myself..but erm yes this is somewhere in Sweden  Posted Image

Posted Image

Rimini..Italy! aaaarggghhh stop stop.

Posted Image

We can only dream........................

Posted

Its snowed quite heavily in the past hour, now the surfaces have a thin layer of slushy snow. Quite surprised at how much its snowed today, its really been sine aroumd 9.30am - some heavy bursts with big flakes, some drizzly snow but its certainly been a constant feature.

• Like 2

Posted

50 p flakes falling heavy now, around 4cm covering with no green left in sight, It actually feels and looks like Winter !

Temp 0.3c

Dp -0.4c

Wind Chill -1.2c N/E 4mph

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 6

Posted

50 p flakes falling heavy now, around 4cm covering with no green left in sight, It actually feels and looks like Winter !

Temp 0.3c

Dp -0.4c

Wind Chill -1.2c N/E 4mph

great, just come back from Litton, and  Tideswell, plenty of white stuff up there, and part of my job to drive around, fab.

looks like some to come on radar, nothing down here though in Matlock.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's been snowing on and off all day but nothing settled here, and I wouldn't expect it to considering the marginal situation which has brought the snow. Still, it's nice to see snow falling after such a long wait.

Was raining about half hour ago but not looked since to see if it's reverted back to snow. 

Some strong winds look likely over the weekend on GFS 12z!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well after this mornings excitement the rest of the day went downhill damp driselly and cold.

Posted

Still showers here of mainly light snow, but sometimes turning moderate for short periods of time.

Temp 0.3c

Dp -0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Rain turning to sleet here as the temperature drops. Bits of snow in it. Damp and cold, not got above 3C all day

Posted

A fair bit precipitation coming up from the south east hope it keeps intensifying and makes it to the mids :)

• Like 1

Posted

Persistent Moderate snow here now.

Posted

A fair bit precipitation coming up from the south east hope it keeps intensifying and makes it to the mids Posted Image

If it's coming from the SE I don't hold out much hope, it's been just rain and 3-5C down there all day. For some reason Notts/Derbyshire area seems to have had the coldest air instead. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just incase the recovered Solihull snow shield repels that stuff moving up from the South-East, personally hoping some of the possible wintry showers expected for the weekend will reach here. Had slept through the white stuff this morning thinking it was going to be dry instead. :/

• Like 1

Posted

Good to see some decent falling snow at last. However, after what has clearly been the most wintry day of the winter so far, the end result is the same...a sopping wet ground!

But shouldn't grumble...have remembered from all those awful winters from the past that you have to take what you can get. These small victories do mean something during a winter like this. If anything, this winter has been a healthy bump back down to Earth. Lowered expectations aren't always a bad thing. Might help to give me a more sober approach to next winter! Of course we might get the most amazing snowstorm of the century during February helping me instead to have incredibly distorted and misjudged views of what weather we should get during a Midlands winter!

Now...when's that first Spanish Plume going to happen?!Posted Image

Edited by Gord
  • Like 3