Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Mod sleet/rain, Temp 1.1c, Dp 0.5c, Wind Chill -2.7c

Posted

Well that was a bit of a damp squib! MetO last night had heavy snow forecast for my area at 3am (light snow 1&6am) I got up at 2am and 3.30am to clear skies. No sign at all this morning if it snowed after that.

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing but rain here last night and 5c now, seems my cynical view for the week is increasingly looking like it was right all along, no sub -4 upper's and Atlantic rolling back in Friday, roll on Spring.

Posted

Nothing but rain here last night and 5c now, seems my cynical view for the week is increasingly looking like it was right all along, no sub -4 upper's and Atlantic rolling back in Friday, roll on Spring.

Yes C,  After looking at the overnight model runs it's certainly looking poor for any real cold here in the UK over the next week or so, Maybe mid Feb/ March will deliver.. Posted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Mod sleet/rain, Temp 1.1c, Dp 0.5c, Wind Chill -2.7c

Surprised at that, P.M. There's a light dusting of snow here down to about 270 m, with earlier showers falling entirely as snow.

Posted

Apparently there was a little here in the night. Irrelevant to me as I was sleeping and there's just a wet ground now. Argh!

Posted

Nothing here last night either, bar a smattering of rain. I've yet to see a solitary snowflake so far this winter Posted Image

Bish

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Nothing here last night either, bar a smattering of rain. I've yet to see a solitary snowflake so far this winter Posted Image

Bish

Same here. Going out on bike now so bound to rain..... Edited by Fozfoster
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So the hideous winter continues, this will end up as the worst in my lifetime IMO. Certainly the last decade or so. 

The signs are that zonality and atlantic driven weather will continue with no feasible looking cold spell or snowy period looking at all likely anywhere within the timeframe of the current models. Poor, poor, poor. You can guarantee the warming will be felt in April, which would be so typical.

• Like 1

Posted

Surprised at that, P.M. There's a light dusting of snow here down to about 270 m, with earlier showers falling entirely as snow.

After a drive round this morning it does look like we had a slight covering of snow during the early hours as there were the odd patch still remaining here and there, all gone now and rain has eased.

Posted

Considering the forecast for today was for a very showery day there's been no more than a few spots of light rain after the snow showers early a.m.

All traces of lying snow had gone by 1030.

Posted

8C with rain showers, no snow even visible on hills.

All the snow last night at low levels seemed to be south and east of here, not what you'd expect in a NW flow.

Looking round the regional forums, it looks like the city centres of London, Birmingham and Manchester have yet to see a flake between them- wonder when the last time that was the case on Jan 27th?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh another no snow area here also and looking at today's models not much hope for Feb, dramatic changes needed.

Posted

No snow here either, not even on Clee Hill (1700 feet) which I can see from the garden. A pleasant dry afternoon, with some nice winter sunshine.

Posted

Roll on spring/summer. Hopefully we have a record breaking temp summer with lots of Thunderstorms. We deserve it after this terrible boring winter.

Posted

A mostly dry day here with the odd spot of rain, but nothing to wet the ground any more than it is so..Currently 3.8cDp 2.6cWind Chill 3.6c

Roll on spring/summer. Hopefully we have a record breaking temp summer with lots of Thunderstorms. We deserve it after this terrible boring winter.

I have a feeling we could be in for another cold Spring, just a feeling mind... Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Nice clip here lightning strike from the storms of the 25th. Bet that was a shock to see!http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2014/01/27/lightning-strikes-over-shropshire-in-pictures/

I nearly got hit that day while getting into the car, only striking a tree 100 or so yards away, i thought my time was up !

Posted

Ensembles are a crock of rubbish. That takes us up until almost mid February.

I saw... sleet for 10 minutes this morning. The first wintery precipitation seen since late March 2013. That snow lasted for weeks.

Ten minutes of sleet, in a whole winter. 

Posted

Absolutely belting it down again.With rain of course... if it won't snow are we ever going to get a dry spell? It's getting really tiring now, getting wet and muddy every time I go out and surely the dogs feel the same :lol: The garden will be a protected wetland soon at this rate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Heavy burst of rain at around 5.30 here, temp is 4.5oC. Our running total of rainfall for this month is over 140mm now. Posted Image

Posted

Heavy sleet showers in the past hour with the temperature between 2.9c and 3.3c.

Posted

A blustery wet morning here, A very heavy shower with sleet has just subsided, Temp 2.8c, Dp 2.2c, Wind Chill 2.7c.

Posted

So much for the cold week — it's 6.2C here this morning, and wet of course. I just hope that Tamara is right in the model thread. She is the only one helping me to keep the faith right now!

Posted

Heavy burst of rain at around 5.30 here, temp is 4.5oC. Our running total of rainfall for this month is over 140mm now. Posted Image

On the subject of rain, our running total for January is now just over 175mm — very wet for here. Dreadful. There will be people who are truly enjoying the wetness and rain this winter, I wonder who they are.