Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted

Wind picking up and first few spits of rain have arrived. Localized surface flooding has nearly gone, but I suspect it will be slightly different by tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Was a very pleasant day today in Stourbridge. Cornwall getting battered again tomorrow. Next week looking rough at times too. C'mon Spring, you gave a very little taste of it today! Saw a few snowdrops in the woods today whilst walking the dog. Posted Image

Some Daffodils on sale in Cornwall last week. :) Will be really flowering soon.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Highest gust so far is 58 mph at 2355. Light-moderate rain at the moment but plenty more to come by the look of the radar.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy showers with hail and gusty winds reaching 63mph.

Temp 3.3c

Dp 2.5c

Wind Chill -0.3c, South 17mph

Posted

Beautiful clear morning without a cloud in sight, but already very gusty. This afternoon and evening may well be the windiest spell of the winter so far, judging by the forecasts.

Temp is currently 6.1c

Bish

Posted

Just got back with muddy dog for the umpteenth time this winter. Very nice out, but cold in the gusts. Ground in fields is terrible, just wringing wet, and lots of "streams" in fields that are normally dry. We didn't even have much rain overnight either.

Posted

Well after a week away from looking at what the weather is going to bring (not my choice this time...I'm a teacher and we've had Ofsted in at school meaning I've been working 16 hour days instead of my normal 12!)...I can see (and hear down my chimney right now!) that the unsettled theme is continuing.

Spots of interest for snow again I see in the coming week. But over the past few weeks there's been these little snippets of interest for something wintry...and hardly any of them have materalised, and if they have...it's just been wet falling snow.

So um....yeah! That's it really!

Posted

Really starting to blow now, it's been getting progressively windier since about half past ten this morning. Starting to cloud over as well.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Strong winds do not interest me one bit, what's so exciting about trees moving and litter/leaves blowing around

Posted

Strong winds do not interest me one bit, what's so exciting about trees moving and litter/leaves blowing around

It gets more interesting when heavy rain gets involved as well, which looks like being the case shortly for some of us.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Disagree Bish, even worse, but maybe more interesting near a coast, sea foam was quite interesting during child of nadine 25th Sep '12 at Aberdeen

Posted

It gets more interesting when heavy rain gets involved as well, which looks like being the case shortly for some of us.

Bish

Yes Bish, Rain moving in here now with winds gusting 68mph earlyer. 

Thanks god I don't suffer from litter round here..  I can watch mother nature in it's true form  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

new thread coming soon folks

Posted

Best gust here so far was 46 mph, not seen anything higher this winter. 965.5 mb, 8.4 c and squally rain at the moment.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!