IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Its raining now had just over an hour worth of snow so cant complain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We had about ten minutes of snow, first flakes of the winter although they were very wet. Raining here again now, such a miserable day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I think judging by the radar we are in for an interesting day. Any heavier bursts could see snow down to lower levels. Quite a lot of action over the east thats growing in strength

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Big lump towards Grantham way spreading NW..

I recall another big lump from Grantham..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Near Blizzard conditions here in the peaks....big fluffy white flakes...just had to go outside in it and feel the snow on my skin....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Its raining now had just over an hour worth of snow so cant complain

wooo. an whole hour of snow for the whole winter.  aren't we lucky?lol

Posted

wooo. an whole hour of snow for the whole winter.  aren't we lucky?lol

It will come in Spring don't fear!

I have known a fair few virtually snowless Winters..almost always followed by some March or April action.

Posted

Had a lovely burst of heavy snow, took my toddler outside to see it (the first snow shes known!) And she was mesmerised - must follow her mum! Well its still snowing lightly here, but what we have had has made my day :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

...took my Autistic son out in the heavier stuff and he was screaming and trying to catch the flakes...the magic of snow can reach everybody.

Cor, not going to lie, but that just gave me a lump in my throat.

I thoroughly agree, snow is magic. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

It will come in Spring don't fear!

I have known a fair few virtually snowless Winters..almost always followed by some March or April action.

i am sure you are right.  but in my eyes March and April are far too late for any proper snow.  Yes it will fall but the likelihood of it sticking or even lying for more than a few hours is very rare.  I love the winter usually and it is ridiculous that we tend to get the cold when it should be getting warmer in the Spring.  Roll on the summer now.  Sick of this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

im going in work an hour late in hope of seeing some snow bet it wont happen :(

Posted

Yes mate, probably why I have a slight distaste for those who hate it! Nothing personal mind but even if it's for the nippers to enjoy then so be it....we were all kids once Posted Image

Stopped now but looking at some forecasts, a few surprises could be in store for some. Really is knife edge stuff, which makes it all the more intriguing..

Snow is for kids of all ages....even 37 year old ones....i cant understand how anybody could have a dislike for the white fluffy magical stuff.....last march we had a 4 day Blizzard up here and i barely slept from being so excited....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Snow is for kids of all ages....even 37 year old ones....i cant understand how anybody could have a dislike for the white fluffy magical stuff.....last march we had a 4 day Blizzard up here and i barely slept from being so excited....

LOL and 50 year old ones
  • Like 2

Posted

i am sure you are right.  but in my eyes March and April are far too late for any proper snow.  Yes it will fall but the likelihood of it sticking or even lying for more than a few hours is very rare.  I love the winter usually and it is ridiculous that we tend to get the cold when it should be getting warmer in the Spring.  Roll on the summer now.  Sick of this winter.

I understand what your saying but certainly where i live in Nottingham, our best snow of 2013 was on March the 20th. Virtually snowed non stop for 24 hours making for a snow fest on the saturday although had gone a few days later. Get the right conditions & you get decent snow in March & isn't the stat your more likely to have a white easter than white xmas.

However I know what you mean, December & January the traditional winter months have been very poor this year if its cold & snow your after & the signs for Feb aren't looking too great either. Lets hope this winter really does have a sting in its tale from a cold prospective, the whole rain & wind is getting boring now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Good to hear most have had some light to moderate snow this morning. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i totaly agree i do enjoy snow, i'm nearly 36 and i admit on this publick forum when snows forecast i will every now and then stick my hand out the window to c if anything's falling out of the skys isn't that sad of me? It goes to show how crap this winters been so far when lot of us r happy just to c even a bit of slete.

• Like 2

Posted

heavier snow falling again here....brilliant stuff today. hoping for some more surprise falls over the next 48hrs or so....

• Like 4

Posted

heavier snow falling again here....brilliant stuff today. hoping for some more surprise falls over the next 48hrs or so....

Enjoy, is that your house in your Avatar btw? Looks very nice :)

• Like 1

Posted

Enjoy, is that your house in your Avatar btw? Looks very nice Posted Image

It was my house but have moved to a town now as my old village had no shops or anything and last winter/spring was very hard on my family (3 boys under 8 years old) the house is in a village called Brassington it is the oldest house in the village at 398 years old...very drafty in the winter!!!!

• Like 1