Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Goodness, I'm not far from you and it is pure rain here with a temp of 5 and a dp of 4! Must be a real variation in temps locally.

He is higher up in Rugby which is probably enough to sway it, plus further east into the colder air.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Cold patchy rain and sleet when its heavier but overall rain with the first east wind of the winter,be lucky to see an frost now unless the cloud clears.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1817.html

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Moderate rain falling here, and I do mean rain, not a trace of sleetiness. It's 3.3oC. Grrr.

Posted

Rain again here, Severn is up on the fields now.

Just checked xcweather and it's 4-5C with 3C dewpoints in East Anglia and the SE, not very cold this easterly.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

Not sure whether I should be in this group or the SW and southern?

Either way it's gloomy, cold and drizzling. Currently 2.8C

Edited by Drew

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

BBC News 24 channel is doing special reports on this winter's weather all day tomorrow. I don't need it, I can look out the window thanks very much. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well at least u seen some falling snow gordon. 

Sadly, looks like showers are fading before they get here. Just broken cloud coming across now. Wasn't expecting much anyway. At least I've seen a bit of falling snow this winter. (Slept through the other one earlier in the month...though was up early enough to see the dusting it had left)

Posted

Turned cold, grey and wet here. Most of day was OK, and DRY — I love that word!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Rain again here, Severn is up on the fields now.

Just checked xcweather and it's 4-5C with 3C dewpoints in East Anglia and the SE, not very cold this easterly.

its not cold at all, not really an 'easterly' just as low pressure moves away, its sourced over the med anyway

Posted

Typically, tomorrow is the coldest day, and not a single drip of precipitation is forecast to fall.Just noticed that we have a sleet icon for Saturday at 3am in the morning. I won't be getting up to see if it happens — if it was snow I would.

disagree, tomorrow looks quite wet, bbc gives me rain near enough all day, today wasnt too bad, tomorrow i expect fairly wet

Posted

Meanwhile even Atlanta, South Carolina and the Florida panhandle have had a winter storm with sub zero temps freezing rain and snow!!

Glad I stuck to my cynical approach regarding this cold spell all along, I still maintain that sub -5 upper's won't touch us once this winter, first (and only?) sub 5c day tomorrow? 

• Like 1

Posted

-5 uppers we may get in March, I have written Feb off as a snowless month under 200m, still time for a decent march and april

Posted

Drizzle stopped 1c hills cloud covered/foggy.....im guessing could be freezing fog here tonight....

Right off down pub for thai and football...

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Simply disgusting out there. Cold rain, raw easterly wind. Everything is just getting more and more soppy. Just horrible.

Posted

Meanwhile even Atlanta, South Carolina and the Florida panhandle have had a winter storm with sub zero temps freezing rain and snow!!

And Alaska is green .....http://www.adn.com/2014/01/28/3296179/record-warmth-and-confused-plants.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

what a disgusting day. Cold crap and rainy all day today. Slete? What slete? This is the super dupertyest winter i've knone synce thos crappy winters which were labled as the moddon winters. Although the w2006-2007 was bad at least here in brum we did get a cuppal of snowfalls.

Posted

what a disgusting day. Cold crap and rainy all day today. Slete? What slete? This is the super dupertyest winter i've knone synce thos crappy winters which were labled as the moddon winters. Although the w2006-2007 was bad at least here in brum we did get a cuppal of snowfalls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It comes to something when the most exciting event this winter with regards to snow is the appearance of a sleet symbol on my phone for the first time! Yes, my phone is showing sleet from 7am tomorrow for a few hours. That's as good as it gets!

• Like 4

Posted

I couldn't care two hoots about Villa. I don't have any feeling for them whatsoever. Don't ever get me started on Leeds United.I think my wife has a cousin who used to play for Blackpool and is now at Birmingham City though. Haven't really been following his progress. He is a starter, number 4 - centre back and Welsh. Scored a couple of goals for Blackpool in the prem, launched one from 30 yards out against Everton.

Here - 1.7C, light rain. Nothing to get terribly excited about.

Posted

Radar looking empty now. Think the tiny window of opportunity for snow has gone. On the bright side, should now mean a dry day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Actual light snow seen here light grains but definately snow its sad that this is the best snow action of the winter lol, good morning all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Currently temp is still dropping slowly and is at 1.8°C, looking on the "snow radar", a few areas of Birmingham have what looks like snow, but then you move a few miles over to me and it's light rain. :/