Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Meh, this week looks pants in terms of snow - again, sadly. Sorry to seem negative, but that's the reality. There's more wet than white on the way this week.

Posted

At this moment in time, I'm not expecting much for the week ahead. But things can change so quickly. Been keeping feet firmly stuck to an ever soggy ground.

However, the silver lining is that by the weekend, we still have the whole of February left to run. I can think of quite a few February and beyond cold spells and snow events through my lifetime. So as far as I'm concerned...haven't even considered what size nails I need for the coffin yet!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Was yesterdays big Thunderstorms not good enough for you lot? :lol: 

C'mon Spring, the daffs will be out here soon in Cornwall. lol

Posted

Was yesterdays big Thunderstorms not good enough for you lot? Posted Image

C'mon Spring, the daffs will be out here soon in Cornwall. lol

Cor yeah, best day of winter so far!...Lovely interlude to the awful winter! Shame it caused a bit of damage though. Not what was needed this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Meh, this week looks pants in terms of snow - again, sadly. Sorry to seem negative, but that's the reality. There's more wet than white on the way this week.

In all fairness, after yesterday's surprise, I'm very happy with the weather now - something different to just the wind and rain we've had plenty of. Posted Image

Coldest temp for me last night was at 2:30am, 2.3c (1014mb // 2.2mph(W))

Currently at 7.3°C (990mb // 16.8mph(W)

Posted

Hmmmm? The BBC has me down for light snow at 10pm tonight and the forecast is pretty good for a trough of snow to pass over by the look of the latest graphics?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/cv12

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Colder air should start pushing through now, Temp 4.5c.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmmmm? The BBC has me down for light snow at 10pm tonight and the forecast is pretty good for a trough of snow to pass over by the look of the latest graphics? http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/cv12

8pm and 11pm for me... (CV9) :/

Posted

Colder air should start pushing through now, Temp 4.5c.

Mine's rising still... currently on 8.8c :/

Posted

Holding steady around 8C across most of the West Midlands as far as I can tell. But winds are now westerly...and the colder air is out there to our west. Just 2 or 3 more hours maybe before the small chance of it getting interesting?

Edited by Gord

Posted

Gusty winds and dark skies now as rain shower moves in, as I expected those last traces of -5 upper's shown on the 06z have vanished for tonight now (-5 850hPa temps and lower illegal this winter it seems :lol:) but had snow off -2 upper's before so hopefully will get some heavy precip for evaporative cooling to take place.

Posted

A snow shower has just started here, sky gone every dark. Temp 2.6c Dp 1.2c.

Edit; that soon blew through..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

It's dropped to 6.7C in the past hour so let's hope it can drop off a bit more and some showers can blow this way. Not hopeful for where I am but we shall see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh heavy rain here also cant see it turning to snow though, hope i am wrong, good luck all.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Too warm for snow here, still 8 degrees!

3c here in West Wales, should start dropping sharply over the Midlands soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes dewpoints are just about right for snow to fall even at lower ground, for a time over night with heavy enough precip, and the showers coming through look to be active. Places with some elevation such as Birmingham, look likely to see at least a few flakes of snow, don't be surprised in one or two places to see a temporary covering, in the morning!Posted Image

post-6830-0-48873900-1390758776_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

UKMO is so inconsistent at 144, but the 144 chart looks snowy for north of region, very cold NW winds, GFS though looks snow free for low lying areas for the whole run