Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted

A completely dry day yesterday! Another lovely frost this morning. Yeah!

• Like 1

Posted

An overnight low of -3.3c here, and still below zero right now. A very hard frost too - hey, at least it looks like winter this morning!

Any reports of fog in the region? It was forecast to be fairly widespread, but we have blue skies here.

Bish

Posted

Nice hard frost n ice this morning fog in the valley has dispersed and lookslike lovely day weatherwise.... This upcoming week although a lot of uncertainty its looking interesting at least and still some hope of the white stuff before january is out.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Cold out there still, 2.2c here at midday, shame the fog wasn't here like they forcasted it would of been our first ICE day for sure.

Oh! well, Like Bish said "at least it looks looked like winter this morning!"Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Cold out there still, 2.2c here at midday, shame the fog wasn't here like they forcasted it would of been our first ICE day for sure.

Hmmm, I make it 6.5C right now? Perhaps some sun is hitting the thermometer at Monkspath weather station Posted Image

Bish

Posted

Overnight low of -3.3c here in the end, coldest day of the winter thus far, 2.4c and overcast at the minute.

Posted

Hmmm, I make it 6.5C right now? Perhaps some sun is hitting the thermometer at Monkspath weather station Posted Image

Bish,

Yes i clocked that earlier! my thoughts as well, its got to be the sun... also 10s, 11s, 9s, around the 3s,4s, and 5s on the Current Weather Around Solihull http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/26-Newsflashes/Weather-Conditions/110-current-weather-around-solihull.html Dodgy weather stations if you ask me.

Posted

Yes i clocked that earlier! my thoughts as well, its got to be the sun... also 10s, 11s, 9s, around the 3s,4s, and 5s on the Current Weather Around Solihull http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/26-Newsflashes/Weather-Conditions/110-current-weather-around-solihull.html Dodgy weather stations if you ask me.

Yes I noticed that as well, temps all over the shop from 11c to 1c Posted Image

Birmingham Airport is currently reading 5.0c

Bish

Posted

This seems to be a lot more reliable http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/coleshill-warwickshire#?tab=last24hours

Anyway Bish, plenty to keep us interested in the weather this week, Maybe something a little colder in the pipeline for us coldies Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Definitely more positive charts today, still not quite there and a long way to go but nice to see overnight upgrades after expecting to wake up finding the Azores High slap bang over us for the weekend.

After the grim morning turned into a lovely afternoon now, was hoping to get our first sub 5c day of the winter but 5.8c now.

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpgPosted Imageimage.jpg

Interesting I think

Yes, always interesting to see in the forecast and even better on charts/maps, but thats too far off even for me, a mad head coldie Posted Image

its showing for Sat pm and way too marginal, i'm sure that will change in the next half an hour or so.

I hope i'm wrong and we have a snowmageddon upgrade Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear I write my first positive post RE the charts of the year and now immediately the 12z is falling apart with a much flatter pattern for Thursday/Friday Posted Image

Edited by conor123
  • Like 1

Posted

After the grim morning turned into a lovely afternoon now, was hoping to get our first sub 5c day of the winter but 5.8c now.

Indeed, we haven't managed one here yet either. The closest we came was 5.1c back on 11th December.

By way of contrast, during the last genuinely mild winter - 2006/07 - we'd clocked up six such days by this point :(

Bish

Posted

Oh dear I write my first positive post RE the charts of the year and now immediately the 12z is falling apart Posted Image

Nah... Not too bad, Better chance of that low sliding SouthEast..... Good fight thoughPosted Image

That azores high is pain in the backside, i wish it would just sink Posted Image

Posted

Nah... Not too bad, Better chance of that low sliding SouthEast..... Good fight thoughPosted Image

Fingers crossed, unfortunately a much flatter pattern on the UKMO to though, ideally we need Thursday's low to sink as far south as possible to pull in those easterlies, everything after is still FI but the further south it sinks the better.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very thick Fog down in the Valleys here, just driven through Bakwell and you carnt see anything but fog!, clear blue skys further up at my location..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Very thick Fog down in the Valleys here, just driven through Bakwell and you carnt see anything but fog !

A very good chance of it being more widespead tonight.I wonder if it's hung on anyway in the Midlands today.

Yes fingers X..... conor123. Still plenty more runs too come over the next few days, Thats if it don't happen on this runPosted Image

Posted

if only Thursday's low would cut off and blast those easterlies in full steam :lol: then Friday's front stall and dump a foot, we deserve it after this past few month's.

• Like 2

Posted

if only Thursday's low would cut off and blast those easterlies in full steam Posted Image then Friday's front stall and dump a foot, we deserve it after this past few month's.

That's a lovely hopecast, GEFS pertur's 13,http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=6&code=13&mode=0&carte=0 isn't too bad... Now that's my a hopecast Posted Image

Posted

There's some real knee jerk reactions in the MOD, Just over half way through Winter Posted Image 

Lot's of potential from the N/W from the end of the week, we are not going to get an Easterly this time round, but it wont be back to the typical Atlantic we have had to endure so far this Winter, I expect lows to push further South this time round with a more disrupted Vortex pulling colder shot's of air down with them. Lot's of now casting to come over the coming weeks is my punt. Winter is far from over, unless you are expecting another 2010...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

There's some real knee jerk reactions in the MOD, Just over half way through Winter Posted Image

Lot's of potential from the N/W from the end of the week, we are not going to get an Easterly this time round, but it wont be back to the typical Atlantic we have had to endure so far this Winter, I expect lows to push further South this time round with a more disrupted Vortex pulling colder shot's of air down with them. Lot's of now casting to come over the coming weeks is my punt. Winter is far from over, unless you are expecting another 2010...

here we are not even in winter, never mind half way through it! today was more like winter mind you, although still reached 3.6C max, hope winter proper can start sometime in Feb

normally a day even this early in season with no wind, frosty start would be an ice day, even with mild uppers